Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Coupon Chat Only]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

My nearest tesco have informed me that they will no longer be taking pigsback coupons, no reason other than the manager said so.
    Some days I have 3 or 4 coupons, but that day I had one coupon for odlumns oats and had to wait 10 mins for the guy to ok it, even after I said its not from pigs back. I waited there feeling like a criminal and told them so, terrible customer service.
    Back to Supervalu and Dunnes I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Cheers for that mymo.
    Backs up my experience a number of months ago and repeated some weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

mymo wrote: »
    My nearest tesco have informed me that they will no longer be taking pigsback coupons, no reason other than the manager said so.
    Some days I have 3 or 4 coupons, but that day I had one coupon for odlumns oats and had to wait 10 mins for the guy to ok it, even after I said its not from pigs back. I waited there feeling like a criminal and told them so, terrible customer service.

which tesco branch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭gremha

Call Tesco head office & give the details. Company policy states they accept them

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Any update to the identidy of this tesco branch?

• Advertisement

Folks - just so you are aware Irish Pride have been in touch with mgmt in boards.ie in relation to the attaching of their coupons in our forum. The mods have had to take the Irish Pride thread for now. Lets see what materialises.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

donnacha wrote: »
    Folks - just so you are aware Irish Pride have been in touch with mgmt in boards.ie in relation to the attaching of their coupons in our forum. The mods have had to take the Irish Pride thread for now. Lets see what materialises.

It looks like they have been taken down from bubblegum also. ah well I liked their floury baps (used my last voucher for them yesterday) :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

gazzaman22 wrote: »

Any update to the identidy of this tesco branch?
    must be a secret.
    am going shopping today with my folder of coupons ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭mrswalton

No problem with my pigsback in Tesco last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Just a thought, Maybe we should start an in store coupon thread to alert each other of coupons available in supermarkets and other stores? If ya'll think its a good idea ill start one up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 dublinboris

Just got bouquet (€17 originally) of Mothers day flowers reduced ..... wait for it ..... 85 cent happy mothers day to me.!!!!! (Tescos)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Thats awesome there are always great bargains to be had in the reduced flowers section in tesco :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Brainfood.ie sent me a booklet of recipes with a free tin of mackerel and 4.20 worth of money off coupons for John West

• Registered Users Posts: 18 monastill

me too:D

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

Here is a link to an interesting article on Irish couponing from the retail angle.
    http://www.shelflife.ie/article.aspx?id=2839

all gone a bit quiet in here... any new coupons around ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Anyone hear yer man on Tubs this morning from www.bubblegum.ie ?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

flutegirl wrote: »

Yes, I heard some of it. Unfortunately I arrived at work and didn't hear the end of it, but I was glad he mentioned that the big 4 stores need to educate their staff about accepting coupons.
    I thought the amusing thing about him was that he gave the impression he had invented the coupon culture in Ireland! He didn't give any credit to anyone other sites or to us good people here at Boards.
    Still, it's all good publicity to get more folks interested. :D

flutegirl wrote: »

Heard it too. its on their facebook that they're on Tom Dunne this morning and there's a piece in the daily mail about him too. Fair fecks to them, they're getting around.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

Yet how ironic that the same week that the bubblegum guy is promoting coupons on various radio stations and convincing people that the 4 big stores welcome them that Supervalu have stopped taking pigsback coupons.

1 step forward..2 steps back.

• Advertisement

I see that there was a coupon refused in Tesco because of "Problems".

I really hope that this isn't the start of a policy & is just a "rogue" manager. I believe that all the ones on here who advocated the type of coupon fraud as they put on here should now begin to fear this - you know who you are.

People who bought multiples of tens of products fraudulently should be ashamed of themselves, they've managed to start a backlash & ruin it for everyone. Typically They'll probably think or post, "nothing to do with me" or "I'll look after myself", well that's the problem, it is to do with you & now that you're killing it, you won't be able to look after yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

pity the bubblegum guy wouldnt spend more time working on getting more coupons and offers instead of trying to get onto every radio programme trying to makeout he negociated the coupons and offers he got from this forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

gremha wrote: »
    I see that there was a coupon refused in Tesco because of "Problems".

I really hope that this isn't the start of a policy & is just a "rogue" manager. I believe that all the ones on here who advocated the type of coupon fraud as they put on here should now begin to fear this - you know who you are.

People who bought multiples of tens of products fraudulently should be ashamed of themselves, they've managed to start a backlash & ruin it for everyone. Typically They'll probably think or post, "nothing to do with me" or "I'll look after myself", well that's the problem, it is to do with you & now that you're killing it, you won't be able to look after yourselves.

Did you need to waste your time typing this????

We've had this before. This topic has been done to death. This is a coupon chat thread NOT a name and shame.......

Frowzy wrote: »
    Did you need to waste your time typing this????

We've had this before. This topic has been done to death. This is a coupon chat thread NOT a name and shame.......

I didn't consider it a waste of time, I enjoy couponing, I don't want it to sep because some choose to defraud the system. I also didn't ask for a name & shame but if you're feeling some, it's only natural.

You're coming across as a touch defensive there Frowzy. Did I touch a nerve ?

Back to the chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭brian_t

I didn't consider it a waste of time, I enjoy couponing, I don't want it to sep because some choose to defraud the system. I also didn't ask for a name & shame but if you're feeling some, it's only natural.

You're coming across as a touch defensive there Frowzy. Did I touch a nerve ?

I agree with the sentiments of gremha but I think the term coupon fraud is a bit strong for what is extreme couponing.
    In all my time of following the coupon thread - deliberate coupon fraud has only ever been advocated once.
    Frowzy wrote:
    Only thing I'm saying is that if you're using 60 odd coupons who's going to notice one or two extra eek.gif

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74948375#post74948375

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74977097

brian_t wrote: »
    I agree with the sentiments of gremha but I think the term coupon fraud is a bit strong for what is extreme couponing.
    In all my time of following the coupon thread - deliberate coupon fraud has only ever been advocated once.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74948375#post74948375

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74977097

What's your point Brian? That I've done extreme couponing? Yes I have! You can't blame me for supervalu not taking coupons anymore because there isn't a Supervalu near me...

Yes I combined the today FM coupon with the pigsback one to get free washing liquid. No one was defrauded. Tesco got their money and I've been teaching my local store manager how to coupon. She has no problem with coupons, or me using them. Why should you?

This is a couponing forum, if you don't agree with couponing there's other forums to troll!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭brian_t

Frowzy wrote:
    Only thing I'm saying is that if you're using 60 odd coupons who's going to notice one or two extra
    Frowzy wrote: »
    What's your point Brian?

On the basis that there is no problem with using a coupon for each product that you buy. How exactly do you define the "one or two extra" that won't be noticed if you are using a large number of coupons.

Only my opinion of course, but I'd bet it's shared with others on here & I can guarantee that it's shared by the companies concerned.

I just looked at the two posts linked above & it's definitely coupon fraud.

"Yes I combined the today FM coupon with the pigsback one to get free washing liquid. No one was defrauded." You defrauded the company issuing the coupons so that in (at least) one case you obtained goods which should have had a charge. That's fraud/theft - you pick which one.

In other examples you used a coupon to obtain a different product in the range (pizza) because it (the other one) was on special offer resulting in a lower price paid, I think that's classified as deception (fraud).

You also admit to "4 different hotmail email addresses that I use for limited coupons". They specify clearly one per customer, not one per email address. Deception again.

And in yet another post, you put: "Believe me, if I told you some of the strokes I pull by combining store offers and coupons there would be a petition to have me banned" So you know & admit to your ongoing deceptions.

OK so you're not in the same league as Seanie Fitz or Bertie, but you're still intentionally deceiving someone (in this case the companies concerned) & benefiting (profiting) from the results. There,s no grey area here, it could be tens or tens of thousands of Euro, it's all fraud.

OMG! When you put it like that I still don't give a sh1te. I've gone back through Brian's posts and I don't agree with his views on abusing Tesco's double the difference policy, but to each their own.

I can't be bothered reading your posts, too boring, accusing and rude (((YAWN)))

In case you're wondering, I did in fact ignore your first post berating my character because I don't have to explain myself to you :-P

• Advertisement

Only my opinion of course, but I'd bet it's shared with others on here & I can guarantee that it's shared by the companies concerned.

I just looked at the two posts linked above & it's definitely coupon fraud.

"Yes I combined the today FM coupon with the pigsback one to get free washing liquid. No one was defrauded." You defrauded the company issuing the coupons so that in (at least) one case you obtained goods which should have had a charge. That's fraud/theft - you pick which one.

In other examples you used a coupon to obtain a different product in the range (pizza) because it (the other one) was on special offer resulting in a lower price paid, I think that's classified as deception (fraud).

You also admit to "4 different hotmail email addresses that I use for limited coupons". They specify clearly one per customer, not one per email address. Deception again.

And in yet another post, you put: "Believe me, if I told you some of the strokes I pull by combining store offers and coupons there would be a petition to have me banned" So you know & admit to your ongoing deceptions.

OK so you're not in the same league as Seanie Fitz or Bertie, but you're still intentionally deceiving someone (in this case the companies concerned) & benefiting (profiting) from the results. There,s no grey area here, it could be tens or tens of thousands of Euro, it's all fraud.

Would you ever give it a rest with the character assassinations and your assumptions that others here share your opinions. In my opinion, which I don't assume is shared with others, your contributions to the couponing sub-forum are mostly negative. Your post on the 1st April about tesco refusing ei9go's pigsback coupon is a great example of where you got it wrong and started blaming users here for someone being refused a coupon.

We are supposed to be here to help one another - look at rungirls response on that thread as a new member - a real positive contribution which you even thanked yourself.

Advertisement