Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Y'all waiting for your emails, mine took 12 hours... It's fantastic though! Still only book 1 but totally worth the loooonnng wait I think :)

Happy Birthday McChubbin!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

McChubbin wrote: »
    WHAT?! Pottermore is finally out of beta mode?! About bloody time!
    In other news: It's my birthday today. Give me cake. :D

Happy Birthday McChubbin! :)

PinkHeels88 Glad to see you back. Best of luck with the promotion! We need to see pictures of the puppy!! :D

I am just home from dinner out with the family to celebrate my Grandad's 86th birthday which is tomorrow. It was really lovely to get together with everyone. And we saw Tommy Tiernan getting take out from the restaurant we were at!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Wow, I go away for a few days and you guys have gone on for another 40 pages!

Just back from Belfast and Titanic Weekend. Was amazing! The exhibition is fantastic! I even found out that us Titanic nerds have a name - Titanoraks!

I'm going tomorrow and I can't wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Just finished watching Titanic [the movie]

Jack & Rose <3

Have always had a fascination with the ship and the stories around it, and the whole film makes me cry from the moment the band start playing 'Nearer my God to thee' the tissues have to come out! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

mariebeth wrote: »

Jack & Rose <3

Have always had a fascination with the ship and the stories around it, and the whole film makes me cry from the moment the band start playing 'Nearer my God to thee' the tissues have to come out! :o

Watched A Night To Remember today, so much better than that Hollywood money machine crap movie!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Need to stop eating crap :(

EmilyO wrote: »
    Need to stop eating crap :(

Same! My mam put a bag of mini eggs in front of me and I can't bring myself to stop eating them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

The OH has signed up for Pottermore too. Anyone else feel embarrasingly nerdy clicking that they've read all the books/seen all the films?
    Also all my name options sounded like stripper names :/
    I want to find out my house!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

What do you do on this pottermore?

Is it a harry potter type of online game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

tomissex wrote: »
    Same! My mam put a bag of mini eggs in front of me and I can't bring myself to stop eating them!

Oh god, I'd eat myself into a coma if I could. I really need to learn be more disciplined, especially when it somes to bread and chocolate :o

It's just kinda getting me down, I've gained weight lately and I hate it :(
    (sorry if this isn't the place for this post, it's just what's making me sad lately).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

bubblefett wrote: »
    The OH has signed up for Pottermore too. Anyone else feel embarrasingly nerdy clicking that they've read all the books/seen all the films?
    Also all my name options sounded like stripper names :/
    I want to find out my house!

We both just signed up! Not embarrassed at all that I read and saw all of them, quite proud! Boyfriend hasn't read ANY of them, just watched the movies, tut tut!

My name is awesome so it is :p

Mumble mumble.

Orla K wrote: »
    What do you do on this pottermore?

Is it a harry potter type of online game?

Yeah sort of. You explore the books and get loads of new info. You get sorted and there's stuff to do to get house points as well.
    Acoshla wrote: »
    We both just signed up! Not embarrassed at all that I read and saw all of them, quite proud! Boyfriend hasn't read ANY of them, just watched the movies, tut tut!

My name is awesome so it is :p

Not embarrassed either :D

I love my name!

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

I've really messed up this time! Absolutely ruined a good thing I had going! All because of my stupid insecurities! I just don't know what to do! Crying for the last two hours on end haven't helped! It's not even Monday and I just know this is going to be the worst week of my life! Ever! I'm such a jack ass! I think I actually have a self destruct button and like to hit it when things begin to go right for me just so I have something to mope about! I cannot thing of any other explanation for my actions today! I'm a pr*ck! End of!

And that's what made me sad today!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    I'm going tomorrow and I can't wait!!

It's AMAZING!
    mariebeth wrote: »

Jack & Rose <3

Watched A Night To Remember today, so much better than that Hollywood money machine crap movie!

I love the film, but only because of the love it gave me for the ship itself! I can still remember being 6/7 and being so fascinated by the film! But, as I have said before, why make up stupid unrealistic love stories when the real stories are so much better?! I just don't get it. And it's why I've been searching fro ages to get a copy of A Night to Remember because I know that that really is the proper true story!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

LostGirly wrote: »
    I've really messed up this time! Absolutely ruined a good thing I had going! All because of my stupid insecurities! I just don't know what to do! Crying for the last two hours on end haven't helped! It's not even Monday and I just know this is going to be the worst week of my life! Ever! I'm such a jack ass! I think I actually have a self destruct button and like to hit it when things begin to go right for me just so I have something to mope about! I cannot thing of any other explanation for my actions today! I'm a pr*ck! End of!

What happened LostGirly ??? I'm sure things are not as bad as you think

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

woah what's wrong LG?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

LostGirly wrote: »

Ah what happened? PM is there if you need, hope all is okay x

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Mens why must they be so frustrating? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

It's AMAZING!

I love the film, but only because of the love it gave me for the ship itself! I can still remember being 6/7 and being so fascinated by the film! But, as I have said before, why make up stupid unrealistic love stories when the real stories are so much better?! I just don't get it. And it's why I've been searching fro ages to get a copy of A Night to Remember because I know that that really is the proper true story!

cough

epic-fail-photos-failbook-a-dozen-people-who-had-no-idea-titanic-was-a-real-ship.jpg

the hell are kids learning in school these days?

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    cough

epic-fail-photos-failbook-a-dozen-people-who-had-no-idea-titanic-was-a-real-ship.jpg

Seen it. Am extremely unimpressed. Twitter really seems to bring out the stupidity of the kids of today!

LostGirly I only saw your post now, I hope you're ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I wouldnt mind seeing Titanic in the cinema again but not in 3D, its a gimmick, the movie is flawed, Billy Zane is one of the worst villains ever, he just needs a moustache to twiddle with all his evilness, and the Oirish dancing is cringeworthy but its still a spectacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

krudler wrote: »
    cough

That makes me sad!

+1 on the real story! I want the real horrific story to come out, one of the survivors wrote a book about their experience.. can you believe that the lower classes got locked in below while the ship was sinking so the rich people 1st class people were saved first.

Women and children first...pfffft! :rolleyes: More like rich people first and then whoever escapes the prisons below :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Vinta81 wrote: »
    I popped into the supermarket on my way home from shopping for 7up and Doritos :o and omg I really do despise self check outs. "Unexpected item in the bagging area" :mad::mad: urgh cnut I hate her that voice person inside the machine :pac: I nearly screamed cnut at it just a while ago instead i just told her to **** off much to teh amusment or shock of the guy behind me :(:o

Oh dont worry! I've shouted at her, told her not to interrupt me, not to rush me and that I'd take me items when I was ready!!

THUNDERING BITCH

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

That makes me sad!

+1 on the real story! I want the real horrific story to come out, one of the survivors wrote a book about their experience.. can you believe that the lower classes got locked in below while the ship was sinking so the rich people 1st class people were saved first.

Women and children first...pfffft! :rolleyes: More like rich people first and then whoever escapes the prisons below :mad:

Except that that wasn't totally true.... at all...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

ellieh1 wrote: »
    Just signed up to Pottermore, waiting for my confirmation email........ *drums fingers on the keyboard* :p
    I've just joined Pottermore now. Eeek!
    I seen that too today, on BBC2. Thought it was really good. Fair play to them for the special effects, considering it was 1958.

Hope you're okay LostGirly. xxxxx

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

More men from 3rd class were saved as from 2nd iirc. I posted the other day in a thread with the survivor stats broken down, cant link from this thing but its interesting to see

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

+1 on the real story! I want the real horrific story to come out..
    OMG! Titanic is like, sumthing wat actually happened? Is it not just a movie?! :eek:
    :rolleyes:

I still find it unreal that they were so convinced the ship was 'unsinkable' that there weren't enough lifeboats left for around 1,000 people. Baffling!

I only just learned about the SS Californian today. Could they seriously have saved the passengers?! That is unreal. They must have felt pretty bad afterwards if that is the case. :mad:

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    I still find it unreal that they were so convinced the ship was 'unsinkable' that there weren't enough lifeboats for around 1,000 people. Baffling!
    I only just learned about the SS Californian today. Could they seriously have saved the passengers?! That is unreal. They must have felt pretty bad afterwards if that is the case. :mad:

Titanic was never called unsinkable by it's owners/builders/etc. That was a name given to it after the sinking.

The reason they didn't have more lifeboats was because basically they didn't legally need anymore (people still do similar today remember!) and didn't expect the ship to sink so soon and for it to happen so quickly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement