Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 36..Match Day thread.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I have played in goals quite a bit over the years and as a keeper you always watch the body-shape of the person in possession especially when they are lining up to shoot. There was only one way that ball was going, that's what makes Cech attempt to save it so pathetic. I'll bet that other people will echo my sentiments over the next few days. I'm not taking anything away from the strike but i think that this is already being over-hyped too much. I was expecting it to be up there amongst the best goals off all-time but it is nothing of the sort at all.

561390_360747163974675_190050664377660_953743_772819232_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

ah it was some strike lads, the technique involved in that during a match is crazy!. iv pulled of something similiar in training once or twice from near the halfway where i just booted it with the outside of my foot and it dipped but not from that angle and in a big big match.

crazy take a bow cisse, even though he gave my rival a bit of revival :mad: i think that is by far goal of the season, better than crouchs imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Haha that's a great photo of the goal. Cisse is lucky though, Maggie would have read the flight of the ball and caught it one handed if he was in nets. He's a goalkeeper I hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

In all my years playing FF, I dont think Ive seen a higher pts total for one week. 180 with BPs to be added :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Fowler87 wrote: »
    In all my years playing FF, I dont think Ive seen a higher pts total for one week. 180 with BPs to be added :eek:

Definitely worth the 28 point hit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

thunderdog wrote: »
    Definitely worth the 28 point hit

He'll score fúck all in the final 2 GW's though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Fowler87 wrote: »

The amazing thing is that a lot of his players did absolutely nothing in the second game. Terry, Walker, Pienaar, Mata, Torres and Jelavic all got about 1 or 2 points each. Suarez didn't play.

If Everton or Chelsea had played better this game then he'd have broken 200.

My best ever was 146. Captain Rooney with 64 points. Never come close to it ever again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Tonight has been a killer. Cisse brace, Newcastle clean sheet, Van der Vaart outscoring Bale. Absolute nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm on 94 points. 3 bonus for Cisse (c) this mo will give me the magical 100.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

But he scored 17 points in GW30. Was hoping for a few of those performances.

He had done that once all season and Bolton have kept one clean sheet since the start of the year. He (and all Bolton defenders) was a massive gamble.

There's alot to be said for quality over quantity for the dgw!
    Just seen the 2nd cisse goal. Good speculative shot but absolutely shocking goalkeeping from Cech imo. Should have saved it. No way is that one of the best goals ever scored in PL, his first goal was better. Not trying to be smart just giving my opinion.

My point is : How can a goal be one of the best ever scored in PL if the keeper should have saved it? Watch Cech's footwork again if you don't believe me. It is actually shameful goalkeeping.

You should have played yourself over Bogdan in goal and captained yourself. Youd have scored a million points. :p

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

It was looking decent before yesterday's games. Back in the top 10, now have to try and remain in the top 20. Not gonna lie, well disappointed. Being sloppy with deadlines for a few gameweeks back in March has cost me dearly as well as well as missing out on that Double GW back in Feb I think (BAE doing the business).

Trying to take risks to claw my way back up the Boards SF league since then has been real hit n miss and thus has brought me back in other league, some of which I'm now 2nd after being well in front.

Jelavic (C) did well but someone in one of my other league seems to have all the luck falling in front of him now. He captained VDV this GW (40 points). Spurs have an awful record at the Reebok, so I didn't think much of his choice till he scored again and now got 3 BP's for it! He finished on 100+ points. Me.. 77.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Anybody know what time the bonus points will be announced today?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

561390_360747163974675_190050664377660_953743_772819232_n.jpg

hehe very funny but I don't really agree. Technically speaking it's pretty obvious (his body position, his foot angle) Cisse wants to curve the ball using the "outside of his foot" (not too sure what's the appropriate term here, it's "l'exterieur du pied" in French ;)). Hence the blue more usual range of trajectories for his shot :D.

scaled.php?server=824&filename=cissegoal2.jpg&res=landing

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

bonus points are up...nothing for hibbert...boo hiss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Bonus
    Perch
    Santon (2)
    Cisse (3)

Bonus
    Van der Vaart (2)
    Modric
    Adebayor (3)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 del fuego

mossym wrote: »
    bonus points are up...nothing for hibbert...boo hiss

Bonus points are only up for last nights games for some strange reason. They must have forgotten Tuesday's.

Chelsea 0 - 2 Newcastle
    Perch
    Santon (2)
    Cisse (3)

Bolton 1 - 4 Tottenham

Van der Vaart (2)
    Modric
    Adebayor (3)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

What are they doing :rolleyes:

Surprised Bale got nothing :(

del fuego wrote: »
    Bonus points are only up for last nights games for some strange reason. They must have forgotten Tuesday's.

Chelsea 0 - 2 Newcastle
    PerchSanton (2)Cisse (3)Bolton 1 - 4 Tottenham

Van der Vaart (2)ModricAdebayor (3)

ah, right, missed that, just figured had nothing from tuesdays game..:)

cheers

Well spotted, what a joke......

Mr Moon wrote: »

It's a feckin atrosity that Bale got nothing :(

you had a spelling mistake in your post, corrected it there for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

Unreal night last night points wise, was on 57 and finished on 92 points thanks to Cisse, Adebayor and Bale, some turn around. No bonus points yet for the Tuesday night matches. Have Dempsey as captain so need some bonus points to make up for a poor captain choice. RvP on the bench doesn't help!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Nice try mossy :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Forgetting Tueday games just sums up the BP system for me. Whats the chances now they'll just pick 3 random players for it. Actually, thats pretty much what they've been doing all season.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭omniscient_toad

My defense ended up at two extremes, Vorm and Bardsley got 0/1 (wtf Wolves :( ) , and Santon and Kompany got 11/14, although I was very lucky to end up with Kompany subbing in, decided to take my chances and avoid another points hit replacing him.

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Nice try mossy :p

a disgraceful and blatant disregard for power. hang you head in shame, i think the FF powers envisaged this move by you and ignored bale just to punish you...

:P

Still no BP's from the Tuesday games?

keano_afc wrote: »
    Still no BP's from the Tuesday games?

Nope! They are idiots..............

• Registered Users Posts: 28 del fuego

Tuesday's bonus points are up ...at last!

Liverpool 0 - 1 Fulham

Schwarzer (2)
    Kelly
    Hangeland (3)
    Duff
    Dempsey
    Dembele

Stoke City 1 - 1 Everton
    Huth
    Osman (3)
    Pienaar (2)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Gah! 98 points. so close to my first ton.

• Advertisement

Tuesday's bonus points are up ...at last!

Liverpool 0 - 1 Fulham

Schwarzer (2)
    Kelly
    Hangeland (3)
    Duff
    Dempsey
    Dembele

Stoke City 1 - 1 Everton
    Huth
    Osman (3)
    Pienaar (2)

The 5 other Fulham players must be gutted about that. Why didnt they just go all out and give BP's to the whole team? A farce.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement