Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

A friend of mine has a pair of rosary beeds tattooed around his neck, praying hands below his ribs and his second name on this arm.

Hes not even holy :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

James__10 wrote: »
    A friend of mine has a pair of rosary beeds tattooed around his neck, praying hands below his ribs and his second name on this arm.

Hes not even holy :confused:

I seen the praying hands on a lad i used to know, one hand was bigger than the other! it looked like jeremy beadle saying his prayers. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Is that why you're thinking of getting a tattoo to "stick it to the PC brigade"? 'Cause you don't care what people think?
    Good logic there. Have a think about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭TehDagsBass

Pottler wrote: »
    Good logic there. Have a think about it.
    The point of the post was to highlight your failure of logic in your "I don't give a **** what people think so I'm gonna get a tattoo to stick it to people over their opinion" tripe you've been posting here.

I am glad you spotted it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

I have 10+ tattoos, the last one I got was a pinup girl on my forearm:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Remember being hearing a conversation years ago, one bloke said to the other "Tattoos dont make you a Sailor, dropping the soap does".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Patri

Kamjana wrote: »
    I dont know why i got it,but i have this tattoo on my left arm :o

Looks kind of like THFC handy if you're a tottenham fan? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

I have lots of tattoos, i love them, my favourites are the Michael Parkes painting i have on the left hand side of my ribs which took about 8-10 hours and my favourite HR Giger painting that im getting done on the right hand side of my ribs. I got all the outline for that one done today, it took 3 hours and was very painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

I was mad into getting a Slayer tattoo in my teens, the classic sword and pentagram logo. I never got around to it. I like tatoos but they are not for me.

The first tattoo i ever got was the soulfly logo on the top of my arm followed by another tribal mask tied into it down to my elbow. Ha ha the mistakes of a stupid teenager, i think i will be getting them removed/covered next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

1210m5g wrote: »
    The first tattoo i ever got was the soulfly logo on the top of my arm followed by another tribal mask tied into it down to my elbow. Ha ha the mistakes of a stupid teenager, i think i will be getting them removed/covered next year.

Well at least you picked a decent enough band :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

I have a tribal tattoo on the side of my left hand, a musical clef on my right wrist and a star bcos i taut it woz soo cute, a butterfly on my left shoulder, a rose on my upper right arm, tweety on the other, a set of rosary beads on my ankle, I have a poem on the whole side of my rib cage and some Chinese symbols on my lower back, something to read and all.~

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

The point of the post was to highlight your failure of logic in your "I don't give a **** what people think so I'm gonna get a tattoo to stick it to people over their opinion" tripe you've been posting here.

I am glad you spotted it though.
    Nah, I'll get a big Nazi Iron cross on my arm cos my dad was a SS soldier. I took a lot of crap over that when I was a kid and it used to bother me. It bothers me no more but it does bother others, so an Iron cross would pi55 them off even more. Which suits me fine. Oh, and by the way, I like my tripe. Not so keen on yours though. Judging peoples Logic? From you? Sure when did you last do anything logical? Even your Ma said you were dropped as a kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

What tribe are you a member of?

a different one to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

saa wrote: »
    I have a poem on the whole side of my rib cage and some Chinese symbols on my lower back, something to read and all.~

Can you read Chinese?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Katgurl

I have two - one to celebrate turning 21 and the other 30. They're both discreet like my piercings because I've worked in an office for years. I don't think they're quite the statement people believe them to be because they are so common now, a huge portion of elderly people are going to have tattoes in 20 years time. There is also no major significance behind mine except I like the idea of bringing some facet of my style appearance along forever ie I'm certainly not going to have my 21 year olds hair / skin when I'm 70 but I'll still have the very same tattoo on my hip hidden away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I have one of the gentleman in my avatar. I have it nearly 20 years and I've never regretted it. I've also never forgotten the day I got it done. There were two lads in the queue ahead of me. When they were called and asked what they wanted, they pointed out designs on the wall. Told that those designs cost £200, they hurriedly scanned the wall and asked the prices of various designs, settling on some £50 ones. When asked where they wanted them, they pointed at the space between the elbow and the wrist. Now that is stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Eroticfishcake

Kya1976 wrote: »
    I have 10+ tattoos, the last one I got was a pinup girl on my forearm:)

Love your tattoos (from seeing pics somewhere on boards). They really define your style.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Can you read Chinese?

Can you read sarcasm? ;)

Art is just about as subjective as anything can get so some people will like your tattoo(s) and others will not. Got to accept that if you have tattoos some people wont like the look of them.

Using your body as a canvas for art is risky especially since its practically permanent. Lots of people do it and enjoy them though. They can be touched up if they fade and as skin gets older.

Somehow too many tattoos make someone look like they can never be properly naked. Do not like sleeves. Some people love em and really do it for them so there you go as subjective as can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

I think they are unbelievably sexy.

http://www.picgifs.com/wallpapers/celebrities/kat-von-d/animaatjes-kat-von-d-37465.jpg

OT: An Oasis tattoo on my wrist.

Tattoos are horrible on most women. Small little ones, on the wrist, or somewhere reasonably discrete are grand. But big massive ones are horrible. A tramp stamp it's the most off putting thing ever. She's unbelievably hot, but the tattoos take away from it, not add to it. Imagine that her 60s? It'll be like a copybook left out in the rain. And women with tattoos on their t*ts, like paw prints or hearts or whatever are absolutely rank. Just horrible.

Never got a tattoo myself. Got it into my head at 18 that I was getting something like this on my back. But I was talked out of it by someone who wasn't as thick as me. Thank f*ck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I've two tattoos, one of which is is in progress.

My first was two years ago, I got it after thinking about that design for 7 years. The second tat has been chosen by my grandmother who I'm very close to.

I love both my tattoos, they're thoughtful, tasteful and done by an incredible artist who I chose specifically ad his work is so good.

I don't care if others don't like my tattoos (only one person has said they don't, even people who don't like tattoos have said its amazing artwork), and I'm not going to care how they look at 60 or 70.
    At least my grandkids will be able to look at grandad and know that he lived life, enjoyed it, and didn't let others dictate how to live it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭DenMan

One (so far). A star on my left wrist. I'll be looking at getting something on the back of my neck in the future.

Not really, I've heard lots of the "reasons" for getting tattoos and I've lol'd at every one of them.

Bet you didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

Never realised there was such hatred for tattoos and people with tattoos. My brother did my first tattoo and I feel privileged to have it, it means a lot to me and tbh is no different to the other scars I have on my body. I'm quite proud of them. I feel sorry for people who take such issue with them and people who have them. They must be a really fun bunch of people to be around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

This thread makes me want to get some tattoos :)

and more piercings, definitely more piercings. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

I have 6 tattoos. Love every one of them and don't regret any of them. There will be more to come... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Tramp stamp and a muffin roll enough said.

Infairness don't like them, never did but knock yourself out it is afterall your own body.

Kya1976 wrote: »
    the last one I got was a pinup girl on my forearm:)

Have an idea for my next one in mind but I've been toying with the idea of a pinup after that. Maybe on my thigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

token101 wrote: »
    Tattoos are horrible on most women. Small little ones, on the wrist, or somewhere reasonably discrete are grand. But big massive ones are horrible. A tramp stamp it's the most off putting thing ever. She's unbelievably hot, but the tattoos take away from it, not add to it. Imagine that her 60s? It'll be like a copybook left out in the rain. And women with tattoos on their t*ts, like paw prints or hearts or whatever are absolutely rank. Just horrible.

I find the benefit of having big tattoos, including on my chest, is that I don't end up chatting to jerks as much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I have 3, one on each upper arm and one on my wrist.

That said, I'd never get a tattoo in a language I don't understand. I went to school abroad and a girl heard I spoke Irish and asked if I liked her tattoo as it was in Irish. It was meant to be láidir but said 'faidir'.
    Those sort of tattoos always remind me of these

'Free drugs'

Advertisement