Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Stolen 'Get Fresh' Van! Please keep an eye out!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Man of Aran

Any upDATES on this incident?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

There's some amount of rampscallions out there. I'd say it was parsley stolen as an easy target. Maybe the Garda can check on pulse?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Don't approach the driver if you see the van. He is supposed to have a-salted the peanuts in the back of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Vanderbilt

Lots of wisecracks here.

On what basis, is this vehicle being nicked any less of a matter than the BMW 3 series from the other recent thread.

After all this most definitely a company/commercial vehicle, employment generator.

Chap got hammered there for attempting to be similarly light hearted.

I do think its good to be light-hearted after these events occur, but just smacks of double standards and the OTT reaction in the other thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Vanderbilt wrote: »
    Lots of wisecracks here.

On what basis, is this vehicle being nicked any less of a matter than the BMW 3 series from the other recent thread.

After all this most definitely a company/commercial vehicle, employment generator.

Chap got hammered there for attempting to be similarly light hearted.

I do think its good to be light-hearted after these events occur, but just smacks of double standards and the OTT reaction in the other thread...

Because the attempt at humour in the BMW thread was crap?

• Advertisement

ottostreet wrote: »
    Because the attempt at humour in the BMW thread was crap?

Nah, I don't think that excuse cuts it. Plenty of crap attempts at jokes in this thread as well, but there isn't a similar backlash.

Second thoughts, this isnt going to go anywhere and I dont give enough of a shít.

I withdraw.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Second thoughts, this isnt going to go anywhere and I dont give enough of a shít.

I withdraw.

Even the original poster was accepting of the wise cracks. Deep breaths:)

The BMW thread comment was in extremely poor taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Nah, I don't think that excuse cuts it. Plenty of crap attempts at jokes in this thread as well, but there isn't a similar backlash.

Possibly some people care more about a 335 than a veg van? Just maybe though! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭wba88

The van has been recovered. Thanks for the help and the puns ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭breadmonster

so where did it turnip?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

so where did it turnip?

In an allotment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

At the fruit market maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

at the cherry orchird :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭deandean

Happy for the driver tht it turned up. Hope the cabbages that robbed it get their just desserts.

Lettuce know where it was found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

I hope a lot of the people who post in this thread never come on here posting about a stolen vehicle

Pile of shyte thread when someone asked for help

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

johnos1984 wrote: »
    I hope a lot of the people who post in this thread never come on here posting about a stolen vehicle

oh stop moaning

johnos1984 wrote: »

oh stop moaning
    Seriously your talking about someone's vehicle and job and all people do is make crap pun jokes about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Possibly some people care more about a 335 than a veg van? Just maybe though! :pac:

I hope that comment was in jest as if not, it just creates the view that this forum is only interested in the people who have certain types of cars.

The van owner lost his direct means of making a living, the BMW driver lost his pride and joy no doubt, but it will cost him very little, if anything.

The van owner lost his direct means of make a living, the BMW driver lost his pride and joy no doubt, but it will cost him very little, if anything.
    very true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Now in fairness, I don't think anybody would be less observant to the van just because of the humour. In actuality people are probably more aware of the van than the 335

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

antodeco wrote: »
    Now in fairness, I don't think anybody would be less observant to the van just because of the humour. In actuality people are probably more aware of the van than the 335
    I've just re-read both threads, and the difference in attitudes is astounding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

Anan1 wrote: »
    I've just re-read both threads, and the difference in attitudes is astounding.

I have to agree. Its a reason why Boards is the ONLY site I now use regurarly but this thread and the BMW thread have not been the nicest to compare. But if this keeps up I'll be using this site less and less.

The silver lining is that all the puns etc kept the thread on the first page, it ensured the thread and pic of the van got views. Better that than the thread disappearing to page 2 or 3 or beyond imo.

I did find the puns a huge tad OTT but no harm done really and the OP didn't seem to mind which is the main thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

I don't think the difference in attitudes towards the two stolen vehicles is that marked. Yes this thread was full of crappy puns, but the humour was in way nasty, malevolent or malicious. The attempt at humour with the pic of the burning car in the BMW thread was just crap and nasty, as it was intended to give the OP a shock on inital glance.

If there had been the same brand of innocent humour in the BMW thread, I don't think the 'double standard' would have come into play, as most people would see it for the harmless light heartedness that was intended.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭deandean

Well, probably like a lot of posters I was keeping my eyes peeled (aaagh) open for a Fresh van in recent days because of this thread. And a red 335.

ottostreet wrote: »
    I don't think the difference in attitudes towards the two stolen vehicles is that marked. Yes this thread was full of crappy puns, but the humour was in way nasty, malevolent or malicious. The attempt at humour with the pic of the burning car in the BMW thread was just crap and nasty, as it was intended to give the OP a shock on inital glance.
    I simply can't agree with that. If I could see immediately that it wasn't an E92 in the pic then i'm sure the owner, who saw their car every day, could too. I'm not saying that the burning Ferrari pic was funny, or that the vegetable puns weren't - i'm just saying that the double standards here are so in-your-face as to be impossible to deny.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Anan1 wrote: »
    I simply can't agree with that. If I could see immediately that it wasn't an E92 in the pic then i'm sure the owner, who saw their car every day, could too. I'm not saying that the burning Ferrari pic was funny, or that the vegetable puns weren't - i'm just saying that the double standards here are so in-your-face as to be impossible to deny.

It wont make either vehicle less noticeable. Just like the ryanair school of advertising. There is a reason why they get so much attention.

If i was the OP id prefer it to be a discussion point. (which it is) than not.

Double standards mean nothing.

The van is back too of course :)

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »
    Double standards mean nothing.
    I don't follow?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement