Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

alastair wrote: »
    That'll be another vote for taking wages away from teachers during school holidays then?

Actually no. Just give them the same working hours, wages, conditions and holidays as the rest of us and I'd be quite happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

Hmm:
    I did a U-turn on that one, following our government's example.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Freddie59 wrote: »
    Maybe you should get a job as a clairvoyant.:rolleyes:

To join the one who can expound on the MILLION who are protesting against the tax by refusing to pay?

Actually no. Just give them the same working hours, wages, conditions and holidays as the rest of us and I'd be quite happy.

You have the same working hours, wages, conditions and holidays as me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

You have the same working hours, wages, conditions and holidays as me?

Answer my question there, post 24.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Il change it back if ye wish.

Good God don't! I've got over the shock ;)

gerryo777 wrote: »
    Answer my question there, post 24.

That's an entirely subjective statement. You could ask that of someone you believe to be fully embedded in a culture of entitlement, and they'd probably agree with you. Everyone loves apple pie, and hates waste. You need to define specifics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

There is no such thing as an 'ordinary' public sector worker. The preferential treatment afforded them is quite extraordinary and borders on the discriminations towards the rest of us - who are expected to pick up the tab for their gravy train.

How have you come to this conclusion? How many PS workers do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Maybe you should get a job as a clairvoyant.:rolleyes:
    In this economy?

hondasam wrote: »
    How have you come to this conclusion? How many PS workers do you know?

He's very familair with gravy train drivers. He reckons they should be privatised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Went out for a bit and only back now. Couldn't find yis at all and thought Hulk Hogan gave in and cancelled the whole thing !!
    Bit early maybe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Just back from my meal and shopping.

I was told by another member on the other thread that Im a FF man.

In the election before last years election,I voted for FF,as did most of the country.

Last year I voted for FG as I actually believed the (now total bullsh1t) prommises that Enda Kenny was making and that FG were pedaling.

Now,the reason why I have not bothered to pay up is that I have been lied to over and over again by Enda Kenny.

So while he and his ministers all get pay hikes,give their advisors 37K salary increases,give bank directors bigger salaries and blow wads of tax payers money on laundry bills,expensive nights out and port tunnel trips at peak hour,the rest of the country is told to shut up,buck down and do the decent thing and accept these austerity measures....even thoughs ITS NOT OUR FAULT (remember the address to the nation speech).

And then,ontop of all that,these ministers are actually exempt for the household charge too (if its true what I was told this afternoon by a chef).

Sorry but....NO FCUKING WAY will I bow down and pay this 100 euro charge when the goverment laughs in the Irish peoples faces and keeps on telling lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

paddy147 wrote: »

In the election before last years election,I voted for FF,as did most of the country.

Last year I voted for FG as I actually believed the prommises that Enda Kenny was makning and that FG were pedaling.

Now,the reason why I have not bothered to pay up is that I have been lied to over and over again by Enda Kenny.

So while he and his ministers all get pay hikes,give their advisors 37K salary increases,give bank directors bigger salaries and blow wads of tax payers money on laundry bills,expensive nights out and port tunnel trips at peak hour,the rest of the country is told to shut up,buck down and do the decent thing and accept these austerity measures....even thoughs ITS NOT OUR FAULT (remember the address to the nation speech).

Sorry but....NO FCUKING WAY will I bow down and pay this 100 euro charge when the goverment laughs in the Irish peoples faces and keeps on telling lies.

First of all was it sirloin or t bone?

Second, did u spend all of the €100

third, still rte talk about the 700k plus that have paid, not the 900k that have not

And, NO, I wont pay it, its immoral and wrong. Now we hear that teachers have been sharing a 500m windfall every year for the last 5 years, what other c rap is in the croke park agreement. the public service needs to be sorted, no way am I paying for somehting i already paid for and no way am i paying another €100 for 8 concil men (on average) to stand around and look into an empty hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭emo72

Last year I voted for FG as I actually believed the prommises that Enda Kenny was makning and that FG were pedaling.

paddy, i didnt vote FG/FF in the last election. if we want real change we need to keep that shower out. labour and the greens not much better.

all i can say is well done to the mainstream parties for chasing the electorate into the arms of the likes of sinn fein. its true, theres nearly no one worth voting for. whatever you do Paddy dont go back to to FF!

First of all was it sirloin or t bone?

Second, did u spend all of the €100

third, still rte talk about the 700k plus that have paid, not the 900k that have not

Sirloin.

All 100 euro spent (meal and some bits and bobs for me and for the house)

Yep,RTE isnt biased,is it???:rolleyes:

Kenny hasnt got the balls to go TV3 as he knows that they would tear him a new ar5ehole.:D

Last year I voted for FG as I actually believed the (now total bullsh1t) prommises that Enda Kenny was making and that FG were pedaling.

And then,ontop of all that,these ministers are actually exempt for the household charge too (if its true what I was told this afternoon by a chef).

Firstly - Ministers (and TD's in general) are not exempt - unless they happen to live in one of the designated unfinished estates.

Secondly - most of us did not vote for FF back then. 41.6% of those who voted, voted FF.

Thirdly - it pretty much is your fault if you voted those jokers in. Their cosy arrangements with the property industry and greater corruption wasn't exactly a secret, was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Did the no campaign succeed in getting the charge scrapped after haven't seen the news today!!!

Firstly - Ministers (and TD's in general) are not exempt - unless they happen to live in one of the designated unfinished estates.

Secondly - most of us did not vote for FF back then.

Thirdly - it pretty much is your fault if you voted those jokers in. Their cosy arrangements with the property industry and greater corruption wasn't exactly a secret, was it?

So is it my fault then that I actually believed what FG were prommising,voted for Enda Kenny and FG,but they have told nothing but lies since day 1.

Its my fault for that then too????:rolleyes:

But didnt Enda tell me,via my TV,that it wasnt my fault for the mess???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Roverek

There is no such thing as an 'ordinary' public sector worker. The preferential treatment afforded them is quite extraordinary and borders on the discriminations towards the rest of us - who are expected to pick up the tab for their gravy train.

And I know social worker, she gets 50000 a year working from 9-4pm. Sorry she is at work from 9-4pm. She is working 3 h daily the most with 2 months holidays. She helps poor families. She thought Chlid Benefit was 140 a week, just to mention one of her believes. PS are overpaid ignorants employed by Mr Nepotism living in the LooLoo land.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

emo72 wrote: »
    paddy, i didnt vote FG/FF in the last election. if we want real change we need to keep that shower out. labour and the greens not much better.

all i can say is well done to the mainstream parties for chasing the electorate into the arms of the likes of sinn fein. its true, theres nearly no one worth voting for. whatever you do Paddy dont go back to to FF!

Politics is all a game, the most important thing in fine gaels mind tonight is to celebrate that they are in government, slapping each other on the back about how they won back power, drinking champagne and wine, telling phil hogan what a clever fella he is on winning them the election and how the plebs refusing to pay his social charge are just sinn fein activists, (all 900,000 of them) plus then in front of the cameras throwing around rhetoric about saving the country and how they inherited the problem and that they have no choice etc etc.

All fine gael care about is power, they lied to get power and now they continue to lie while in power. this is still about civil war politics and at present the blueshirts are on top. to them, that is all that matters, they have no plan of their own, we are being run by europe. we have clueless people in charge, who have not got a clue how to solve our issues and who have no concept of what the ordinary joe soap goes through every day.

• Advertisement

Minister Alan Shatter will need to build that new jail fairly soon now too,seen as hes going to have to jail me and any more people for non payment and non complience.:D

Now I wonder will it be maximum security or walk in-walk out???

So is it my fault then that I actually believed what FG were prommising,voted for Enda Kenny and FG,and they have told nothing but lies since day 1.

Its my fault for that then too????:rolleyes:

You voted for FF in 2007. You're responsible for what happened under their watch. You can claim that FG are no better and you bought into their false promises, but FF were a long time in power in 2007 - they were the sitting government - and their failings were well proven by that stage. FG and Labour had conflicting platforms, and you knew neither was going to win a majority - how did you expect that they could live up to their election commitments?

You voted for FF in 2007. You're responsible for what happened under their watch. You can claim that FG are no better and you bought into their false promises, but FF were a long time in power in 2007 - they were the sitting government - and their failings were well proven by that stage. FG and Labour had conflicting platforms, and you knew neither was going to win a majority - how did you expect that they could live up to their election commitments?

WOW,now Im personally responsible for all the corrupt politicians,county council officials and developers and their secret meetings and illegal payments.I knew about all these meetings and payments then

This just gets better and better now.

Theres no need to "claim" FG are no better.

We all know it now,with all the lies since last years election.

So am I personally responsible for the dodgey corrupt dealings between FG and Denis O'Brien that has come to light then???

Am I "responsible" for all the lies that Enda Kenny has told since he became head man;):rolleyes::rolleyes:

So why did Enda himself tell me (via my TV) that it wasnt my fault then????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭emo72

Politics is all a game, the most important thing in fine gaels mind tonight is to celebrate that they are in government, slapping each other on the back about how they won back power, drinking champagne and wine, telling phil hogan what a clever fella he is on winning them the election and how the plebs refusing to pay his social charge are just sinn fein activists, (all 900,000 of them) plus then in front of the cameras throwing around rhetoric about saving the country and how they inherited the problem and that they have no choice etc etc.

All fine gael care about is power, they lied to get power and now they continue to lie while in power. this is still about civil war politics and at present the blueshirts are on top. to them, that is all that matters, they have no plan of their own, we are being run by europe. we have clueless people in charge, who have not got a clue how to solve our issues and who have no concept of what the ordinary joe soap goes through every day.

all very valid and true points. who are the people that want us to honour our debt to private banks? the very people who have the most to gain by doing so. the gravy train cant end for them.

of course they dont want a seismic change, that would be like turkeys voting for christmas. in reality a couple of thousand civil servants and a few hundred politicians are willing to sacrifice our country so they can keep living an extravagant lifestyle.

WOW,now Im personally responsible for all the corrupt politicians,county council officials and developers and their secret meetings and illegal payments.I knew about all these meetings and payments then

This just gets better and better now.

Theres no need to "claim" FG are no better.

We all know it now,with all the lies since last years election.

So am I personally responsible for the dodgey corrupt dealings between FG and Denis O'Brien that has come to light then???

Am I "responsible" for all the lies that Enda Kenny has told since he became head man;):rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well - you put them in power, not me. By any measure, you need to accept that responsibility. We all knew what was going on before the 2007 election - that's why we had tribunals in place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

donalg1 wrote: »
    Did the no campaign succeed in getting the charge scrapped after haven't seen the news today!!!
    Not yet - but its only decades away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

Found this on the FG pre budget Lucinda Creighton

Fine Gael recognises the need to raise more revenues from property. But a residential property tax would unfairly hit the young generation already burned by the housing bubble. So we will increase the second home tax, cut Capital Acquisitions Tax thresholds and introduce a low Capital Gains Tax on the site values of primary residences. Alongside this, we will cut stamp duty for families trading up and down, and provide greater relief for working families in mortgage distress.

Well - you put them in power, not me. By any measure, you need to accept that responsibility.

So why did Enda himself tell me (via my TV) that it wasnt my fault then and that Im not responsible??????

Will you answer me that please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Roverek wrote: »
    And I know social worker, she gets 50000 a year working from 9-4pm(No she doesn't). Sorry she is at work from 9-4pm. She is working 3 h daily the most with 2 months holidays(No she doesn't). She helps poor families. She thought Chlid Benefit was 140 a week, just to mention one of her believes. PS are overpaid ignorants employed by Mr Nepotism living in the LooLoo land.

If you goin to make up lies,at least base the lies on some form of truth
    *shakes head*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement