Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Please Read** Match Tickets

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

• Registered Users Posts: 15,976 ✭✭✭✭event

lads, when is it likely that tickets would go on general sale for vs scotland?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

event wrote: »

They went on sale last week to the supporters club (there seemed to only be a small amount) and then it said sold out, so not sure they will have any for general release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

event wrote: »

They won't go on general sale.
    All tickets for the game have sold out and if any returns, they will be sold through the Irish Rugby Supporters Club to its members.

There are tickets on general sale for the Italy game available on Ticketmaster.

pc7 wrote: »
    They went on sale last week to the supporters club (there seemed to only be a small amount) and then it said sold out, so not sure they will have any for general release.
    Far more than a small amount. Just sold out quickly, thats all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DUBACC

Pity about the Scotland tickets really. The supporters club ticket sale is usually well run but for these tickets i feel the process was amateurish at best. The website specifically stated that the tickets would be on sale 3 weeks prior to the game but went on sale on Friday with little or no notice. Those people, having believed the original '3 week' message and were stuck in meetings all morning (myself included), were a bit miffed to find out the goalposts had been moved.

Having said that, and as mentioned above, the ability to purchase tickets through the supporters club is a great facility and praise must go to the guys involved (except this time! ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Any one know what's the story with replay tickets for France Ireland - if it's on the 3rd mArch I happen to be in Paris that weekend I wonder if they get reissued or just 'reset' Can I buy them off someone who can't go...I don't want to buy a no good stub

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭OldRio

For anyone who is interested and are visiting/studying/working in Edinburgh.
    Some great offers on the Heineken Cup quarter final Edinburgh v Toulouse.

You can get tickets for £5, £10 or £15 if you book before the end of the month.

Link...https://www.eticketing.co.uk/scottishrugby/details/event.aspx?itemref=2601

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Just a quick reminder that you cannot sell tickets via this thread. Please read the OP.

Ticket master has tickets for scottish game for sale if anyone is looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

are you sure about that?? thought that was sold out weeks ago

They must have gotten returns IRFU on facebook announced it yesterday and I have friends that got some, think there were only a small amount though.

They must have gotten returns IRFU on facebook announced it yesterday and I have friends that got some, think there were only a small amount though.
    Yes.
    A number were returned then sold out when put up on sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Originally Posted by event
    JustinDee wrote: »
    They won't go on general sale.
    All tickets for the game have sold out and if any returns, they will be sold through the Irish Rugby Supporters Club to its members.
    Ticket master has tickets for scottish game for sale if anyone is looking.

Yes.
    A number were returned then sold out when put up on sale.

10.21-robcares-uturn.png

At that time, there was no plans to sell through general route. Returns were relatively late so they went on public sale.

Just relaying information as it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭andrewdcs

Did anyone see / hear about the "great ticket scandal" program on ITV last night? (or was it bbc2? I dunno, anyway)

Mainly about dodgy backroom deals involving concert promoters / event organisers selling huge volumes of tickets to alleged 'fan to fan' sites (viagogo was one they focused on) in return for a 90/10 split of final sales.

Ireland England tickets being sold for 10+ times original sale price, in large blocks that only clubs / RFU could have put up on these sites.

so, illegal corporate touting effectively, all very shady.
    Are there any such sites in Ireland? (I've been expatriated for years..)

Would be interested in pining this to journos....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

absolute disgrace, expect the Olympics to be rife with it

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I was offered more than A$3000 for my pair of tickets to the Men's Swimming heats (not even finals) in the Sydney Olympics. Gave them to my neighbours as I was emigrating (yet again) before the games even started.

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sad thing about the Olympics is that they are actually pretty up ftont about the fact that most of the tickets are tied up in corp sponsirship.... so all already being traded around by wealthy execs.

I believe the phrase from Lord Coe over here was "Suck it up bitches!" but he may have been misquoted.

The program was about something more imorral, companies who are legally mandated to sell tickets at certain prices in the primary market and pay taxes on same, who are abusing a secondary / grey market to massively inflate prices.

IE Ryanair spreading the odd free ticket out and running their own internal market to sell flights to guarentee a certain load factor on any given flight is one thing, ryanair pretending all flights are sold out (with fake "customers") and reselling at huge markups is another.

Rugby is a rare sport in that tickets are genuinely available through clubs, the politics of who gets them are then at a level most people who care about it can access, and things move around.

In other words the Ireland England ticket scandal seems to be orchestrated at a place where the money flows up (to the controlling corporate), not down (to the fan / club reselling on tickets)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Anyone know where I could get 2 tickets for Sunday?

Group has grown from 2 to 4 from the postponed game and 2 of the lads are ticketless!

Cheers

• Advertisement

AGC wrote: »
    Anyone know where I could get 2 tickets for Sunday?

Group has grown from 2 to 4 from the postponed game and 2 of the lads are ticketless!

Cheers

I'm only repeating what I've read on boards.ie (so probably more likely to be true than the national press / organisers!) but apparently you should have no problem getting seats at the stadium especially for this game as the sting may have been taken out of south of France support base.

For Irish Rugby Supporters Club members: Limited returns for Corporate Level in Havelock Suite now on sale. Can buy up to 4 per order.

www.IrishRugby.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Munster v Leinster 31st March - can't see any tickets anywhere?

Sold out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Coming back from Spain for Easter, looking for tickets to the quarter in Thomond, anyone help me out?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Buy/Sell not allowed.

However I am looking to get 1 ticket for England V Ireland. I am unfortunately desperate, would anyone have any suggestion as to where I could get one... thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭MonsterMob

Looking for tickets for the weekend game versus england if anyone has any spare, would be doing a massive favour.

Thanks MM

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Not looking for a ticket but does anyone know someone travelling back to the ferries after the game? If so and they have room for 1 I could pay costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭tierney2

Would anyone on here have a match day program from the Italy Ireland Six Nations match (Feb 25th)?
    Theere was a tribute in the back to a Galwegians player who passed away and I'd like to send it to a friend.

tierney2 wrote: »
    Would anyone on here have a match day program from the Italy Ireland Six Nations match (Feb 25th)?
    Theere was a tribute in the back to a Galwegians player who passed away and I'd like to send it to a friend.

I shall ask here at office and see if any left.
    Will get back to you today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭tierney2

I shall ask here at office and see if any left.
    Will get back to you today.

Any luck Justin?

Advertisement