Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[MERGED] Retailer Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

I ordered off them just once and had no problems with them. Delivery is 2-3 working days. I have yet to RMA anything with them though

• Registered Users Posts: 37 akazzz

Anyone ordered from mindfactory.de or compuland.de before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭cyburger

Trevor451 wrote: »
    I ordered off them just once and had no problems with them. Delivery is 2-3 working days. I have yet to RMA anything with them though

i had to RMA an incorrect mobo (that looked suspiciously used) and it took a week for them to collect it, a week for them to process it (5 - 8 working days) once they had it and then another 3 days for the new one to arrive.

other than the poor RMA process, I'm happy enough with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Sorry to ask about another etailer but has anyone here ever ordered from anobo.de before? They've a fantastic price on a monitor I'm interested in, and cheaper delivery than HWVS. Would be tempted if others have ordered without probs before?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭greenheart

Hi Guys, just read this whole thread and its making me very nervous about my order with hardwareversand.
    I made a stupid mistake-
    My account and order is in my name and address. When paying the bank transfer i got my friend to do it as she works in the bank, thinking it would be easier! She filled out the transfer form with her name and address.
    So now the shipping name and address is mine and the invoice name and address is hers, she put my order number on the transfer form, will this be enough for them to know its my order been paid, even tho my name wasn't on the form.
    Will i edit the name and address on my account to hers or will that just confuse things even more:confused:
    Don't want to delay it anymore, as its my sons christmas present and I'm cutting it fine as it is.
    Any idea's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

greenheart wrote: »
    Hi Guys, just read this whole thread and its making me very nervous about my order with hardwareversand.
    I made a stupid mistake-
    My account and order is in my name and address. When paying the bank transfer i got my friend to do it as she works in the bank, thinking it would be easier! She filled out the transfer form with her name and address.
    So now the shipping name and address is mine and the invoice name and address is hers, she put my order number on the transfer form, will this be enough for them to know its my order been paid, even tho my name wasn't on the form.
    Will i edit the name and address on my account to hers or will that just confuse things even more:confused:
    Don't want to delay it anymore, as its my sons christmas present and I'm cutting it fine as it is.
    Any idea's?

Relax. They will email you when they receive payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭greenheart

Relax. They will email you when they receive payment.

Panic over just got an email, its on the way. Don't know what the delay was, don't care either now I know its on the way :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Damn lads, I am prety much pissed off beyond believe...

I used scan.co.uk and all was great, but then I just decided to look at my mobo box as it look prety and shiny.

Then I got a bit confused as it had no pcie 3.0 written on a box... Then looked manual... Yup... No pcie 3.0...

Turns out they sends out wrong mobo, it's same mobo as I ordered, but no pcie 3.0... Difference in name is just on symbol... I got z68 "something" [B3] and it should to be [G3]!!! Fuuuuuuuu!!!!

Difference in price is only 5 quid, between these two boards. Problem is I just cannot be ****ed to dismantle all pc and send out board, then wait for weeks to get replacement...

So I guess I am ****ed for gen 3 cards now :(. I presume it won't be possible to add 3.0 card in to 2.0 slot and have it working ( I know the bottleneck effect )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

It doesn't make a difference. There aren't any cards out that even come close to saturating PCI-E 2.0 bandwidth; PCI-E 3.0 won't be needed before you upgrade your motherboard again (probably not even then.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

That's pretty annoying but as Serephucus said, it will make minimal difference. PCI-E 3 cards will probably be fully compatible with PCI-E 2 slots. You might lose a bit of performance on high end cards towards the end of the its life, but it would be fairly small.

Cheers lads. Made me feel a bit better. It's still good mobo, but that little thing really rattled me. :(

Deffo not worth sending it out and all the hassle of rebuilding.

Atleast I got peace of mind lads. :)

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

ordered off HWVS on Wednesday night, sent money Thursday, postman arrived this morning. awesome.

Nice! What'cha get?

Anybody here have to send something back to dabs for a RMA? How long did it take roughly?

Graphics card. Was a bit of a mess getting it arranged in the first place, but once it was picked up, I had a refund just outside of a week (didn't get it replaced).

• Advertisement

Serephucus wrote: »
    Graphics card. Was a bit of a mess getting it arranged in the first place, but once it was picked up, I had a refund just outside of a week (didn't get it replaced).

If you don't mind me asking how old was the card? Did they email you when they issued you the refund? I had no problems arranging a pick up thankfully :)

The card was only a month or two old, can't remember exactly. As far as I remember, they emailed me when they'd received it, but not when the payment want through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

Anyone here buy second hand pc gear from any of the other pc components forums?

Most of the sites are American based but you see people from all over the world looking to trade. Overclock.net is in the UK and you can see some decent stuff there.

Adverts is just full of overpriced junk most of the time and it gets annoying going through it. What these forums have is trading platforms for building enthusiasts who are just looking to move on old gear.

Shipping is the main problem I guess. This little island of ours can be annoying at times :mad:

Fair play to dabs. They awnsered all of my emails promtly and the RMA turnarround time is fast enough (9 days from the package arriving at dabs)

Even though on their website it states that they only have email support, they actually do have a customer service line. There phone number is +00448704293825

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Alpha1.2 wrote: »
    Is it direct debit? Just stop it and if they hassle you for money, just say "what? but I cancelled my account!"

Oh and requiem1, I was curious about this so I went on their chat facility...
    Susan 1108: Good evening, how can I help you?
    Customer: Does dabs adhere to consumer law?
    Susan 1108: Yes we would adhere to the consumer law
    Customer: Ok, can you give me a reference number for this chat?
    Susan 1108: You can use incident reference 139876317.
    Customer: Thank you very much Susan that is all spacer.gif

Don't know if that helps.

i bet you can smell the curry coming from that tech support agent in mumbai with a name like susan 1108 ;)

• Advertisement

i bet you can smell the curry coming from that tech support agent in mumbai with a name like susan 1108 ;)
    where did you find that post??

just wondering where people here are getting their watercooling parts from at the moment.

Finding it hard to locate a good selection of stuff from the one site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

deejer wrote: »
    just wondering where people here are getting their watercooling parts from at the moment.

Finding it hard to locate a good selection of stuff from the one site

www.specialtech.co.uk

deceit wrote: »

Cheers. Was looking at them and aquatuning the other day. They are looking kinda expensive!

How much do the shipping costs generally work out to be?

+1 for Specialtech. WatercoolingUK also do a lot of parts. If you really want something very specific, there's also FrozenCPU, but they'll get you by the balls when it comes to shipping. I got a couple of QDC fittings from them a while ago (excellent fittings, by the way) and the shipping was very small in comparison to other stuff; $20.

Edit: Shipping for Specialtech isn't that much. Maybe about £20 for a big order. (My whole setup, for example) And yeah, watercooling in general is expensive. I spent just over €400 for all of my parts.

+1 for Specialtech. WatercoolingUK also do a lot of parts. If you really want something very specific, there's also FrozenCPU, but they'll get you by the balls when it comes to shipping. I got a couple of QDC fittings from them a while ago (excellent fittings, by the way) and the shipping was very small in comparison to other stuff; $20.

Edit: Shipping for Specialtech isn't that much. Maybe about £20 for a big order. (My whole setup, for example) And yeah, watercooling in general is expensive. I spent just over €400 for all of my parts.

I have most of the fittings and tubing I think. Just the main parts (expensive parts) left. 360/480 rad, pump and GPU block.

I have used frozenCPU and performance pc for a few specific parts alright. Have to keep them small and light or ya end up paying more for the postage than the parts.

Have a look on forums as well if you don't mind buying second-hand.

Have a look on forums as well if you don't mind buying second-hand.
    what forums do you look at for second hand water parts?

has overclockers UK always required a 1000+ post count to use their market place?! when i joined a year ago i could swear it was only 200 or something. I've got 30 so no chance ill be buying from there for a few years.

Your best bet is somewhere like OC.net, but the majority of sellers there are US-only, though you'll get the occasional EU/UK seller. The forums at WatercoolingUK is pretty decent for second hand WC stuff, though I've never got anything there myself.

Anyone here buy second hand pc gear from any of the other pc components forums?

Most of the sites are American based but you see people from all over the world looking to trade. Overclock.net is in the UK and you can see some decent stuff there.

Adverts is just full of overpriced junk most of the time and it gets annoying going through it. What these forums have is trading platforms for building enthusiasts who are just looking to move on old gear.

Shipping is the main problem I guess. This little island of ours can be annoying at times :mad:
    Tea_Bag wrote: »
    what forums do you look at for second hand water parts?

has overclockers UK always required a 1000+ post count to use their market place?! when i joined a year ago i could swear it was only 200 or something. I've got 30 so no chance ill be buying from there for a few years.

This is what I was asking about yesterday. I have been looking on lots of different forums to try and pick up stuff second hand. Again they are mostly US based with the odd UK one. TPU seems to have the best selection of stuff from what I can see and dont have to worry about post counts

• Advertisement

This is what I was asking about yesterday. I have been looking on lots of different forums to try and pick up stuff second hand. Again they are mostly US based with the odd UK one. TPU seems to have the best selection of stuff from what I can see and dont have to worry about post counts
    TPU?

TPU?

Was wondering that myself. Either I'm having a blonde moment, or I've never heard of it.

sorry techpowerup

thats what "they" all call it.........im just trying to be cool:cool:

Ah.

*facepalm*

Blonde moment indeed. I'd completely forgotten. Similar to OC.net though in that the majority are US-based. Mind you, if they're decent as regards shipping/customs, etc. then you can get fairly good deals.

Anyone ever heard of or used www.kmcomputer.de ?

Prices are slightly higher than HWVS, but shipping appears to be a flat €19.99 to Ireland, so if you're ordering less than a full build, could come in handy.

Also, they dont seem to have an English option, but Chrome does a good job of translating.

EDIT: you also have an option to use UPS shipping instead of DHL for an extra flat rate of €4. UPS isnt great, but at least you can avoid An Post that way, as they take as long to deliver your package from portlaoise sorting office to your house as it takes a package to cross Europe.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

HWVS have dropped all their shipping prices, now its only €18.99 to ship to Ireland, €12.99 to England/NI:

http://www2.hardwareversand.de/hv/img/versandkosten.jpg

that's awesome. the most competitive retailer in the Irish market just got more competitive.

eg: I'm ordering a case, side panel for my 600T and a mouse pad from scan and shipping is a whooping £21/€25

that's awesome. the most competitive retailer in the Irish market just got more competitive.

eg: I'm ordering a case, side panel for my 600T and a mouse pad from scan and shipping is a whooping £21/€25

Not much use to you now but did you ever try and get reduced shipping from scan when you tell them you are a member of avforums. only charge you the difference between international and uk

Not much use to you now but did you ever try and get reduced shipping from scan when you tell them you are a member of avforums. only charge you the difference between international and uk
    Yea im actually in the process of doing that. ive been an AVForums member for a little over a year so well within whatever the criteria. there was a problem on scans end picking up my membership, so ive been sending emails to them all day.

"Tea_Bag,

The system shall sync with the server at midnight and this should then allow for the free delivery, on orders worth £50 ex VAT before carriage."

ill be happy out if i get free delivery! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Has anyone here seen or used http://www.hoh.de/?

I was a build from the site posted on another forum and when I compared the prices to hwvs almost everything was a couple of euro cheaper and the shipping was €36. But if you were to do a full build on the site it should come in a little cheaper than hwvs.
    hoh has the same trusted shop award hwvs has so I assume it's a safe site to buy from.

I haven't got the opportunity to do a fully build on it to see does it turn out cheaper overall as I'm in work and really shouldn't be comparing hardware sites :P
    hwvs' recent shipping drop might help them keep their advantage though.

It'd be nice of HWVS did visa card. it'd be so much faster. i transferred money to them on Friday, but Ulster bank didn't process till Wednesday cause of the bank holiday Monday. HWVS dispatched 2 hours after receiving the money, but it's not going to be here till Tuesday at the earliest.

guys, what courier do dabs.ie use? and how are they with deliveries in general? i know its not irish, but how are they with returns too etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,286 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was hoping it'd move on and I wouldn't have to ask, but how long would dhl usually take from the point my order is at?

Status from Thu, 22.03.12 01:38 hours
    The international shipment has been processed in the export parcel center

Next step
    The international shipment is being prepared for forwarding to the destination country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

I bought a mouse from Dabsie and they used An Post.

If you get delivery free, they'll use An Post (and Royal Mail, if from the UK). If you had to pay for it, then it's probably going to be Parcel Force, or UPS.

The latter two can be tracked, the first two can't (usually, varies with An Post)

• Advertisement

If you get delivery free, they'll use An Post (and Royal Mail, if from the UK). If you had to pay for it, then it's probably going to be Parcel Force, or UPS.

The latter two can be tracked, the first two can't (usually, varies with An Post)

i presume you were talking about mine issue m8? i would not trust with something very expencive post... its a shame as dabs.ie got free delivery and -25eu for 400eu++ purchases.

Yeah, I was talking about the question you asked. As far as I'm aware, if something is damaged in shipping, you can just refuse it, and it'll get sent back. That, or you accept it, and RMA with Dabs straight away. I've had a ton of stuff delivered by An Post and never had any problems though (and a lot more than €400 worth in single deliveries too).

So how long does it take to deliver?

About three days, usually. An Post / Royal Mail is about four.

About three days, usually. An Post / Royal Mail is about four.

****, just checked and it says: order up on request... so i guess i could be waiting for weeks...

• Advertisement
Advertisement