Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter X Tekken is for REAL!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

Cleared Juri's trials and all but one of Poisons with the limited time I had to play with it last night. So far the trials have been noticably easier than SF4. Tried a few of Hwoarang's also and didn't run into any bother which is great because execution ain't my strong point. Looking forward to properly sitting down with it after work.

It's as if Capcom crept into my head and took out all the ludicrous things I wished Juri could do in Super and made them all possible. Jump cancel crouch fierce? By all means. Ground bounce with airborne jumping fierce? Fill your boots. Combo after senpusha, and sekku and Kaisen Dankairaku that travels along the ground and be combo'd into from pretty much anything? Monsieur, with these Rocher, you are really spoiling us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I literally woke up JUST as it came in the post!

Had breakfast, now I'm ready to go!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Just arrived from Gamesnash.

He wasn't joking about the chocolate, omnomnomgems

just have to wait til 5 to play it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Neeknak wrote: »
    Kaisen Dankairaku that travels along the ground and be combo'd into from pretty much anything? Monsieur, with these Rocher, you are really spoiling us.
    The way you can choose to hit in front or behind when hitting a falling opponent is sick. Risky as hell, but a sweet little addition to the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Sairus wrote: »
    The way you can choose to hit in front or behind when hitting a falling opponent is sick. Risky as hell, but a sweet little addition to the move.

Oh did they finally add the hitboxes at the back that should always have been there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Just been messing around with trials. Done all of Abel, Cammy and King's ones. Some of them were a real bitch and completely stupid that you'd never use in a game but whatever...

Game seems pretty sweet, no icons though :(

Also it doesn't seem like there are dizzies? (haven't been in training mode so not certain)

Just been messing around with trials. Done all of Abel, Cammy and King's ones. Some of them were a real bitch and completely stupid that you'd never use in a game but whatever...

Game seems pretty sweet, no icons though :(

Also it doesn't seem like there are dizzies? (haven't been in training mode so not certain)

No, no dizzies at all.

Which makes me a happy Guile.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Dizzies are archaic anyway. They introduced ultras to allow a comeback to a person getting beasted and then keep in a round ending feature like dizzies for the guy getting beasted :D.

Mine hasn't arrived yet. I did get Mass effect 3 this morning though so....happy days :). Hopefully sfxt will arrive tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Dizzies aren't that bad in SFIV. Damage scaling is not reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

No, no dizzies at all.

Which makes me a happy Guile.

I think we figured that out when I was playing you.

"Jesus, what a beat down. This game definitely doesn't have any dizzies, or we would have seen it there."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

God dam you guys. I don't get it to tomorrow. Whats with the day early copies???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

God dam you guys. I don't get it to tomorrow. Whats with the day early copies???

Mine was from gamesnash.

Had a few games online there, wow the sound is beyond awful. Never realised how dependent I was on sound for the timing of combos.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Dizzies are great in SF4. Glad they're not in Gems though, the damage is far too high anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

How's the netcode treating everyone? Still on the fence about this game but I dont want to get it and find the online is messy.

How's the netcode treating everyone? Still on the fence about this game but I dont want to get it and find the online is messy.

I don't have it yet but it a capcom game so I'm going to go out on a limb here and say laggy somewhat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Played this for awhile today at Nutrient's. Am really liking it. The Tekken cast add a massive variety of playstyles to the game. Still some problems to be sorted out like missing sounds when playing online, but it's nothing a patch won't fix.

Fergus being as predictable as ever with his character choice. :pac:
    GGs to Doyler.

DOES EVERYONE HAVE THIS GAME BUT ME!!!!!!!! I pre-ordered the collectors edition and all and everyone else seems to have gotten an early copy somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

No sign of that blog post from Capcom anyways. On another note, if anyone gets bored of SFxT or sees a pre-owned copy about give me a shout. Thanks.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

I've donated my whole Friday to playing this. Can't wait to get it in the morning!.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

The Tekken characters are turning out to be pretty fun to pick up. Last night I was using a Lili-Kuma team and making some decent damage combos (ggs Kuma). Gonna try out more Tekken chars at the weekend. Asuka trials were cool, so try her out more.

Really impressed with the offline stuff, and it's a damn fun game. The online needs a fair bit of work. The sound is borked and it's seems a little less stable than SFIV online (which is pretty solid for me).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Online needs a lot of work.

So far, I'm really liking Asuka, bit bleh on Lili, might change her for someone else.

Asuka deals so much damage but feels like a snail.

Gonna have to get used to the Tekken strings, and get used to the fact that st.hk whiffs on crouch :pac:

It's a really fun game though, I would recommend it.

I'm really liking Jin, I like how they've made him fit an SF game. I love his Dudley on steroids command dash and you feel like a boss when you pull off the kazama combos.

I don't feel I am anywhere near there with him but he'll be taking the place of easy mode Sagat when I am.

Also Guile's alpha counter is boss- under pressure in block string? Mash that hp +hk! He's got no restriction on direction unlike other chars (I assume there were issues with people reversal booming by accident).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Got it yesterday but didn't get much time to play because I forgot to update my delivery address :(

Haven't played through the arcade but the offline stuff I have done is well implemented. The trials, missions etc. all seem to be good but we'll see how it feels later. Even the tutorial was good craic with some nice references in Dans little speechs.

System it feels strange. The mix between chains and links is kinda odd but it seems to give a lot of freedom to the combo system. Although I'm not a fan of the fact that launcher seems to be the only way to end the chains (Maybe I've been doing something wrong?)

Spent the most time with Chun thus far. She's able to combo into and jump cancel out of her b.MK, MK launcher which is a lot of fun and gives her some fun stuff to play around with.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

Orim wrote: »
    System it feels strange. The mix between chains and links is kinda odd but it seems to give a lot of freedom to the combo system. Although I'm not a fan of the fact that launcher seems to be the only way to end the chains (Maybe I've been doing something wrong?)

You can end a chain with an ex move but a not with a basic special.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

The online is fine imo. I prefer ****ty sound rather than input delay, can't stand input delay. I hope they do something with the sound without creating lag. Games mad fun

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Bison's Ex moves are godlike!

The Hound wrote: »
    The online is fine imo. I prefer ****ty sound rather than input delay, can't stand input delay. I hope they do something with the sound without creating lag. Games mad fun

I've been getting rollback when there's a really bad lag spike. It's like GGPO, almost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Nowhere in Belfast stocking it except HMV and they were out of stock for 360 as it appears they had a grand total of 3-4 copies for each system.

What a bustling center of commerce. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Really good game! Any one else finding jump forward and back weird?..almost stiff like.

• Advertisement

WasterEx wrote: »
    Really good game! Any one else finding jump forward and back weird?..almost stiff like.

Yeah the jump arcs feel weird after SF4 all right.

Maybe it's just in our heads, but I don't think so.

Advertisement