Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 38 and season closer Match Day Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Damn, bad week cost me my spot in the boards top 50 :mad:

So many goals and only 2 players with assists and 1 with a goal..........

oh well, theres my goal for next season, got to get into the top 50 :)

Is there anyway to see this league and how it finished ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Congratulations to Michael Doyle on winning the boards league.

The table doesn't lie, and obviously he performed the best over the course of the season. Well done to him, a worthy winner.

its a draw between him and carlcon ? Capture.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭slick89

They just havent updated total points as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Lads are the leagues fully finished at this point?.e.g have all point hits etc been taken. I was 2 pts behind in a league last night and it seems I have 6 BP's and he has 3 BP's so seems strange why I havn't moved up (I didn't take any point hit)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

league tables are still being updated

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭cup of tea

mossym wrote: »
    league tables are still being updated

Great. That's what I was reading on the site but just wasn't sure as they have the updated GW score next to the teams but obviously not the correct overall score.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Has anyone else lost a league thanks to the spoilsport ref booking Aguero? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Thanos wrote: »
    Damn, bad week cost me my spot in the boards top 50 :mad:

So many goals and only 2 players with assists and 1 with a goal..........

oh well, theres my goal for next season, got to get into the top 50 :)

Thats my aim for nextt year too!
    Boards: Top 50
    Ireland: Top 1000
    Overall: Top 10000

I wasn't too far off it this year. I just need to work on getting a better start to next season!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

A very average season for me.

But finished 15 points ahead of a mate of mine. He had Boyce (16 points) as un-used first sub this week. Perfect finish to the season!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Well lads, sitting in GDG airport waiting to come home from Paris.

I eventually won my mini league by about 40 points in the end. Was very annoyed by Evans starting but more annoyed by the fact I forgot to start him regardless.

Also I took a 4 point hit to cover my opponents Toure and benched Pienear. Those decisions cost me a top 3k finish and top 25 boards finish. Top 11k, 4k and 5k over last 3 years so the consistency is there.

Top 50 boards finish which is always good.

Glad to be taking a break now. Will mess around with Euro2012 league but need a break.

Now off to buy an iPad 3 with my winnings :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Well lads, sitting in GDG airport waiting to come home from Paris.

I eventually won my mini league by about 40 points in the end. Was very annoyed by Evans starting but more annoyed by the fact I forgot to start him regardless.

Also I took a 4 point hit to cover my opponents Toure and benched Pienear. Those decisions cost me a top 3k finish and top 25 boards finish. Top 11k, 4k and 5k over last 3 years so the consistency is there.

Glad to be taking a break now. Will mess around with Euro2012 league but need a break.

Now off to buy an iPad 3 with my winnings :-)

Buy a Galaxy Tab 7.7 (writing from this)!! They are awesome!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Maggie McGaggie

The amount of clean sheets I've had on the bench this season has been ridiculous. I honestly think it's been an average of about 1 a week. So irritating.

Same with me. My keeper and defence cost me dear this season. Must have had Simpson on the bench for about 6 cleanies + other signings like Smalling, Kelly and Begovic all underperformed massively. Was very difficult to have a good defence this season as Chelsea and Stoke were far poorer than usual, Mancini kept rotating 3 of his defenders and the likes of Evra were too expensive. Everton came good in the second half, so did Sunderland in the earlier part of MON's reign, along with Swansea and Jonny Evans for MU but it was hard to get right.

I don't think anyone can afford to get too arrogant in this game as it can come back to bite you on the ass. You have to be willing to listen to advice, not just dish it out. He tried to make me look stupid that's why i was annoyed .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Regarding players on the bench getting cleanies, it's a sign of a very well built team tbh. Sure, now and again you are going to have a cleanie sitting there but I'd rather him than a guy that does nothing as once or twice that player will come off the bench.

Every week I check clean sheet odds and choose my defenders accordingly. The bookies earn their crust with these odds and more often than not they are right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭cullenswood

I finished level on points with the guy who led my money league since day one!!!
    On the site I am in first position though. How do they decide this?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Bigtoe107

Good season for me finished in the top 5k and in the top 700 in Ireland plus I won almost all the leagues I entered.Some stupid decisions cost me like refusing to aknowlage swanseys good form and jumping on bandwagons. Ah well ill be back next year to do it all again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Regarding players on the bench getting cleanies, it's a sign of a very well built team tbh. Sure, now and again you are going to have a cleanie sitting there but I'd rather him than a guy that does nothing as once or twice that player will come off the bench.

Every week I check clean sheet odds and choose my defenders accordingly. The bookies earn their crust with these odds and more often than not they are right.

I wholeheartedly agree that you're better off occasionally having points on the bench than having people who won't do anything.

However, the sheer frequency of it this season has been mind-boggling. I'd say I had my highest scoring 11 starting less than 10 times. That is just painful.

I haven't paid enough attention to the bookies this year. Must bear it in mind for next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

I finished level on points with the guy who led my money league since day one!!!
    On the site I am in first position though. How do they decide this?

Least number of transfers wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

still waiting on leagues to be updated, this should of been sorted at the earliest dismorning.

joke of a system, i want my money bitc*s :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Lost my League on the last day,sickened...........Rooney and Evans cost me the League........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

All I asked for was that I lost by more than 4 points because I took a stupid 4 point hit last week that got me exactly 0 points, instead of playing with only 2 fit defenders. I lost by 3 points. HA.

Anyway, congrats to the winner.

But my main cause for concern this morning was whether or not I won €3,000 or €1,000 in my money competition. Was 12 points ahead before BPs. Terry (2) Heitinga (3) and Aguero (6) caught him up 11 points, but trusty Jelavic gave me a buffer. Delighted. My summer has now been upgraded. :D

Although if Kyle Bloody Walker had stayed on the pitch 12 minutes longer, those 5 points would have stopped all the wondering. Ah well!

Again, congrats to everyone who made some cash this year, and cheers to all those who enjoyed the ride. Nice playing with ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

My highest ever score leaves me inside the top 7000 overall and just outside the boards top 50. Roll on the euros and next season, hopefully they don't launch the site so late next season after the disaster of Gw1 this season

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Johnny Evans with a sneaky 2BP's! Bargain of the season @4.5!

BP's also for Terry, Valencia and captain Aguero means I sneak ahead in my personal league. Top 100 in Boards so respectible if not overly competitive.

2,000 was my goal and I got over 2,150 so delighted. Hope there's less crap going on next year with the GW1 and BP system being a bit lame.

Let's go back to 1 Wildcard a season. This year was ridiculous with everybody having the same team practically!

Still, bit of craic. Would never have watched the likes of Norwich or Wigan as passionately otherwise!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭DoubleD

Lost my league by a point. Hibbert og cost me big:( Had Evans benched and all. Sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Finished around the 63,000 mark which is not too shabby for second season at his game., considering I was about 400,000 places worse off few months ago.

Onwards and upwards next season.

Everyone give yourself a pat on the back who posted and participated this year. Some serious amount of involvement. A special thanks to all who have helped make the new forum what it is, i thought tbh it'd never happen, but i hope ye've enjoyed it. Special thanks to Moon and Ade too. Top Mods. See ye for the Euros!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Well played Michael on winning the league, a great push at the end no panic from you to bring home the title.

5th place for me, and 524th overall is my best finish to date, happy with that for sure. Looking forward to the Euro's now although the FF for that is more of a lottery and is more a sprint than a marathon

A quick congrats also to Mr John Corry, winner of the Serie B-oards league! 1568 points no mean feat for a league that started in gw13! Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

manual_man wrote: »
    A quick congrats also to Mr John Corry, winner of the Serie B-oards league! 1568 points no mean feat for a league that started in gw13! Well done!

Yeah well done John!
    But don't tell me 'bout the GW 13 overall league. Finished 2nd 2 points off the winner because of bloody Hibbert. Gutted :(. Ah well c'est la vie. Nothing more than personal pride involved :pac:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

iroced wrote: »
    Yeah well done John!
    But don't tell me 'bout the GW 13 overall league. Finished 2nd 2 points off the winner because of bloody Hibbert. Gutted :(. Ah well c'est la vie. Nothing more than personal pride involved :pac:.

Well I've got one better! I went from joint 5th on boards to 13th and 521st to 1356th overall in one week. A mere 25 points, which was my worst week over the entire season. It started with the crazy decision to bring in and captain Torres. Also had Ramires for a 4pt hit. Transferred out Jelavic to make room. Left Vorm, Evans and Pienaar on the bench. That's 31 points lost! All I can call it is a brain fart of epic proportions!

I knew I was in trouble early on the Arsenal result with RVP, Szczesny and Vermaelen not producing. Throw in the Hibbert OG and its a gameweek I want to forget.

Still, I would have taken 1356 overall at the start of the season. This week has thought me a real lesson. Don't over analyse, avoid hits and always go with form players.

Can't wait for the new season. Bring it on!

Advertisement