Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 38 and season closer Match Day Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I reckon i l will lose my main league by 2/3 points after bps are given out.......i feel like i was raped twice in one day after City winning...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Maggie McGaggie

Looks like Champions-Michael Doyle won it in injury time. Well done:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Only downside to today was bringing in Moses for a 4 point hit. Still won H2H league for some money though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Jonathan Evans plays after all even though he was flagged red. That's cost me 2nd place in one of my leagues as the guy in 3rd left him on & I benched him.
    Add to that, Cauker on the bench with 6 pts, Hibbert OG & Walker getting substituted has made for a very frustrating end to my FF season. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Looks like Champions-Michael Doyle won it in injury time. Well done:)

The urgency in which some people are trying to take my lead away is hilarious.

We're tied. He's only got captain Aguero expecting BPs as a player I don't have, with people giving him 3 points in their heads based on the excitement of a last minute winner when in reality there were 5 goal scorers in that game who could nick the 3 (particularly with a defender scoring). I've got Jelavic, Rooney, Silva and captain RVP who have all scored points today that he doesn't have. 3 from Rooney as the only scorer is expected, with Jelavic another potential 3 (you'd expect at least 2). Then there's the Young/Valenica potential, which again could go either way.

It's gonna be close, we don't know yet. So give it a day before you wet yourselves in excitement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

carlcon wrote: »
    The urgency in which some people are trying to take my lead away is hilarious.

We're tied. He's only got captain Aguero expecting BPs as a player I don't have, with people giving him 3 points in their heads based on the excitement of a last minute winner when in reality there were 5 goal scorers in that game who could nick the 3 (particularly with a defender scoring). I've got Jelavic, Rooney, Silva and captain RVP who have all scored points today that he doesn't have. 3 from Rooney as the only scorer is expected, with Jelavic another potential 3 (you'd expect at least 2). Then there's the Young/Valenica potential, which again could go either way.

It's gonna be close, we don't know yet. So give it a day before you wet yourselves in excitement.

Dont worry about this league man, sure you have 3K coming your way for winning that other league. Tis all good.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

I'm currently 12 points clear in that league. I'm not saying a word about it until the BPs come out. He had Terry, Aguero, and Heitinga, so I'm not in the clear yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Considering how the BP system seems to work this year Aguero will get 3 bonus points since his goal won City the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Considering how the BP system seems to work this year Aguero will get 3 bonus points since his goal won City the title.

that'll do nicely! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

By the looks of things ill finish about 18th in the boards league.

Not happy with that considering i was in the top ten couple of weeks ago ha.

Ah well won my private league by more then 100 points so cant complain to much :).

Already cant wait for this game to come back!!!

See yas all again come August :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Heaps of goals so far but all i have is one goal + one assist. Really need captain heskey to come good today. Was torn between capping him or rooney, wrong decision so far.

mu83.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

According to FFS:
    Bonus Predictions

Chelsea 2 Blackburn 1
    Terry 3, Meireles 2, Essien 1

Man City 3 QPR 2
    Aguero 3, Zabaleta 2, Silva 1

Norwich 2 Aston Villa 0
    Johnson 3, Jackson 2, Naughton 1

Stoke 2 Bolton 2
    Walters 3, Mark Davies 2, Ream 1

Sunderland 0 Man United 1
    Jones 3, Giggs 2, Rooney & Evans 1

Swansea 1 Liverpool 0
    Williams 3, Graham 2, Taylor & Rangel 1

Tottenham 2 Fulham 0
    Adebayor 3, Lennon 2, Sandro 1

West Brom 2 Arsenal 3
    Koscielny 3, Santos 2, Benayoun 1

Wigan 3 Wolves 2
    Boyce 3, Beausejour 2, Di Santo 1

Everton 3 Newcastle 1
    Pienaar 3, Heitinga 2, Jelavic & Gibson 1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

having pienaar on the bench looked like it cost me a place in my paid league, but ah well, in the money so can't complain. unlike some others though i'm glad it's done for a while, be glad of the break until august again

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Special Agent Oso

Il be glad of the break for a while lads tbh, i feel like my brain has been wearing a nappy for the past few months with all this decision making. Only joined Boards recently so i missed out on joining the Boards league but il be in it next year - another person to help fill up mid-table if nothing else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭veXual

Please god let Aguero get the bonus points! Joint top of my money league with him as captain. Raging he took his jersey off to celebrate cost me two points!

You'd swear I was a City fan the leapin around I did when he scored!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

thewools wrote: »
    According to FFS:
    Bonus Predictions

Chelsea 2 Blackburn 1
    Terry 3, Meireles 2, Essien 1

Man City 3 QPR 2
    Aguero 3, Zabaleta 2, Silva 1

Norwich 2 Aston Villa 0
    Johnson 3, Jackson 2, Naughton 1

Stoke 2 Bolton 2
    Walters 3, Mark Davies 2, Ream 1

Sunderland 0 Man United 1
    Jones 3, Giggs 2, Rooney & Evans 1

Swansea 1 Liverpool 0
    Williams 3, Graham 2, Taylor & Rangel 1

Tottenham 2 Fulham 0
    Adebayor 3, Lennon 2, Sandro 1

West Brom 2 Arsenal 3
    Koscielny 3, Santos 2, Benayoun 1

Wigan 3 Wolves 2
    Boyce 3, Beausejour 2, Di Santo 1

Everton 3 Newcastle 1
    Pienaar 3, Heitinga 2, Jelavic & Gibson 1

Shouldnt Rooney get 3 because he was the only 1 who scored ?

These bonus might have just cost me my private league, im 2 points clear before bonus points with 500 quid up for grabs!

Rivals got Johnson, jelvic , jones and augero and Iv got augero (captain) and Rooney !

Really need Rooney to get the 3 !

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭lazywhole

what time will the bp points be out at.. its a bit too close for comfort for me !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

This is why the bonus system doesnt work. We had our fpl party yesterday and nothing could be decided because of the bonus points.

Makes a feck of the day really!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Is there any indication of lads of when the bonuses will be in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

NO! They have been so random you just don't know.
    I would hope they have them out by 1pm mind you.

Well well they are in now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭gobo99

looks like Michael Doyle is boards champion. Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Bonus points are out, I somehow won my mini league by 1 point thanks to Evans and Valencia getting 2 points each and Pienaar only getting 1 point. Absolutely jammed it but I'll take it. Difference between 1st and 2nd was around €300 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28 del fuego

Final bonus points of the season.

Chelsea 2 - 1 Blackburn
    Terry (2)
    Meireles (3)

Yakubu

Everton 3 - 1 Newcastle
    Heitinga (3)
    Pienaar
    Jelavic (2)

Man City 3 - 2 QPR
    Zabaleta (2)
    Dzeko
    Aguero (3)

Cisse

Norwich 2 - 0 Aston Villa
    Naughton
    Holt (2)
    Jackson (3)

Stoke City 2 - 2 Bolton
    Walters (2)

Ream
    Davies M (3)

Sunderland 0 - 1 Man Utd
    Evans J (2)
    Valencia (2)
    Rooney (3)

Swansea 1 - 0 Liverpool
    Williams (2)
    Taylor
    Graham (3)

Tottenham 2 - 0 Fulham

Friedel
    Kaboul
    Sandro (2)
    Lennon
    Adebayor (3)

West Brom 2 - 3 Arsenal
    Koscielny (3)
    Santos (2)
    Benayoun (2)

Wigan 3 - 2 Wolves
    Boyce (3)
    Beausejour
    Di Santo (2)

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭veXual

Aguero's 3 bonus points just won me my money league. By far the most inspired transfer I made this season. Brought him in Sunday morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,109 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Congratulations to Michael Doyle on winning the boards league.

The table doesn't lie, and obviously he performed the best over the course of the season. Well done to him, a worthy winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Finished the season on 2090 which Im quite happy about considering my start. Also thats what my goal is every year, in or around the 2000 mark. So thats exactly 55 average per week which is a respectful score. Some good knowledge from ye lot too even if I should have ignored some of it... Demba Ba transfer fail sticks to mind:pac:

Heres to GW 1:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

How many people were in the boards league exactly?

10 bps for a 55 point gameweek total. Pissed i didn't start Evans tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

The amount of clean sheets I've had on the bench this season has been ridiculous. I honestly think it's been an average of about 1 a week. So irritating.

• Advertisement

irish-stew wrote: »
    How many people were in the boards league exactly?

Advertisement