Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The "Today I did something to my car" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Harcrid

sean1141 wrote: »
    did you spray them to match the bumper?

No, I ordered them in black. They come in a few different colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

Can you upload a recording of the beeping? And is it quick to start beeping when you go into reverse?

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

Would the gong not be better the back shelf? Thought it would be kind of hard to hear in the boot.

@Jercotter: The beeper is loud enough so it was fine to use in the boot. In fact, I had to stick a bit of tape over the beeper as it was a bit too loud for my liking initially but now its perfect.

@Alex: It beeps once when you engage reverse so you know its working. When you get within 1 - 1.5 metres of an obstacle it will start to beep in the same manner as they usually do. i.e. the beeps get closer together as you get nearer to the obstacle. I have uploaded an audio clip. It was taken with my iPhone so it's not great but if you turn your volume up you will get the idea of what it sounds like.

Memo.m4a - 0.12MB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

you're a gent. i think for 20 quid you cant go to far wrong, and even if it got annoying or whatever, you can just unplug it and leave the sensors there so no ugly holes.

oh, and any link to what you bought?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Put on this cheap gearknob

IMAG0107.jpg

Sending this one off to be refurbished. :)

IMAG0110.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Fiona

Reconstructive surgery has been completed on my car, collecting it this afternoon :)

The doctor even took pics for me, he must have realised what a nerd I was for recording keeping with my handwritten service history book left on the passenger seat :o

I am glad you and your colleagues got a laugh out of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,640 ✭✭✭✭listermint

mrs crilly wrote: »
    Reconstructive surgery has been completed on my car, collecting it this afternoon :)

The doctor even took pics for me, he must have realised what a nerd I was for recording keeping with my handwritten service history book left on the passenger seat :o

I am glad you and your colleagues got a laugh out of it!

Pics or it never happened :D

listermint wrote: »

Calm down I will when I get them!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Calm down I will when I get them!

They are copyrighted you know:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

They are copyrighted you know:P

I hope you fixed her box she had a thread here saying that it was buzzing......

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I hope you fixed her box she had a thread here saying that it was buzzing......

Carefull, you get in trouble for inyourendo's around here now..

You don't want the norris's waving their fists at you in a dissaproving manner.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Visited the local scrappy. Came away with a matching set of light covers for the 4 doors, rear spoiler & half a wheel cover :D

Now just need to find someone to paint the spoiler for me as its a different silver - beggars can't be choosers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,506 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Hoovered and cleaned interior of the vRS. Treated the Leather.
    Washed and applied a second coat of Wolfs Body Wrap. Waxed wheels and Dressed tyres. Cleaned windows..
    And then it rained :P

vectra wrote: »
    Impeccable timing Vectra nothing worse than when it starts when your in the middle of it! Paul i think you gave me a different car
    :eek: Christ it was in a bad way it was an absolute pleasure to drive home! She is 'rigid' as fook now. After months of numpties working on my car finally somebody who knows what they are doing! Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

vectra wrote: »
    Hoovered and cleaned interior of the vRS. Treated the Leather.
    Washed and applied a second coat of Wolfs Body Wrap. Waxed wheels and Dressed tyres. Cleaned windows..

Seriously dude!

You wash yourself as often as you do your cars!?!:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Seriously dude!

He probably hides the dirt better than the vRS does anyway...

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,506 ✭✭✭✭vectra

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Seriously dude!

LOL
    I would imagine so :D
    dar83 wrote: »
    He probably hides the dirt better than the vRS does anyway...

:pac:

Close..
    I Usually put on an extra set of clothes to keep the smell in and have a Bath every Christmas weather I need one or not LOL :pac:

listermint wrote: »

Oi Minty here are your pics ya brat :p

DSCF3338.jpg

DSCF3341.jpg

DSCF3343.jpg

DSCF3344.jpg

DSCF3345.jpg

DSCF3346.jpg

DSCF3354.jpg

DSCF3355.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Oi Minty here are your pics ya brat :p
    Looks great.. Do you ever get stopped for the black plates?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Yea I was thinking that myself alright. They technically weren't legal after 1987 are am I wrong

shblob wrote: »
    Looks great.. Do you ever get stopped for the black plates?
    BX 19 wrote: »
    Yea I was thinking that myself alright. They technically weren't legal after 1987 are am I wrong

Nope never been stopped in the E30 at all. I was stopped once in the E46, I just said I was at a show at the weekend and that I forgot to change them and that I had a spare set in the boot.

They just said to change them when you get home. That was 8 months ago :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Nope never been stopped in the E30 at all. I was stopped once in the E46, I just said I was at a show at the weekend and that I forgot to change them and that I had a spare set in the boot.

They just said to change them when you get home. That was 8 months ago :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:
    Id say if you tinted the windows it may be a different story!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Just looking at the light filled with water, there was an IS200 at Japfest with the headlights filled with water..... he had goldfish in them!

shblob wrote: »
    Id say if you tinted the windows it may be a different story!

Don't do tinted windows not a fan.
    Gary ITR wrote: »
    Just looking at the light filled with water, there was an IS200 at Japfest with the headlights filled with water..... he had goldfish in them!

Are you for real :eek: Haha thats deadly!!!

Would they pass the nct though :confused:

Impeccable timing Vectra nothing worse than when it starts when your in the middle of it! Paul i think you gave me a different car
    :eek: Christ it was in a bad way it was an absolute pleasure to drive home! She is 'rigid' as fook now. After months of numpties working on my car finally somebody who knows what they are doing! Thank you!

Same car alright, just with all the wobbly bits removed:P

Glad she's driving well for you. I'll be sick for my hols after all those gooddies:D

I'll be sick for my hols after all those gooddies:D

Ya didn't even offer me a sweet :rolleyes:

Ya didn't even offer me a sweet :rolleyes:

I didn't even see the amount of stuff in the bag until you left:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Would they pass the nct though :confused:

They'd certainly pass the NseaT :pac:
    I didn't even see the amount of stuff in the bag until you left:eek:

Are you taking sweets as payment now?? Will you do my brake pads for a bag of apple drops??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement