Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Snooker Championship 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Im sure he knows stephen hendry is a dangerous opponent without thinking of anything he has won. Just depends how consistent hendry can be. Id like to see hendry win that one. Id be betting on higgins though, if i was betting.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Glibert 3-1 up at the interval and looking very good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

Robertson 5-3 ahead after the first session.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Robertson looked pretty good there this afternoon from 3-1 down. Three centuries in four frames I think. That's six centuries already in the tournament for him.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Williams cueing pretty good in the second session. Currently 9-3 up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

Maguire looking pretty good so far, up 3-1 at the interval. I'm looking forward to the Higgins/Hendry game tomorrow, Higgins was very poor against Wenbo and lucky to get through to the 2nd round. Saying that, I wouldn't be surprised if he wins it outright

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Voodoo_rasher

Is it me or is Eurosport continuity manned by gremlins. shocking scheduling.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

BBC Interactive is the way to go (if you can get it), think this pretty much has every match live.

BBC Interactive is the way to go (if you can get it), think this pretty much has every match live.

Ya it's great, I somehow forgot I had it until the 2nd day of the snooker and I cursing at eurosport all day for the bloody scheduling

• Registered Users Posts: 23,261 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Ya and its free so its fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Is it me or is Eurosport continuity manned by gremlins. shocking scheduling.

Yeah it's a bit all over the place alright. One of the evenings I was on one channel waiting for about 15 mins, until I realised they had switched it to the other channel. This evening they were about half hour late because the tennis went late.

Their commentary is better than I thought it would be. One little thing that is a little annoying is the commentary is a fraction behind the picture. Think that is because they aren't there, but you would imagine they see the sme pictures as us... obviously not though.

Funny to see Mark Williams asking the ref if the brown was where he thought. Have the same problems myself with colour blindness too!

Funny to see Mark Williams asking the ref if the brown was where he thought. Have the same problems myself with colour blindness too!

Same here. Always have to ask the other player what colour I'm aiming for, just to be sure.

Williams cueing pretty good in the second session. Currently 9-3 up

9-6 now, ye never know what could happen.

robbie7730 wrote: »
    9-6 now, ye never know what could happen.

Wouldn't mind, but I had a bet to pay out 125 euro if Williams won 10-5. :(

Wouldn't mind, but I had a bet to pay out 125 euro if Williams won 10-5. :(

Its looking like you are only going to be a frame out.

Maguire leads 5-3 overnight, great session of snooker, two tons from Maguire and one from Perry. Their second session is at 2.30pm tommorow.

Williams wins 10-6 and sets up a second round meeting with O'Sullivan. Liu made a decent rally from 9-3 to 9-6 but Williams got over the line with an overall scrappy performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭green123

zack01 wrote: »
    Looks like Ding is the latest sore loser this week, comments from his press conference include, ' The fans are rubbish' and 'The table is not right' !!

More to follow.....

I don't think there will be much more to follow.

If allen or williams had said this then there would be uproar but they will try to play it down because ding is Chinese

green123 wrote: »
    I don't think there will be much more to follow.

If allen or williams had said this then there would be uproar but they will try to play it down because ding is Chinese

I think you may have misunderstood me there, when i said 'more to follow' i meant i would post the text of his press interview, apologies but i never actually got around to doing it !!

Day seven at the Cruicble and here's the line up for today.

10am
    17 John Higgins v Stephen Hendry
    22 David Gilbert v Neil Robertson

2.30pm
    18 Joe Perry v Stephen Maguire
    23 Ryan Day v Cao Yupeng

7pm
    22* David Gilbert v Neil Robertson

* denotes to a finish

Match of the day is no doubt the all scottish clash between Higgins and Hendry, 11 world titles between these two really sums up what we have in store. Both may be struggling with form this season with only the odd glimpse on show but there is no doubt that they will be both up for this match. I have to fancy Higgins simply for the fact he can win even when not playing well, Hendry when he has struggled this season has simply been awful. Yes he made that magical max in his first round match but during the second session of that match he was really struggling. It's amazing to think that this will be there first ever meeting in the world championships.
    The other morning match is the scond session of Gilbert v Robertson, Robertson leads 5-3 and played great snooker from 3-1 down to lead overnight. Robertson will probably win this session 5-3 again and maintain his lead going into the final session.

2.30pm sees Perry v Maguire resume, their first session was a really high quality affair with three centuries and breaks over fifty in the other five frames. I fancy this session to be shared.
    Day v Yupeng begin their second round match, Day will still be on a high after knocking out Ding and his second Chinese opponent of the week will provide as big a test as Ding did. Yupeng played excellent to see off Allen and although both players are playing well i would have to fancy Day to prevail.

7pm sees Higgins and Hendry resume and Gilbert v Robertson play to a finish.

The second round is indeed well underway.

• Advertisement

Ah yes another day of watching snooker all day, you just can't beat it. The world championship is just brilliant with so many surprises.
    And while i'm waiting for it to begin I've just watched Thorburns 147, it gives me tingles every time. Up next Kirk Stevens 147

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

15 minutes until the clash of the scots. Looking forward to it, at work now but will have a stream running on the side ;) Come on Hendry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

Day seven at the Cruicble and here's the line up for today.

10am
    22 David Gilbert v Neil Robertson

2.30pm
    18 Joe Perry v Stephen Maguire
    23 Ryan Day v Cao Yupeng

7pm
    22* David Gilbert v Neil Robertson

* denotes to a finish

Match of the day is no doubt the all scottish clash between Higgins and Hendry, 11 world titles between these two really sums up what we have in store. Both may be struggling with form this season with only the odd glimpse on show but there is no doubt that they will be both up for this match. I have to fancy Higgins simply for the fact he can win even when not playing well, Hendry when he has struggled this season has simply been awful. Yes he made that magical max in his first round match but during the second session of that match he was really struggling. It's amazing to think that this will be there first ever meeting in the world championships.
    The other morning match is the scond session of Gilbert v Robertson, Robertson leads 5-3 and played great snooker from 3-1 down to lead overnight. Robertson will probably win this session 5-3 again and maintain his lead going into the final session.

2.30pm sees Perry v Maguire resume, their first session was a really high quality affair with three centuries and breaks over fifty in the other five frames. I fancy this session to be shared.
    Day v Yupeng begin their second round match, Day will still be on a high after knocking out Ding and his second Chinese opponent of the week will provide as big a test as Ding did. Yupeng played excellent to see off Allen and although both players are playing well i would have to fancy Day to prevail.

7pm sees Higgins and Hendry resume and Gilbert v Robertson play to a finish.

The second round is indeed well underway.

morning zack , 2-2 at the MSI against terminator (aka john higgins) when stephen wins this im going party like its 1999 !!!!!:D

morning zack , 2-2 at the MSI against terminator (aka john higgins) when stephen wins this im going party like its 1999 !!!!!:D

A scrappy opening but it's warming up nicely. Hendry really needs to stay with him, this might just go to a last frame decider tomorrow!
    Are your nerves up to that !!!

A scrappy opening but it's warming up nicely. Hendry really needs to stay with him, this might just go to a last frame decider tomorrow!
    Are your nerves up to that !!!

no chance and this is only round 2 :p. the gilbert and robbo game is shaping up nicely as well

5-3 to the wonderbairn against john bhoy :)

robbo taking control against dave gilbert to lead 9-5.

The high quality standard continues and after the morning sessions Hendry leads Higgins 5-3 and Robertson is closing in on a quater final slot leading Gilbert 10-6.

It seems to be the same old story with Joe Perry, nearly every frame today he's had a decent enough chance, now more so than the 13th frame when on a 52 break he misses a straight forward red into the middle and Maguire clears up with an 80. Currently 10-4 to Maguire, Perry needs the last two frames of the session to stand any chance.

The other match sees Day 4-2 ahead on Yupeng.

That's more like it from Perry, a ton to make it 10-5, needs to win this last frame.

• Advertisement

Really looking forward to this evenings matches.

Advertisement