Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

denby (james Martin) 12 piece set
    http://www.denby.co.uk/james-martin-...nvt/053041958/

Down from 92.50 to 28

Got last one on shelf in Navan.
    It scanned wrong, was being given a refund of the difference until I asked the girl what is Tesco's policy on incorrect scanning goods.
    Thanks to the Bargain alert thread for educating me.
    I am one happy camper.

wow, did you get a refund of €126?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Douglas, Cork.
    z5zly.jpg

Guys, the pic above says I need a Gold Account to view it. What is that and how do you go about getting one. Plus what is the benefit? Surely not just to see attached pics in a post for registered members.

Also got this when I got nosey and clicked the image place holder

Error!

We're sorry, due to underwhelming demand, there has been an error in our payment processing system, please try again later.

Just had my first cup of tea, bit more awake now........ I see the date! Nice one :-)

[note from Paddy: insert proper error handling here - Dav to supply text for this, he's probably too busy looking at the yacht catalogue with Tom to bother]

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

What is today's date?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

disable javascript to view pic's,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭uli84

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    wow, did you get a refund of €126?

feelin sorry for whomever made a mistake in the store. I bet they have some sort of penalties for THIS sort of mistakes that cost them 100. Usually in such extreme cases i am happy enough with them correcting themselves as the product usually is a great bargain already and it just doesn't feel right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

I can't believe there's people who take advantage of those sort of mistakes to make a profit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I can't believe there's people who take advantage of those sort of mistakes to make a profit

Yea I know, poor Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

poisonated wrote: »
    Yea I know, poor Tesco

And now we just wait for the backlash!!!! :rolleyes:

et101 wrote: »
    poisonated wrote: »
    Yea I know, poor Tesco

And now we just wait for the backlash!!!! :rolleyes:
    No backlash...

Just that people think its ok to technically steal just because it a big business.

Would you do the same if it was your local corner shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

No backlash...

Just that people think its ok to technically steal just because it a big business.

1. The local corner shop didn't make 3.8 Billion (sterling) in profit last year.

2. Who said that all of the bargain alerts on here are mistakes? Many are genuine price reductions.

3. The local corner shop only sells milk, bread and the newspaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭brian_t

To refund double the difference if you have been overcharged on an item is Tescos own stated policy.
    It is not "technically" stealing to accept it.
    It would be technically stupid not to.

I don't think that any corner shops have this policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

The Fool wrote: »
    Tesco Kilbarrack**

**Must be the worst run tesco in Ireland
    I take it you've not been to the Stillorgan one then

Or Ballymun

loremolis wrote: »
    No backlash...

1. The local corner shop didn't make 3.8 Billion (sterling) in profit last year.

2. Who said that all of the bargain alerts on here are mistakes? Many are genuine price reductions.

3. The local corner shop only sells milk, bread and the newspaper.

It is highly unlikely that a corner shop would make such a stupid mistake with their pricing!

I can't count the number of times i have had to go to customer services for overcharging in Tesco. its rare that i get under charged.

I decided to take my repeat prescription to Tesco. Normally the monthly cost would be just over €49. In Tesco it was €43. The only difference was that one of the meds was a generic brand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Medicine333

I really don't think it's fair saying that this man was effectively 'stealing' from Tesco, and I also reject comments along the lines of 'If I was in your position, I would be happy enough just paying'.

This is Tesco policy. It's legit. If you have a problem, take it up with them.

Anybody who says that they would have done differently in that situation, is all talk. You know full well what you'd do.

There is a permeation of jealousy that creeps into situations like this that is most irritating. Maybe one day you'll be fortunate enough to obtain money like this legitimately from Tesco etc.

It will be interesting to see your opinion on the matter then.

He was, he spotted the fact the product was overscannning compared to advertised price, waited for transaction to complete then went to the customer service desk and got a refund making a profit.

he could have notified the staff memeber at the checkout who could have manually adjusted the price and paid the correct amount.

He was, he spotted the fact the product was overscannning compared to advertised price, waited for transaction to complete then went to the customer service desk and got a refund making a profit.

he could have notified the staff memeber at the checkout who could have manually adjusted the price and paid the correct amount.

Can you post up evidence of these facts? I read his previous post, but maybe I'm missing something.....

Can you post up evidence of these facts? I read his previous post, but maybe I'm missing something.....
    Got last one on shelf in Navan.
    It scanned wrong, was being given a refund of the difference until I asked the girl what is Tesco's policy on incorrect scanning goods.
    Thanks to the Bargain alert thread for educating me.
    I am one happy camper.

the difference wasn't enough, he wanted double, clearly stating he learnt the same from this thread getting a refund of circa €120

the difference wasn't enough, he wanted double, clearly stating he learnt the same from this thread getting a refund of circa €120

Yes, but had his products not already scanned through, and he was merely pointing out that he was owed double the difference? I think he would need to clarify that before we come to the conclusion that what he did was wrong.

No, you cant claim double the difference until the tranaction is complete (paid), i also don't think they will do it at the till, i think they can only do it at the customer service desk.

if he had pointed it out when scanned the operator could have had a manual price change done at the till but for the double difference policy you need a receipt to confirm price is wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Lads,

Make a new thread in Consumer Issues to discuss this further.

No more of it here!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Logitech C110 Webcam in Tesco Clonmel. Can't say for sure, but I think it was €29.99, reduced to a tenner, now reduced to €6.00. There were 3 left when I bought one today.

Marked €15.00 in Tesco Athlone. Scanning at €1.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Just a regular rather than incorrectly priced bargain.

3 8x500ml Guinness cans packs for €24 i.e. €1 a pop if it were a slab.

Available until May 1st.

This is not correct either. A couple of weeks ago I spotted that I was overcharged for wine while at the checkout. I said it to the staff member and they told me to finish the transaction and then go to customer services as she could not fix it at the till. I went to customer services where they refunded me double the overcharge. I was happy and they did not care either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Not sure how much of a bargain it is but Tesco Carlow have 6x500ml cans of tennants for a fiver

Cheap few beers to have watching the match last night

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Alcohol is a bargain in general but if my memory serves me correctly, that isn't a huge drop in price for Tennant's. Their own brand stuff is great value though, it's blue label I think.

This is not correct either. A couple of weeks ago I spotted that I was overcharged for wine while at the checkout. I said it to the staff member and they told me to finish the transaction and then go to customer services as she could not fix it at the till. I went to customer services where they refunded me double the overcharge. I was happy and they did not care either way.
    they told you that because they couldnt be bothered to get a manager over or didnt know it can be done

they told you that because they couldnt be bothered to get a manager over or didnt know it can be done

I doubt that as it was 9:30pm and no one else was in the queue behind me at the time. She came to customer services with me after she checked that I was correct on the price. Definitely no laziness on behalf of the checkout person.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭hairyairyfairy

i get refund of twice the difference the other morning at the till, as it was a 24 hour store and no customer service open at 8.00am, the girl on the till was most helpful even with more people behind me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭EmatoelDiablo

Tesco Wexford - Logitech Ultra-Flat Keyboards €3.
    RRP is around €30, so I bought six! images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSR2SBwLY6mduMvAC-WmHJzBqQhluUZ3EOjFomTO2Lu3D8B9zNt6pNtTUMt

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement