Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAME in serious trouble

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

What if they just close the doors and ship all the stock to a NI/UK store to sell off there? If I were you, I'd convert my voucher into XBL/PSN points if there is nothing else you really want in the store.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ah I'm saddened to hear there going into admin,it'll be weird not having a game on patricks street in cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Their €1 trade-in deals last year were brilliant, got saints row 3 and uncharted 3 for €1 each, probably poor sales that forced them to do a deal like that though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Just popped in got a nice official Sony case for my Vita €15.99, Rock band €2.99(used), Bullet storm Epic edition €12.99 (new) and the Move sharpshooter €6.99 (new)

The sharp shooter is a great deal, if you have a Move grab one really makes the FPS games even more enjoyable and with the Resident Evil light gun games getting a HD release soon there is plenty to use it with.

Still got 66 euro to spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    What if they just close the doors and ship all the stock to a NI/UK store to sell off there? If I were you, I'd convert my voucher into XBL/PSN points if there is nothing else you really want in the store.

Don't think that's possible as most of GAME Ireland's stock is PEGI rated whereas it has to be BBFC rated to sell un NI/UK.

At least that's how it was when I worked there a few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Don't think that's possible as most of GAME Ireland's stock is PEGI rated whereas it has to be BBFC rated to sell un NI/UK.

All it takes is a sticker to change that

• Registered Users Posts: 13,828 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Meesared wrote: »
    All it takes is a sticker to change that

True, i remember having to stick the newer blue rating stickers over the old red ones wheni wokred in GameStop!

I'll be in Limerick Friday, must check out Game to see if i can pick anything up cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

It ain't like that anymore. The majority of games are BBFC rated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

I know a few people who have worked in there and the guy in question is supposed to be a dickhead of the highest order.

He's right though. If someone comes in with two recently released games to trade in he should question it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Is there actually anything good on sale and happening.

When I see "administration" I'm hoping for a massive sale with rock bottom prices

Mass world of warcraft subs and possibly a ps3 ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,497 ✭✭✭✭Varik

TheDoc wrote: »
    Is there actually anything good on sale and happening.

When I see "administration" I'm hoping for a massive sale with rock bottom prices

Mass world of warcraft subs and possibly a ps3 ;)

Won't be a new PS3 in any case considering Sony still own all Games stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,243 ✭✭✭✭noodler

cloud493 wrote: »
    They sell the Zelda 3DS + ocarina of time for 140 in there, so this 75% thing would be lovely :pac:

Sorry, GAME are selling a 3DS with Zelda for 140e?

I really might check it out if thats true!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

Just got F1 2011 3DS for 12 quid and Ace Combat for 19.99 in Dundrum Game, both new.
    Nice one :)

They didn't have Tekken though - was hoping for a cheap copy of that.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

They really are dragging their feet on this firesale... anyone know anybody working in GAME who can give us a hint when its going to happen/when they are going to close?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

While in administration, they will have a few months to either get into financial shape by cutting costs and creditors accepting losses or someone coming along and buying the company so there is a bit to go before any closure yet.

MagicSean wrote: »
    He's right though. If someone comes in with two recently released games to trade in he should question it.

Why should he? A lot of people like myself will play the hell out of a new release in the first week and then if we don't see ourselves going back to it will trade it in asap in order to get the best resale value. The fact that shelves in Gamestop and Game will have multiple copies of last Fridays big release come Tuesday morning shows just how fast gamers finish/tire of a title. Should everyone who trades in Fifa Street over the coming weeks be faced with a jumped up sales assistant questioning where they got the game from?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I ordered stuff online 2 weeks ago and still not received .. Can I get a refund or what?.. Also is there any cheap vita titles in store?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,092 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I ordered stuff online 2 weeks ago and still not received .. Can I get a refund or what?.. Also is there any cheap vita titles in store?

No cheap vita stuff at least not in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭yammycat

Didnt go through whole thread yet but publishers want shops like game to go under as with noone selling physical media the second hand market will die

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

yammycat wrote: »
    Didnt go through whole thread yet but publishers want shops like game to go under as with noone selling physical media the second hand market will die

If they want the second hand market to die, they will have to reduce the prices of there games something serious... And I amn't talking about the crappy 5euro off your vita games reduction...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

yammycat wrote: »

And good riddens to it

Well documented how publishers and devs see it the same as pirating.

Retailers making money hand over first with no investment coming back to the publishers/developers.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,500 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ooooooooooooooooooo

Courtesy of The Gaming Liberty, here is a pic taken in a Game store in the UK. Since they can't sell ME 3, they have put all their copies of ME 2 as number 1 on their charts and hid the number 2 with a Sale sticker.

Honest mistake?

563158_10151414879085694_496676680693_23429017_1441109627_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

It's scumbag tactics like that which makes me hope they go under. Though most informed gamers should know the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I like the Max Payne ad they will be luck to reach the 18 of May

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Ooooooooooooooooooo

Courtesy of The Gaming Liberty, here is a pic taken in a Game store in the UK. Since they can't sell ME 3, they have put all their copies of ME 2 as number 1 on their charts and hid the number 2 with a Sale sticker.

Honest mistake?
    The sticker is in the EXACT same position as every other box. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt here. But putting ME2 at number one is a bit odd though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Ooooooooooooooooooo

Honest mistake?

563158_10151414879085694_496676680693_23429017_1441109627_n.jpg

Uproar over nothing and trying to find news where there isn't any. Stickers are in the same place on other sale items. Secondly, it's common practice to put another title from the series into the chart if you are low / don't have stock. Considering ME3 wasn't sent to GAME, it's no surprise that 2 is there in it's place.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

was in game today in dublin was guna try pre order collectors edition of diablo was told there not talking pre orders and i said why are ye closing down he said yes but didnt no a date. Very soon id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,500 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Sticker over the number is one thing as all games have it on the top right but should ME 2 really be number one in the charts. I think some poor parent who doesn't know better is gonna get stung over this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Sticker over the number is one thing as all games have it on the top right but should ME 2 really be number one in the charts. I think some poor parent who doesn't know better is gonna get stung over this.
    If its not opened they can bring it back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

The sticker is in the EXACT same position as every other box. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt here. But putting ME2 at number one is a bit odd though.

Putting 3 pre-owned copies of ME2 in the new games section is more than odd, since I always take the "chart" section as "these games done come out today" section in stores.

Advertisement