Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC off topic '12

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

Yeah, we have to do German , also the core subjects. Is anyone thinking of doing applied maths.?
    yep, i want to but i cant really do 2 subjects outside school cos my school doesnt do ap maths either -__-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

Did housekeeping like a boss today - I wish I could've stayed back a year, the 3rd years are so much nicer than the TYs! :(
    Got to try all the dishes but now I'm a little queasy :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭KirkCheated09

Yeah, we have to do German , also the core subjects. Is anyone thinking of doing applied maths.?

I might. See I wanna do Accounting french business and geography and economics outside school. But my Guidance counsellor said I might not get both business.. in which case I'll get physics. If I get physics then I might do it outside school instead of economics. My cousin got an A2 in applied maths and he did outside school.. so I'm sure he could help me :)

SChique00 wrote: »
    Did housekeeping like a boss today - I wish I could've stayed back a year, the 3rd years are so much nicer than the TYs! :(
    Got to try all the dishes but now I'm a little queasy :/

Third years are awesome :P .. haha well I know I would hate to be in any other year than my own in my school.. my year imo is the best :P

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

I'm going to do it but i'm not sure if 9 subjects is a bit much

• Advertisement

Third years are awesome :P .. haha well I know I would hate to be in any other year than my own in my school.. my year imo is the best :P
    The third years in my school are awesome too.. guess 4th years are just a **** year XD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

If they're all at HL then I think that would be a bit much

3rd years and 6th years are some of the nicest peeps in the whole school - I don't like my year much and I'm one of the youngest TYs, so I feel more comfortable talking to the 3rd years, if I'm honest :rolleyes:

3rd years and 6th years are some of the nicest peeps in the whole school - I don't like my year much and I'm one of the youngest TYs, so I feel more comfortable talking to the 3rd years, if I'm honest :rolleyes:

same! :P

paddyzk wrote: »
    If they're all at HL then I think that would be a bit much

Way too much! Personally I wouldn't be doing more than 8, and if I keep all my subjects then I'll be doing a couple at OL :L

• Advertisement

Most people only do 8 or 9 if they do like 2 ol subjects so they can compensate for them.
    Indiego wrote: »
    same! :P
    Well ya's are welcome here anytime :D .. not that I could do much to stop you otherwise :P :P
    Way too much! Personally I wouldn't be doing more than 8, and if I keep all my subjects then I'll be doing a couple at OL :L
    Did you do any ol for JC?

Most people only do 8 or 9 if they do like 2 ol subjects so they can compensate for them.

Well ya's are welcome here anytime :D .. not that I could do much to stop you otherwise :P :P

Well now I feel like I shouldnt be here :( :L

Well now I feel like I shouldnt be here :( :L

This thread wouldn't be here without you :P

Nah, ye won't be getting rid of us, right Leia? :P
    Nope - all HL like the boss I am ;) but HL Maths was torture :'(

This thread wouldn't be here without you :P
    Yes it would :P It would just have 821 less posts :P

Nah, ye won't be getting rid of us, right Leia? :P
    Nope - all HL like the boss I am ;) but HL Maths was torture :'(

I'm doing all HL too... but Irish is my kryptonite :/

Ew Irish *shudders*
    But I dunno why I'm complaining, I've only been going to two classes a week for the past 2 months xD

Ew Irish *shudders*
    But I dunno why I'm complaining, I've only been going to two classes a week for the past 2 months xD

One class everyday :L ... Despite me hating the subject (I'm talking joker to batman hate now!) I wish we got more homework in it. I mean we're a JC year.. 11/16 failed the mocks <-disgraceful! .. and we don't get homework? .. where's the logic in that :L :O

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Nawh, If your committed and organised, you'll be sorted! :D I want to do Nine but Ive plenty of time to decide yet! :D

What About 2nd Years? 3rd Years in my school are really arrogant.. :L The TYs in my school are just lovely! :D

Im doing all HL... And I Dont really find any overly hard, just Woodwork -- The Bain Of My Existence! :D

One class everyday :L ... Despite me hating the subject (I'm talking joker to batman hate now!) I wish we got more homework in it. I mean we're a JC year.. 11/16 failed the mocks <-disgraceful! .. and we don't get homework? .. where's the logic in that :L :O
    Ick, A class everyday, we've only four English & Irish classes a week.. :L

• Advertisement

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Nawh, If your committed and organised, you'll be sorted! :D I want to do Nine but Ive plenty of time to decide yet! :D

What About 2nd Years? 3rd Years in my school are really arrogant.. :L The TYs in my school are just lovely! :D

Im doing all HL... And I Dont really find any overly hard, just Woodwork -- The Bain Of My Existence! :D

Woodwork is siiiiiiiiiiiiiiimples. We've done like maybe 30 woodwork theory classes from 1st year to 3rd year and I managed to pull off 68% in my mock without even looking at the woodwork book let alone studying it :P .. so with some study I should be sorted. Plus the woodwork exam is the exact same every year!

Woodwork is siiiiiiiiiiiiiiimples. We've done like maybe 30 woodwork theory classes from 1st year to 3rd year and I managed to pull off 68% in my mock without even looking at the woodwork book let alone studying it :P .. so with some study I should be sorted. Plus the woodwork exam is the exact same every year!
    Maybe... -.- But still My Teachers A Twat! D:

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

I was thinking about putting some money on this to win Eurovision.

I know it's an absolutely dire song but it seems like something they would be into.

You may be right.

I beg to differ, Nathan - even for the brightest of boffins 9 subjects is a tall orderm and you run the risk of spreading yourself too thinly to do well :pac:

Haha well maybe the 2nd years in your school are sound but the ones in my school are pure WEIRD (and not the good kinda weird :rolleyes:)

I agree, Technology was a pain for me last year and it all depends on what sort of teacher you have :p

I beg to differ, Nathan - even for the brightest of boffins 9 subjects is a tall orderm and you run the risk of spreading yourself too thinly to do well :pac:

Haha well maybe the 2nd years in your school are sound but the ones in my school are pure WEIRD (and not the good kinda weird :rolleyes:)

I agree, Technology was a pain for me last year and it all depends on what sort of teacher you have :p
    Personally, I find that if you keep organised and make sure to work consistently (also, that doesn't mean giving up your social life, theres ways around everything) throughout the years. Also, Ive a slight advantage with a 3 Year Leaving Certificate Course. But I'm open to be proven wrong, Sarah.. :)

Haha, Serious? Maybe I'm a tad biased though.. :L

Oh, he's an awful teacher, but such a nice man! :P He's soo funny but come theory or even practical work he ain't great.. :L If you ask him a question 95%of the time he'll walk away half way through your answer :P THANK HEAVENS TO BID!! Theres new Woodwork teacher (who's young -- Rare :L) and I get on great with him and he said he'd help me with my project anyway he can next year.. :) So Sorted!! :D

Personally, I find that if you keep organised and make sure to work consistently (also, that doesn't mean giving up your social life, theres ways around everything) throughout the years. Also, Ive a slight advantage with a 3 Year Leaving Certificate Course. But I'm open to be proven wrong, Sarah.. :)

Haha, Serious? Maybe I'm a tad biased though.. :L

Oh, he's an awful teacher, but such a nice man! :P He's soo funny but come theory or even practical work he ain't great.. :L If you ask him a question 95%of the time he'll walk away half way through your answer :P THANK HEAVENS TO BID!! Theres new Woodwork teacher (who's young -- Rare :L) and I get on great with him and he said he'd help me with my project anyway he can next year.. :) So Sorted!! :D

;)

paddyzk wrote: »
    ;)
    Oh Patrick :rolleyes: :L

41 days till the big JC, getting nervous lads? :P

• Advertisement

41 days till the big JC, getting nervous lads? :P

Yes.Why is my brain trying to convince me that I'm going to get a B in maths ? Why is he telling that I don't know any geography? :(

Advertisement