Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The "Today I did something to my car" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Wired up the sub and amp today. The sub i bought in halfords was fecked, not a peep from it! Broke our feckin hearts for 2hours. Had to transfer the jl sub into the vibe box just for today, and im gonna return the sub with a big FU tomorrow. Gonna buy a twin enclosure now and just throw the 2 jl subs in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

Wired up the sub and amp today. The sub i bought in halfords was fecked, not a peep from it! Broke our feckin hearts for 2hours. Had to transfer the jl sub into the vibe box just for today, and im gonna return the sub with a big FU tomorrow. Gonna buy a twin enclosure now and just throw the 2 jl subs in

Are you going to put up pictures? or do I have to use my imagination? :p

the car is still in a mess. seats and panel bits missing. its like a track car atm! pics to come :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

the car is still in a mess. seats and panel bits missing. its like a track car atm! pics to come :)

That will do. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I've a reversing camera kicking around the house for the last 2 years, must get round to installing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Twin enclosure in an Astra?
    Make sure it is a match for those subs.
    Could be a tight fit.:P

gonna build a box myself tomorrow and get it over with :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

vectra wrote: »
    Twin enclosure in an Astra?
    Make sure it is a match for those subs.
    Could be a tight fit.:P

I had one, of the correct volume for the subs, in the boot of a corsa so it should be easy in an Astra.

justcruizinphotoshoot20604029.jpg

are you selling any of the enclosures as well ND? :)

Nah, they are long gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

In the middle of fitting the reversing camera. Just can't get motivated to stick at it with the wind and the rain.

no rain here on top of the airport hill for once :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

i like-a the shiny!

546374_10151568197085176_805400175_24156237_499694898_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Horrible weather down here in limerick,gotta go out and put the bungs into the exhaust,good bit of driving over the next few days to be done and the missus will only be complaining!

A couple of tricks I did with that install that might work for you.

Those sub boxes were attached to the back of the rear seat, not the floor, so to access the spare wheels/tools etc you just fold down the rear seat, which moves the subs out of the way, then the floor panel with the amps on it was hinged so it too opened. So no loss of spare wheel or need to disconnect/remove any of the sound system:cool:

Horrible weather down here in limerick,gotta go out and put the bungs into the exhaust,good bit of driving over the next few days to be done and the missus will only be complaining!

i would leave ya use the shed but the Triumph is back in and dry!

i like that idea of bolting it to the rear seats ND!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

i would leave ya use the shed but the Triumph is back in and dry!

2 minute job,ill have to get over it sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

i like that idea of bolting it to the rear seats ND!

Just screw it to the seats :D Something about 75mm long. So it wont show but if anyone hops in they will sure feel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I got my osram nightbreaker plus h7's delivered today. They won't be put in today though. Half tempted to get a micro fibre full of AG shampoo and rub it over the car :pac:, tis the only way she be getting a wash for the next few days :p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

And done! Was tough to get the new wires to go through the rubber trunking on the boot hinge, but plenty of lube (Thats what she said) got it through. Didn't quite fit into the boot handle either, so out with the dremel to modify both the handle and the camera. Impressed with it and the guide lines on screen, but it also gives a reverse signal to the navigation so it can know when you're doing a U turn and update the screen accordingly.

531360_10150855552153413_547383412_11811686_230360240_n.jpg

Will stick up a photo of the handle with the camera peeking out later on too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I had one, of the correct volume for the subs, in the boot of a corsa so it should be easy in an Astra.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w112/RPMotors/justcruizinphotoshoot20604029.jpg

I should have worded it better.
    It is not a matter of banging a box together with 2 holes for the subs. They to be matched in volume to sound right.

Nice kit there
    Did you make that yourself?

vectra wrote: »
    I should have worded it better.
    It is not a matter of banging a box together with 2 holes for the subs. They to be matched in volume to sound right.

Nice kit there
    Did you make that yourself?

That's what I meant too, those sub boxes where the correct volume for the subs.

Myself and a mate made it, that's about 8 years ago now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Collected it from CleanCar after Larry has spent some serious man hours correcting the paint - Washed, de-tarred, clayed, full three stage machine polish, sealed with a coat of Jetseal 109 and two coats of Pete's 53, tyres dressed, windows polished and wheels cleaned and waxed. I picked up a few extra bits & bobs from him as well to maintain it including some CG Speed Wipe as a drying aid and Gliptone liquid leather cleaner and conditioner.

Whilst Larry was finishing up, I removed the steering wheel trim and wrapped in textured carbon fiber vinyl, as the original plastic was starting to look a bit worse for wear ...

IMG_3185.jpg

I'll get some shots of the car over the weekend once the carbon CSL boot is fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    Collected it from CleanCar after Larry has spent some serious man hours correcting the paint - Washed, de-tarred, clayed, full three stage machine polish, sealed with a coat of Jetseal 109 and two coats of Pete's 53, tyres dressed, windows polished and wheels cleaned and waxed. I picked up a few extra bits & bobs from him as well to maintain it including some CG Speed Wipe as a drying aid and Gliptone liquid leather cleaner and conditioner.

Whilst Larry was finishing up, I removed the steering wheel trim and wrapped in textured carbon fiber vinyl, as the original plastic was starting to look a bit worse for wear ...

I'll get some shots of the car over the weekend once the carbon CSL boot is fitted.

Would you mind me asking how much it cost for the paint correction? The Alfa 159 could use it badly. PM if you wish. :)

The drivers side of the car is looking much nicer in daylight that the passenger side. Looks lke that's gonna get a going over too.

up at half 8 to study...not. up at half 8 to go to builders providers. big sheet of MDF for 19e... and its now a fully sealed dual sub box. silicone is just drying in the shed cant wait to try it out! also got the interior back as it should, i have rear seats and a glovebox again!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

up at half 8 to study...not. up at half 8 to go to builders providers. big sheet of MDF for 19e... and its now a fully sealed dual sub box. silicone is just drying in the shed cant wait to try it out! also got the interior back as it should, i have rear seats and a glovebox again!

Pics when you get the chance lad :D

577722_10151573661620176_805400175_24172587_1778002376_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That leather cleaner smells lovely. Must do mine again

(just to clarify I can't smell the picture)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement