Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

A spider has made some sort of nest in my bathroom, and as of this morning there are dozens of teeny tiny spider babies dancing around on my bathroom ceiling. Arg!

I should point out that Mammy Spider was small enough to begin with and the babies are only pinpricks at this stage... but like I said, there are dozens of them! Do I get some heavy duty spray chemicals and commit a spider genocide?

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

In 2 hours I'll be at home and able to sleep...I accidentally took a 2 hour long break though as I was so deeply asleep. I didn't know where I was when I woke up and nearly fell off the sofa cos I was all tangled up in a sheet (fyi hospital issue sheets are apparently boiled in pure ammonia- my eyes are actually watering with the fumes off that thing! Poor patients)

Cramps eased off around 2am, the relief is amazing! I'm also doing a 24hr fast thanks to bubblefett reminding me I'd meant to start. I had a big lunch at 2pm yesterday and haven't had anything apart from green tea and water since. I'll sleep till around 2 when I get home and then have breakfast. It's surprising how much of "hunger" is habit and anticipation- I noticed massive peaks in hunger around the times I'd normally have a snack but they disappeared once I knew food wasn't an option, whereas normally I'd just obsess until I ate something. My stomach feels great- I normally have almost constant crampy IBS symptoms- so the idea of giving my digestion a break once in a while is clearly a good one!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Susie_Q wrote: »
    A spider has made some sort of nest in my bathroom, and as of this morning there are dozens of teeny tiny spider babies dancing around on my bathroom ceiling. Arg!
    I should point out that Mammy Spider was small enough to begin with and the babies are only pinpricks at this stage... but like I said, there are dozens of them! Do I get some heavy duty spray chemicals and commit a spider genocide?

Get your hoover out :cool:

Sadly I don't own a hoover - no carpeting here! Think I may have to undertake a spider genocide later with some heavy duty chemicals. Nice to have something to look forward to after work... bah!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Once again I didn't get to sleep until around 3am. Then I had a bad dream that my road was flooded. (this happened before really, so it's one of my recurring bad dreams) Then I woke up at 6am for no apparent reason.
    And I'm doing a 12 hour shift at work today. Happy times ahead. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I am having seriously bad nightmares lately. Last 3 nights now have been awful. I'm also freezing at night now... ahhh !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Well that was the best meeting ever yesterday! Got told we're getting a salary increase for this year (tiny, but still!), a bonus for last year and we get to finish an hour early on Fridays from now on :D

Then, myself, my boss, two of the directors and a couple of others got a lock-in in the pub with the band. Singing, smoking and drinking til about 3am this morning. My boss just arrived and he's still pished, ha ha!

Oh, and I have a date tonight :)

Everything's coming up Millhouse!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Novella wrote: »
    I'm going to Kettlebell bootcamp in the morning. Bootcamp always scares me since the time my boobs popped out of my bra during jumping jacks. :o

Whats the difference between kettlebell bootcamp and boot camp :confused:

Now my boobs have shrunk i dont have that problem i do however wear a support vest and it would be very hard for them to pop out.... I hate the plank i did it last night for the fist time ever i did it with weights (ouchie) its hard enough doing it without weights....

Im a little sore after kickboxing lasy night but nothing too bad, I am just out of bed though had a lie in now the kids are off school, sun is shining:) but its cold:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

The wind outside it crazy strong. Think it's going to blow down the apartment! :o Feck it I'll put the heating on and make some hot chocolate for me and the little lady. Duvet and Movie Day!!! :D

Lola92 wrote: »
    The wind outside it crazy strong. Think it's going to blow down the apartment! :o Feck it I'll put the heating on and make some hot chocolate for me and the little lady. Duvet and Movie Day!!! :D

Sounds good, think i might do the same.... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

That sounds so good, I'm so jealous! It's not too windy here at the mo, it was very windy last night. We've big trees out the back of the house and they stop it being very bad around the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Acoshla wrote: »
    That sounds so good, I'm so jealous! It's not too windy here at the mo, it was very windy last night. We've big trees out the back of the house and they stop it being very bad around the house.

Our apartment is out on its own at the end of a row on top of an entrance to my OH work so we get the wind almost the whole way round here! We're facing onto a fairly busy road too so no trees or anything for protection. Oh and we're just beside the estuary too so get the sea breeze. I do honestly think we could get blown away sometimes lol. That is the brilliant thing about houses though, you can get so much shelter from a few mature trees!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Your supposed to take it on a full tummy, my husband gets a bad tummy from too much difene (for gout) .

I know, yeah, but even when I do, it still upsets my stomach :/

Took me an hour to get out of bed and dress myself, think it's time to see a doctor :/

Our apartment is out on its own at the end of a row on top of an entrance to my OH work so we get the wind almost the whole way round here! We're facing onto a fairly busy road too so no trees or anything for protection. Oh and we're just beside the estuary too so get the sea breeze. I do honestly think we could get blown away sometimes lol. That is the brilliant thing about houses though, you can get so much shelter from a few mature trees!

The trees are at the very back end of the garden, but luckily wind doesn't often come in from the front or sides of the house, there's houses either side. We live on a busy road too, cars fly up and down it considering it's not a big road, so more often we hear the whish of cars or boy racer engines than wind!

I have a girl coming to me tomorrow for work experience, eep, will have to pretend I'm a hardworking grown up for the day...

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    I know, yeah, but even when I do, it still upsets my stomach :/

Took me an hour to get out of bed and dress myself, think it's time to see a doctor :/

Good luck at the docs.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Good luck at the docs.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Oh dear, Bulmers followed by vodka followed by more Bulmers was a disaster waiting to happen :(

Also, my fake tan now looks like Ronseal. I'm such a babe :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Ugh, so theyre offering voluntary redundancy to people here but not our department, id take that in a heartbeat

Yikes! Do you hate your job, K?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Work makes me :mad:

It's times like this that unemployment seems really appealing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

krudler wrote: »
    boxes: Disneyworld for cats

My sister used to put the kitten in big paper bags and carry him round in it, he loved it! Used to try to punch/claw his way through it though.

Yes. Yes you do. Ugh. *shudders*

Lovely lovely night out last night with my class, really weird to think we're almost finished and going to go our separate ways, but nice to have that last hurrah. :)

You clearly haven't seen some of krudler's posts on the topic :p:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Kill them all Susie Q!!! Spider demons.

My new plotter arrived!!! :D:D:D:D New toy=happy bubblefett!!
    Now I can do tshirts quicker, easier and in more detail. Can also do wall decals and car/window stickers :)

New toy new toy new toy new toy wheeeeeeeeeee!!!

Nipped out to the supermarket at lunch and bought a giant can of heavy-duty chemical spray. Going to tackle the spider babies when I get home - the thought of it makes me want to stay late in work! Oh, the joys of living alone :)

Will try to take some pics of the spider babies before they get nuked!

Despise it, i know being unemployed sucks for people but i plan on leaving the country later in the year anyway, resundancy would give me thr money i need to so that and get me out of a soul destroying job

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Nutella on toast again. :D

I need to have a shower. I think I'll do that now. Then watch some episodes of The Mentalist. :)

Edit: Just saw Nickelback's new video for Lullaby.. Chad Kroeger looks odd with short hair..

krudler wrote: »
    Despise it, i know being unemployed sucks for people but i plan on leaving the country later in the year anyway, resundancy would give me thr money i need to so that and get me out of a soul destroying job

You going to Canada?

Acoshla wrote: »
    You going to Canada?

Thats the plan, im moving house this weekend so i wont be crippled with rent and can start saving money again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I like spiders; never, ever kill them. I just leave 'em be, unless they're in the bath and I want to use them, in which case I just scoop them up and put them on the windowsill :)

• Advertisement

Honey-ec wrote: »
    I like spiders; never, ever kill them. I just leave 'em be, unless they're in the bath and I want to use them, in which case I just scoop them up and put them on the windowsill :)

I dont mind them either, the only time one ever freaked me out was this huuuge one that I HEARD scuttling along my bedroom wall, thats how big it was , that ****er took a shoe to the face.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement