Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

'.... I could talk for an eternity if I was only certain that no judgement is going to be passed. That you aren't going to declare me insane. But because I am uncertain of the outcome I feel trapped and feel like I'm insane within me. From the moment I put my head on the pillow knowing I have to sleep there is so much I would like to explain to you. What I tell you and what I'm really thinking are two very different conversations.....'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Random minor rant...a Virgin plane made an emergency landing in Gatwick earlier on today due to a suspected fire on board and the plane was evacuated on the runway...
    Tom Alridge said one of the cabin crew panicked upon landing.

"She was screaming - 'Get off, get off' - she was literally pushing people down the chute," he said.
    Tom Alridge is a bit of an idiot, I think he missed the whole point of emergency landings and evacuations. You don't wait around at the exit and be told "please, go down the chute sir" right after you're done moseying your way up the aisle. With a possible fire on board, opening the doors and leaving in air could cause a sudden surge in the fire - no time to waste.

Giving good cabin crew stick they don't deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

So, according to Family guy, I'm a liberal.

Go me?!?

So... I'm sitting on the train listening to my music. Watching the lush green fields that cover the landscape to my left. I have the roar of the train full with commuters bound for the big shmoke on my right and i have my favourite radio station playing within me. And im thinking to myself, 'Im home sick'. 6 months ive being living in Dublin and in all that time it has never crossed my mind till now. You see the problem phases me is that i don't know where home is! :(

Living in London for 4 years from birth has its impact. In those years your learning about everything. Your first words are there, your first steps are there. and the inner child still lives there. I came to Ireland and i've spent so long here i love the place where i live but i feel something is still missing. Once i leave that area all love is gone i just becomes a piece of land on this Island. But then you get to Dublin and well as small as it is its quiet nice. Walking around the streets brings back flashbacks and strangely a smile appears on my white coloured face. But its still not home.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Do any of ye know if Vicar Street are strict on admission to over 18 gigs?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

M&S* wrote: »
    Do any of ye know if Vicar Street are strict on admission to over 18 gigs?
    I don't know about vicar st but I went to the academy once and they wouldn't let anyone in without ID. My friend didn't get in even though he was over 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

flyswatter wrote: »
    I don't know about vicar st but I went to the academy once and they wouldn't let anyone in without ID. My friend didn't get in even though he was over 18.

Thanks, just really want to see Explosions in the Sky and it's 3 days before I'm 18. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

M&S* wrote: »
    Thanks, just really want to see Explosions in the Sky and it's 3 days before I'm 18. :(
    Edit: No giving advice about getting into places when your underage

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭TheRealSquishy

This is the best quote I have ever seen!

"suggesting a parallel between the Green Knight’s head and the foreskin of Christ"

:confused::confused::confused:

Because the knight was decapitated on new years day which was when Jesus was circumcised. The knight picked back up his head and put it back on, does that mean Jesus re-grew a new foreskin? Brightened up my all nighter anyway :D

I love English!

Is that what there teaching in English these day ha ha.
    I woke and read that on my side. Mind boggled it was easier go back to sleep :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

What a strange few weeks, I seem to gone into self-destructive mode. Ah sure fêck it, few naggins and be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Dad took me for a driving lesson and there were people in a car doing "it", he didn't notice thankfully, would have been extremely awkward if he did!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Dad took me for a driving lesson and there were people in the car doing "it", he didn't notice thankfully, would have been extremely awkward if he did!

^ This is how I read your post.

[You have my full concentration] (you said one word out of place) ((Goes back to music for sanity)):pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Jhcx wrote: »
    [You have my full concentration] (you said one word out of place) ((Goes back to music for sanity)):pac:

Yeahhh but it changed the entire location of the people having sexy time :P I know it's stupid but when I looked at it first I was like "wait, what the..?!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

My procrastination meant I went to the gym today rather than work on my femminism essay...thats a new one for me.

And my mam got a new food mixture and keeps making apple tarts but I dont like them and she wants me to try each one!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

My procrastination meant I went to the gym today rather than work on my femminism essay...thats a new one for me.

And my mam got a new food mixture and keeps making apple tarts but I dont like them and she wants me to try each one!

Send them here

Send them here

We dont do let overs in my house,everyone eats like a piggy.

Though I'm excited to try cooking with this fancy new mixer in the summer:o

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

Have to find something to wear for a christening.. I haven't been to one in a few years have no idea what to wear and I'm stressed already.

We dont do let overs in my house,everyone eats like a piggy.

Though I'm excited to try cooking with this fancy new mixer in the summer:o

But I want tart and im too lazy to bake atm!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Have to find something to wear for a christening.. I haven't been to one in a few years have no idea what to wear and I'm stressed already.

Little white dress, be grand.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

In other fashion-related news, I'm wearing one of my dad's old jumpers to keep warm.

I think it's time to buy myself some new tops...

Strangely enough this is how i've always imagined my life to be. :D(It's much more entertaining on tape, the video that is.) I must apologize if the start of the video might not agree with boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Something in the ARGH thread got me thinking, I've seen a lot of people on here talking about how much they love their college friends and how they don't like going back home. Personally I've always been much closer to my friends from home, I've only ever lived with people from home who also go/went to Waterford and I doubt I'll ever move in with any of the people I met since I moved up here. I have good friends in college and all, but we just don't relate on the same level as I do with the lads from home. No idea why but it's always been that way.

What about ye? Am I the only one that stayed/got closer to friends from secondary school rather than college?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Well I have college next year and I'm hoping I won't have to resort to always hanging around with my old friends, even though they're the ones I'm closest to! Then again I'm in Dublin so it's bound to be very cliquey in UCD or TCD.

Aoifey! wrote: »
    Something in the ARGH thread got me thinking, I've seen a lot of people on here talking about how much they love their college friends and how they don't like going back home. Personally I've always been much closer to my friends from home, I've only ever lived with people from home who also go/went to Waterford and I doubt I'll ever move in with any of the people I met since I moved up here. I have good friends in college and all, but we just don't relate on the same level as I do with the lads from home. No idea why but it's always been that way.

What about ye? Am I the only one that stayed/got closer to friends from secondary school rather than college?

Im in the same boat as yourself. Never quiet made the same connections to the people in college as i done in secondary school. I see those in Dublin as Acquaintances and social friends. but the laughs are far stronger at home :pac:

Does anyone else find themselves more likely to talk about their problems on this than on facebook and the like?

I know I'm more likely to let people know how I feel on this...though I'm not sure why.I guess its because most people don't know who I am.

Does anyone else find themselves more likely to talk about their problems on this than on facebook and the like?

I know I'm more likely to let people know how I feel on this...though I'm not sure why.I guess its because most people don't know who I am.

Its more fun here. More impartial opinions and in the end more people telling you what the real story is instead of your friends telling you what you want to hear.

Plus a long post is better then a piss irritating long status update :pac:

Its more fun here. More impartial opinions and in the end more people telling you what the real story is instead of your friends telling you what you want to hear.

Plus a long post is better then a piss irritating long status update :pac:

Yeah true,just I find when I get upset or whatever Im more likely to turn to the internet,thats probably not a healthy sign.

Yeah I couldnt be one of those people who share their life with facebook though they are very entertaining.

• Advertisement

Ya i would post half a life story here rather than Bookface because this is the only place my family aren't

Advertisement