Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2012*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Paralysis

doctorbecs wrote: »
    198 - 95th!! third time lucky!!

Wow! Well done!

Any guesses wrt how much the points will go up from last year? I don't think the HPAT scores have...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

201 - 97th :)

It'll do I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭spasmaster

Paralysis wrote: »
    198 - 95th!! third time lucky!!

Wow! Well done!

Any guesses wrt how much the points will go up from last year? I don't think the HPAT scores have...

Dont think too much, maybe 5. Look at this curve compared to 2011. They re very similar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 aineh

Top score actually went down this year, wasn't expecting that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 doctorbecs

Wow! Well done!

the hpat scores have actually dropped from my calculations i got 189 last year which was 90th percentile and by the looks of things it has come up to 92nd percentile!
    the points will prob rise by approx 10-15points due to hl maths but thats it id imagine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭jenny18

well without ******** last year 179 80% with 169 67th% wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭hollingr

the hpat scores have actually dropped from my calculations i got 189 last year which was 90th percentile and by the looks of things it has come up to 92nd percentile!
    the points will prob rise by approx 10-15points due to hl maths but thats it id imagine

i also got 92nd percentile with score of 192

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

155 - 45th "/

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭leavingcert.

Congrats to all of ye with yer great results. Thankfully, medicine was only another option for me.. as I said before...can't make decisions! So I'm not too distraught, but still a bit surprised and disappointed at my result!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Paralysis

I dunno - I got 91st which was 191, so they seem to have stayed around the same as last year, I'm just praying the points don't rise 10-15, because then I couldn't get in with my grades! I'm hoping for a 5-7 points rise max!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Nazata

It says 100th percentile on my score, does that mean I'm in the top 1% or top overall?
    I actually think I'm in some dream right now...

I dunno - I got 91st which was 191, so they seem to have stayed around the same as last year, I'm just praying the points don't rise 10-15, because then I couldn't get in with my grades! I'm hoping for a 5-7 points rise max!

everyone is stressing at the fact that most people will have an extra 25 points and this will cause its t rise significantly, but remember, once u go over 550, 5 points can only be worth 1 so on that logic, the points should only rise 5-10 but still id be counting 10-15 as a good estimate, its medicine, it'll always suprise you

did anyone get 179 this year want to know percentile

Nazata wrote: »
    It says 100th percentile on my score, does that mean I'm in the top 1% or top overall?
    I actually think I'm in some dream right now...

its an impossibility to actually get a 100th percentile score but the aussies arent too big on stats!! my friend got it too it just means top 1%
    Major congrats!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 moll_bangers

176 - 77th percentile.. kinnd of gutted because ill probobly be out just a few points :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 HCCCM

155 - 45th "/
    Will that be enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 clairekitteh

I got 174... Anyone know if I have any chance at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭ivanh

gutted..

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭hollingr

if you get maximum points in the leaving cert, you will give yourself a good chance.. all depends how much the extra points for maths changes things..

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Tankosaur

Hey guys.

I got 199 points and my percentile was 96.

Just thought I'd post so people know what the percantiles looked like.

Good luck to everyone and condolances and congratulations to everyone who has checked already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 HCCCM

hollingr wrote: »

if you get maximum points in the leaving cert, yes you have a chance
    What do u think the points will go up to for med?

last year 64 60 56
    this year 56 56 57 why?

its an impossibility to actually get a 100th percentile score but the aussies arent too big on stats!! my friend got it too it just means top 1%
    Major congrats!!

Heh, was thinking about that myself...
    Thanks, greatly appreciated :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 clairekitteh

hollingr wrote: »
    if you get maximum points in the leaving cert, you will give yourself a good chance.. all depends how much the extra points for maths changes things..

Sound.. Thanks. >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭patar

Absolutely gutted.

sadly for every 35 people that follow this thread 7 will get 80th+ :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭BL1993

162 - gutted

• Registered Users Posts: 31 moll_bangers

out of curiosity what did people get in section 3?? coz i was certain i got most right:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TheAndydundas

jenny18 wrote: »
    sadly for every 35 people that follow this thread 7 will get 80th+ :(
    well i'm one of the 7 :) 182 and 84th percentile, just puttin it out there :D delighted with my results, and to those who weren't happy, tough luck and there's always alternatives to get what you want!

• Advertisement

out of curiosity what did people get in section 3?? coz i was certain i got most right:confused:

I got 86 in section 3 in the end...
    Was pretty confident bar the last question on it.

Advertisement