Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

eljono wrote: »
    Don't suppose anyone has a link to watch online?

It's over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Will the f1 be on tomorrow ?

Bank holiday and in work so not expecting much to happen !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

Jimdagym wrote: »
    It's over.

Who won?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I'm really really really really really really really REALLY sorry! I just couldn't resist this one!

Christ, I've never had to wait any more then a day or two for head work.

Hehehehehehehe..... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Fiona

I got this great idea to do my mothers car for her today as a mothers day present. Lets just say i ran out of Tardis it is that bad. Now i am just bored and i wish i never started it! Ill put up some pics later. If i ever get it finished. Still though she is cooking bacon and cabbage for dinner!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Never ever ever ever ever ever buy/drive a new Avensis estate with a petrol engine. Currently in Switzerland and was given it as a rental. Never been so shocked than when the foot was put down in that yoke. Most gutless thing I have been in in my life. And most importantly it was the 2.0 version...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Damn. A 2.0 petrol avensis estate was on my wishlist...

OT, I'm as sick as a small hospital, got a lift home in the boot of an Octavia last night (seriously)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Damn. A 2.0 petrol avensis estate was on my wishlist...

Well it is a mode of transport not unknown to you! :p

Those valvematic avensis are 150 odd bhp and would do 60 in under 9 seconds. Strange that you would find it so slow

166man wrote: »
    ......... Currently in Switzerland and was given it as a rental.............

Do they give 18 year olds rental cars over there?

• Advertisement

Those valvematic avensis are 150 odd bhp and would do 60 in under 9 seconds. Strange that you would find it so slow

Well we got the car and when I saw it was petrol I assumed it was just the 1.8. It was just so gutless, all noise and no go. Then I saw the key chain that it was a 2.0...:eek: It is one of those cases where diesel is the way to go and miles ahead of the petrol.

@RJ, no they don't give 18 year old rentals here.

Sorry, thought you were 18.

RoverJames wrote: »
    Sorry, thought you were 18.

I'm 19 and the old man is driving.. Still though I was really surprised at that Avensis. Stupid electronic handbrake too..

Hard to quantify how fast something is from the passenger seat in fairness.

Hard to quantify how fast something is from the passenger seat in fairness.

Not really. When you drop to second, foot to the floor and nothing happens it's not that hard really.

Not really. When you drop to second, foot to the floor and nothing happens it's not that hard really.

It appears on paper the Avensis is faster than your passenger seat assessment alludes to it being.

Of course alot depends on what speed one dropped to 2nd at.

It appears on paper the Avensis is faster than your passenger seat assessment alludes to it being.

Of course alot depends on what speed one dropped to 2nd at.

That's true that on-paper figures give a better idea of what a car is like than real world experience.

Drop to second at around 40km/h, revs jump to 3k per min and foot to the floor. Nothing and I mean nothing just noise..

That's true that on-paper figures give a better idea of what a car is like than real world experience.

Drop to second at around 40km/h, revs jump to 3k per min and foot to the floor. Nothing and I mean nothing just noise..

So at 6000rpm in 2nd it's doing 80km/h ?

On paper figures are most definitely better than some real work experience :)

I mean using common sense take those figures with a pinch of salt obviously. I can't remember the exact figures as the car wasn't driving today. I was just telling from experience that it was unbelievably disappointing. :)

I drove the previous generation with the 2.0 D-4 petrol engine, that was plenty powerful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Anyone buying an Avensis deserves what they get. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

He wasn't driving James, we get it. Leave it now please.

He wasn't driving James, we get it. Leave it now please.

It's 15 mins since he posted, I had left it :)

A store that sells new husbands has opened in New York City , where a woman may go to choose a husband. Among the instructions at the entrance is a description of how the store operates:

You may visit this store ONLY ONCE! There a re six floors and the value of the products increase as the shopper ascends the flights. The shopper may choose any item from a particular floor, or may choose to go up to the next floor, but you cannot go back down except to exit the building!

So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband. On the first floor the sign on the door reads:

Floor 1 - These men Have Jobs

She is intrigued, but continues to the second floor, where the sign reads:

Floor 2 - These men Have Jobs and Love Kids.

'That's nice,' she thinks, 'but I want more.'

So she continues upward. The third floor sign reads:

Floor 3 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, and are Extremely Good Looking.

'Wow,' she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going.

She goes to the fourth floor and the sign reads:

Floor 4 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Good Looking and Help With Housework.

'Oh, mercy me!' she exclaims, 'I can hardly stand it!'

Still, she goes to the fifth floor and the sign reads:

Floor 5 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Gorgeous, Help with Housework, and Have a Strong Romantic Streak.

She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the sixth floor, where the sign reads:

Floor 6 - You are visitor 31,456,012 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please. Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store. (scroll and keep reading!)

PLEASE NOTE:

To avoid gender bias charges, the store's owner opened a New Wives store just across the street.

The first floor has wives that love sex.

The second floor has wives that love sex and have money and like beer.

The third, fourth, fifth and sixth floors have never been visited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

MugMugs wrote: »
    I'm really really really really really really really REALLY sorry! I just couldn't resist this one!

Hehehehehehehe..... :D

:o I can just imagine the eyes being thrown up to heaven by some people now:P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

:o I can just imagine the eyes being thrown up to heaven by some people now:P

Ah come on lads, try to keep this the one thread which is a bit friendly :)

Anybody else in work today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

mrs crilly wrote: »
    Any other suckers in work today :(

Yes, it's awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Yes, it's awesome.

Agree

Had a great drive to work on the motorway with very few cars :)

• Advertisement

Yes, it's awesome.

Do I detect sarcasm :D
    robbie_998 wrote: »
    Agree

Had a great drive to work on the motorway with very few cars :)

It was entertaining to watch the drunk people on their way home.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement