Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Read back through this thread (and the previous one! ... including the tags) and tell me that I'm the one with the obsession ... :P :D

Sigh, you've corrupted our young innocent minds like Claudius polluted Denmark. You bad apple!! :P

(Would love it if Randy the bad apple became a tag...) :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Isn't the username enough proof? :pac:
    Tell that to she who re-named me ... :P
    Togepi wrote: »
    (Would love it if Randy the bad apple became a tag...) :D
    0_o

I'm blaming you for that you know!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

0_o

But I can see who actually did it! :eek:

Wise move considering I'd probably start whining if I didn't get the blame. :pac:

Edit: Oh my god someone actually made the tag that quick, mwahaha that's epic! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

Pottermore peeps :) add me FangCat16265 :)

I'm JinxNiffler64 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Eathrin wrote: »
    I have nothing, this is when I'm at my worst, I need to be assigned work if I'm going to do anything.
    Tradesies?
    Never, I'm the exact same and need the work.. But that's not the point! :P
    hotfuzz2 wrote: »
    Guys how long did yous spend on the sraith pictuirs in the Irish oral? I timed myself and I took 6 mins..is that too long?
    The guy told us on the morning to spend 4-5 minutes including the questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Does anyone know in terms of drawing dot and cross diagrams, how do I know which are lone pairs or not? :S

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Ghostsnidget 36, add me!

I've had it since the beta stage and just went on there. Interesting to see that the numbers have evened up. At the start Ravenclaw had a lot more members, but now it has the least...?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Doing a question about the consumer protection act 2007 provisions with reference to the roles of NCA. Are thr provisions
    NCA
    Consumer protection
    Unfair commercial practices
    Price control or regulations

Or just the consumer protection about advertisements?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭leavingcert.

Doing a question about the consumer protection act 2007 provisions with reference to the roles of NCA. Are thr provisions
    NCA
    Consumer protection
    Unfair commercial practices
    Price control or regulations

Or just the consumer protection about advertisements?

yup, sets up the NCA, no misleading ads, price fixing measures so that consumers arent ripped off, and pricing regulations eg. some price tags have to include all taxes and charges

• Advertisement

Pottermore won't let me into Gringotts. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Old skool!! \o/

:D

Jaysus, now they have another excuse to compare the lengths of their wands! >.<

Open up your great hall and let me slytherin... ;)

Had 3 mock orals today, 201/240, 208/240 & 206/240 :D Get in!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Edco are so sneaky, any solutions in their maths exam papers are literally just taken from the SEC site because funnily, they don't have 1999 and neither does the examinations site. :rolleyes:

If anyone good at maths would like to shed some light on HL 1999/2000 Q8 parts b and c that would be seriously appreciated. I'm lost. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24 orangesoranges

Hey any one wanna give me few ideas on art HL lino prints????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Edco are so sneaky, any solutions in their maths exam papers are literally just taken from the SEC site because funnily, they don't have 1999 and neither does the examinations site. :rolleyes:

If anyone good at maths would like to shed some light on HL 1999/2000 Q8 parts b and c that would be seriously appreciated. I'm lost. :(

You better absolutely love me for this! :P
    Solutions

I LOVE YOU WIFEY!! :D :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Well at least I know I got those questions right, I was gonna upload my own solutions for you patchy :L

Ahaha you must be a genius :P It might actually be no harm if you dont mind...I still havent got a clue whats going on in them, especially the one from 2000 part C. :o

Do you reckon paper 1 for maths will be easier this year since the last two years have been hard?

and with project Maths they might want to higher the pass rate to show show that the project maths was a good idea.

Do you reckon paper 1 for maths will be easier this year since the last two years have been hard?

and with project Maths they might want to higher the pass rate to show show that the project maths was a good idea.

I'm pretty much relying on all of that happening to pass. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Patchy is it part 1 or 2 you're stuck on? I'll assume both :P

(i) Ok here you're just basically trying to get 2 squares on the bottom. So, if you could have 1,4,9 etc. But if you use 1, then you have 4 left over. And if you have 4 left over then you're left with a quadratic that is (x-2)^2. Now, you can use the tan formula (it's in the log tables) to integrate! Then just sub in the limits and off you go :)

(ii) Firstly find where they intersect, using sim. equations, i.e. let them equal, and get two points. Ok now the total area of the box is equal to the area under the shaded region + shaded region... therefore if you get their areas by integration, and the area of the box by length by height, you'll get an equation. Now, just use your algebra skills to solve the equation in terms of k and voila you'll get k^3 =16!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I've been on pottermore since the beta stage...Stayed up 26 hours to get on XD I'm HazelBlood110

Wesc. wrote: »
    Patchy is it part 1 or 2 you're stuck on? I'll assume both :P

(i) Ok here you're just basically trying to get 2 squares on the bottom. So, if you could have 1,4,9 etc. But if you use 1, then you have 4 left over. And if you have 4 left over then you're left with a quadratic that is (x-2)^2. Now, you can use the tan formula (it's in the log tables) to integrate! Then just sub in the limits and off you go :)

(ii) Firstly find where they intersect, using sim. equations, i.e. let them equal, and get two points. Ok now the total area of the box is equal to the area under the shaded region + shaded region... therefore if you get their areas by integration, and the area of the box by length by height, you'll get an equation. Now, just use your algebra skills to solve the equation in terms of k and voila you'll get k^3 =16!
    Mostly part 2 but part 1 isnt very nice either :P Ah, I see! I wondered where the 1 came from, thought it was the x^2 coefficient, derp :o

Now, (ii)...I get the first bit now with the letting them equal :D The solution doesnt seem to get points though, it just ends up with +/- root k. Whats up with that? :o
    And the (4)(4) comes from the y=4 and the x ranging from -2 to 2, right? :) I had no idea how the area was being found!

But after that, around where it says "Area under curve from a to b", it stops making sense altogether :o I'm a lost cause :P
    Thank you for trying though :D :P

Edit: It makes a bit more sense now! :cool: *not stupid* :P
    Read down a bit further and fried my brain though :L

Togepi wrote: »
    I'm pretty much relying on all of that happening to pass. :o

Me too I'll freak out if it's extremely hard I just need a c3 . I think I'll get that as long as they don't make it too hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

2010 was actually one of the easiest ones. The algebra was so easy, it only took ten minutes. Looking over the papers the even years seem to be more doable then the odds. Hopefully that will make it an easier paper this year.

Got me an elder wand. Phoenix feather. Fourteen and a half inches. Absolute tank! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭diarmo06

Kind of dreading the comparitive section.
    Is it fair to say, it's the same question every year? Basically- Discuss in regards to lit' genre/ general visionviewpoint etc.
    Thus, Is it high risk to learn off two "perfect" comparitives in two modes?

Thanks.

Completed Pottermore :). Now just need to earn points lol.

Looks like I'm a Ravenclaw.

I'm on -5 house points though. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

Am i the only one disappointed with it? I dunno what I was expecting, but it's just a bit boring and awkward to use.......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement