Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Mark! wrote: »
    2 Bets for the games tonight;

Athletic Bilbao (-1.0) @ 6/4 
    Athletic Bilbao v Sporting Lisbon
    Match Handicap -1

Total stake €40.00
    Estimated return €100.00

And a double,

Valencia @ 5/2
    Valencia v Atletico Madrid
    To Qualify For Final

Athletic Bilbao @ 4/6
    Athletic Bilbao v Sporting Lisbon
    To Qualify For The Final

Total stake €10.00
    Estimated return €58.33

Really fancy Athletic at home tonight, Martinez back is a huge boost. Valencia with 2 away goals are not out of this tie, at 5/2 it's worth a shot.

Got my big one at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Decent enhanced treble available with Ladbrokes.

Bayern, Dortmund and Schalke all to win 3/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

rotten night. sickened I didn't just go with the atletico win instead of going for falcao anytime wincast - feck all odds were in it. llorente late goal was nice, but a bad, bad night

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

Decent enhanced treble available with Ladbrokes.

Bayern, Dortmund and Schalke all to win 3/1.
    dortmund away and have already won league.

bayern after a very long tough away game during the week playing stuttgart who are on fire lately.

I wouldn't touch that with stolen money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Formation wrote: »
    dortmund away and have already won league.

bayern after a very long tough away game during the week playing stuttgart who are on fire lately.

I wouldn't touch that with stolen money.

Didn't realise Dortmund has already won the league. Won't bother with it. Thanks for the heads up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Shane St. wrote: »
    Bilbao -1 for me 7/5. They need the win and they'll have Martinez back this time

wow 3 wins in a row (Chelsea to qualify, Bayern to qualify) not bad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

2 stand out bets in French Ligue 2 tomorrow:

Monaco (vs Clermont) @ 2.75 Monaco are the in form team at the moment, they're on a 5 game winning streak, they're the Reading of France, the odds are high cuz both teams are fighting for promotion but Monaco are in much better form atm.

Istres v Arles : draw @ 2.95 Arles have 4 draws in their last 5 games and Istres have 5 draws in their last 6 games

I like schalke. Might look at the asian markets.

wow 3 wins in a row (Chelsea to qualify, Bayern to qualify) not bad
    well done on the cl picks. Any tips for the euromillions tomorrow:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭Polar101

Polar101 wrote: »
    Over 3.5 goals in both Europa League games (two single bets). I think it was 3.05 in the Athletic game and 2.68 in the Valencia game. That more or less needs all teams to score, which doesn't look too bad.

Valencia forgot to score, but 1 out of 2 is good enough with these kind of odds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

going for 4 wins in a row :)
    Man City 6/5, going pretty big (all this weeks profit) City have all the momentum after Utd squandered their 8 point lead to just 3 going into this game. City have tevez and Aguero causing havoc and they seem to have their confidence back. Utd were all over the place against everton defensively. City are awesome at home all wins one draw (freak game when the pressure got to them). I just can't see them not winning it, which pains me to say as a Utd fan. Hopefully I'm wrong but I can't see it, at least the money will be of some comfort

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Just a quick note. I've not placed anything myself as of yet nor will I till later in the day.

Cordoba looks a good bet for later tonight. Both win and -1, maybe even -2 as well.

Cordoba win @ 2/5
    Cordoba -1 @ 13/10

From only look at the stats now, stand to be corrected re: injuries, etc but Drogheda @ 11/10 away to UCD looks good value to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

going for 4 wins in a row :)
    Man City 6/5, going pretty big (all this weeks profit) City have all the momentum after Utd squandered their 8 point lead to just 3 going into this game. City have tevez and Aguero causing havoc and they seem to have their confidence back. Utd were all over the place against everton defensively. City are awesome at home all wins one draw (freak game when the pressure got to them). I just can't see them not winning it, which pains me to say as a Utd fan. Hopefully I'm wrong but I can't see it, at least the money will be of some comfort

I am not going to tell you what to do with your money, but I would advise you to think very hard before you place that bet. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jackohearts

Hi Folks,
    Not having a great few weeks and would love some feedback on this bet I am thinking of for tomorrow

Treble of:
    Arsenal-1
    Newcastle-1
    Swansea

€20 pays out approx €500 :eek:

I know Arsenal are a bit shakey but they are only playing Stoke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Hi Folks,
    Not having a great few weeks and would love some feedback on this bet I am thinking of for tomorrow

Treble of:
    Arsenal-1 Away to Stoke? wouldnt be confident of -1
    Newcastle-1 Wigan are in form, again no confidence
    Swansea No problem with that selection :)

To expand, Arsenal tend to have trouble with Stoke. lost 3 of their last 4 games at The Britannia, it hasnt been the same fortress as usual this season, but I still wouldnt be doing that bet.

Wigan are fighting for their lives and have taken some big scalps recently, I would probably be more confident of them doing it then Arsenal but there are better bets

-Ade- wrote: »
    J

Toulouse are also missing a fair few players for the game against Montpeiller. I know a few like me have been stung by them in recent weeks but I'm gonna stick with them. I still expect Toulouse to be their typical boring, dull and defensive self so we might see Montpeiller have the grind this one to a a goal or two win. Might be worth chancing to 0-0 to cover yourself.

? They're not. Their only important missing is Didot but they managed to beat Lyon 3-0 without him.

Toulouse are pretty strong at home, even Lille and Marseille failed to win there, plus Montpellier were not convincing at all in their last game, Toulouse DNB might be worth chancing.

? They're not. Their only important missing is Didot but they managed to beat Lyon 3-0 without him.

Toulouse are pretty strong at home, even Lille and Marseille failed to win there, plus Montpellier were not convincing at all in their last game, Toulouse DNB might be worth chancing.
    Injuries & suspensions
    Toulouse v Montpellier HSC
    Toulouse: Aurier, Didot, Firmin, Vidal, Pelé
    Montpellier HSC: Tinhan, Marveaux

Hi Folks,

Treble of:
    Arsenal-1
    Newcastle-1
    Swansea

Q for you. Do you regularly bet trebles and/or accums? If not having a great time of it recently, consider some singles.

Oh and avoid Arsenal IMHO. Wigan are playing well. Swansea should be more than good against a terrible, and relegated Wolves side.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Q for you. Do you regularly bet trebles and/or accums? If not having a great time of it recently, consider some singles.

Oh and avoid Arsenal IMHO. Wigan are playing well. Swansea should be more than good against a terrible, and relegated Wolves side.

95% of my bets are singles around evens, its always a bit exciting to have a small bit of change on multiple bets too thou,

just my 2 cents

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

tips for me are Everton, Man City, Villa DNB, Spurs -1, Liverpool, Swansea. Good value on singles, Everton and City especially I think, but an accumulator 5 or 6 is worth a few quid, especially if you use William Hill Mobile, in which case your stake is refunded if one of your selections doesn't come through (minimum 5 selections required). Having fun with that

• Advertisement

95% of my bets are singles around evens, its always a bit exciting to have a small bit of change on multiple bets too thou,

just my 2 cents

Ditto, I'm a firm believer in single bets (or doubles at a push) being the way to go if you genuinely want to make something out of betting long term. Anyone who knows me, knows my views namely on accumulators. Sure the odd one is fun to do but doing it consistently, bets not winning, and then being puzzled afterwards does bemuse me a little I'm the first to admit. For most people, one accumulator win covers around the 10 losses (I'm being kind I feel) before it more often than not. Each to their own I suppose, and if accums are you're thing, power to those people. To me, profit is profit at the end of the day no matter the amount. If it's a big pay day, so be it, I just want a pay day :D

Evens is the mark I look for in a bet but I don't have a problem betting on a 1/2 odds in a single either depending on the teams I'm betting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Ditto, I'm a firm believer in single bets (or doubles at a push) being the way to go if you genuinely want to make something out of betting long term. Anyone who knows me, knows my views namely on accumulators. Sure the odd one is fun to do but doing it consistently, bets not winning, and then being puzzled afterwards does bemuse me a little I'm the first to admit. For most people, one accumulator win covers around the 10 losses (I'm being kind I feel) before it more often than not. Each to their own I suppose, and if accums are you're thing, power to those people. To me, profit is profit at the end of the day no matter the amount. If it's a big pay day, so be it, I just want a pay day :D

Evens is the mark I look for in a bet but I don't have a problem betting on a 1/2 odds in a single either depending on the teams I'm betting on.

Just to add a bit to that, for those that do persist on multiples, i'm amazed on the amount of bets that finished at the same time, how many multiples have you seen fail by 1 bet? loads. If i do multiples I try to make sure there events that at least stretch over a few days, this gives you a much greater chance of guaranteeing at least some profit if your bet makes it to the last selection or 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Might go for a nice treble or accum in over 1.5 in the LOI FD games tonight. Nailed on is the El Grande Classico and Limerick vs Waterford.

.Injuries & suspensions
    Toulouse v Montpellier HSC
    Toulouse: Aurier, Didot, Firmin, Vidal, Pelé

Apart from Didot, those players are not important at all, Pelé has been out for ages and Ahamada is a better GK anyway.

So my point is don't base your bet on the fact that Toulouse are "missing a fair few players"

@ TB, totally agree with you.
    Apart from Didot, those players are not important at all, Pelé has been out for ages and Ahamada is a better GK anyway.

So my point is don't base your bet on the fact that Toulouse are "missing a fair few players"

.. 2am in the morning, some quick research done before I hit the hay. I'm sorry it wasn't as conclusive research for the likes of yourself. I know about Ahamada being one of the better GK's in Ligue 1. Nothing I said was out of context, are they missing a few player players? Yes. If under 2.5 was better value, I'd have recommended it. But it's 4/7 or something measly like that, so I didn't.

If it's any consolation, for once I must have not checked home form and away form, afterall it was 2am and I was shattered. Toulouse DNB does look better value.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,880 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Any reason why the odds have drifted on rovers win?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Dundalk 2/1 to beat Bohs overpriced?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jackohearts

Thanks guys. My main reason for betting accums is the fact I only try to put on small amounts and land a big one. will take the advice on singles, maybe up the stake a bit and be happy just getting a return should they come in.

Best of luck for the weekend

Something interesting for Friday (a bit early I know)

Tom Tomsk v Amkar (Russian league)

Amkar are in pretty good form > http://www.soccerway.com/teams/russia/fk-amkar-perm/
    They lost a game 2 weeks ago BUT they were missing 2 of their regular defenders. They have a pretty good coach and Estonian midfielder Vassiljev (the guy who scored lots of goals in the Euro qualifiers and even scored in Ireland)

Now Tom Tomsk > http://www.soccerway.com/teams/russia/tom-tomsk/
    They won vs Nalchik who are even worse than them and beat Terek, that game was probably fixed if you ask me. But apart from that, they're in really bad form. They have almost no chance of avoiding relegation.

The last 2 games between these 2 teams finished 0-0. I watched the last game and it was snowing, the pitch was frozen and Amkar were quite unlucky not to score.

So...unless this game is fixed, these bets look very tempting:
    Amkar or draw @ 1.72 :)
    Amkar @ 3.70 :(
    Tomsk NOT to score @ 3.70 :)
    and Amkar to win to nil @ 5.25 :(

sorry for the long post :p

2/4 can't believe Amkar failed to score :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Dont often bet on the LOI but was told by a mate that Longford scored 4 the last day before the 25 min mark. So was looking at time of goal markets and have gone for time of first goal before the 31st min @ evens. Also have a few quid on Longford 2 or more goals @ evens.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement