Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

e1f43319fc5906b6445833c2f20f797f.jpg

:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Speaking of saves, BAH! My hard drive just died and i lost the save i had. Will have to see if i can find one identical to the one i just finished. Hopefully shouldn't be too hard, especially considering how many are on this site.

http://www.masseffect2saves.com/show_saves.php?g=Male&a=Paragon&r=Liara

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Watched a bit of XBOX360 gameplay there from Eurogames and the graphics look really poor - worse than ME2 graphics or PC.

Hopefully for the PC it'll be another cut above ME2.

I'm practically drooling with excitement!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Kiith wrote: »
    Speaking of saves, BAH! My hard drive just died and i lost the save i had. Will have to see if i can find one identical to the one i just finished. Hopefully shouldn't be too hard, especially considering how many are on this site.

http://www.masseffect2saves.com/show_saves.php?g=Male&a=Paragon&r=Liara
    been using that for the ME1 saves recently, its deadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

i-dvZsXgB-X2.jpg

• Advertisement

been using that for the ME1 saves recently, its deadly!

Yeah, it is very good. Great selection for anyone who doesn't fancy another playthrough. It's tough to find one that's just right after both games, though i guess i am just being picky. I think i found one without the dlc having been played, so i can play through them after the suicide mission in ME2. I assume that will still carry over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

The controversy over the gay option makes no sense. There were already gay options in the Dragon Age games. Same publisher, same platforms, similar genre.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Here's an interesting read about how the multiplayer can/will affect your ending in the single player. I really dont like the inclusion of an almost mandatory multiplayer to get the best ending.
    There's not really any spoilers in there other than the fact the a war is raging across the galaxy and you'll be playing your part in the multiplayer, but that's common knowledge by now.

BUT, as the articles says
    If they’ve made a game that’s brutal, harsh and dark if you don’t play multiplayer, they’ve made a game that’s brutal, harsh and dark. That’s how I reviewed it, and it’s still phenomenal.
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/03/06/mass-effect-3-war-assets-and-readiness-how-multiplayer-affects-your-ending/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

There's a controversy????

Hawke in DA2 did come off a little camp, you matter how you played as him. But the male Shepard has never had gay options up to this, only femshep, right???

Its good I don't know these things, and have to ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Here's an interesting read about how the multiplayer can/will affect your ending in the single player...

Linky?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Linky?
    edited :o

Linky?

See, mad for spoilers this lad!

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    See, mad for spoilers this lad!

Didn't he say there were no spoilers??? I want to see how much MP I might have to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Here's an interesting read about how the multiplayer can/will affect your ending in the single player. I really dont like the inclusion of an almost mandatory multiplayer to get the best ending.
    There's not really any spoilers in there other than the fact the a war is raging across the galaxy and you'll be playing your part in the multiplayer, but that's common knowledge by now.

BUT, as the articles says

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/03/06/mass-effect-3-war-assets-and-readiness-how-multiplayer-affects-your-ending/
    That's probably to encourage people to buy the game instead of just getting a pirate copy. Maybe they think they can prevent the multiplayer game from being pirated.

Didn't he say there were no spoilers??? I want to see how much MP I might have to play.

I dunno, only skimmed over his post, to be safe.

3 Days left, you are soooo gonna ruin the ending for yourself! :pac:

I didn't look at any review yet, might leave it, as they will spoil something no doubt.

EDIT: ah crap, 3000th post, I was hoping to save that for some really profound comment or something. Damn you Sheehy!

Not liking the sound of that at all. I've no real interest in multiplayer, and i'm being punished in the single player campaign because of it. Which is what Bioware said would not happen. I'm now forced to play multiplayer, or do really boring scanning missions (or whatever the equivalent is), to get the 'best' ending.

Now I love Mass Effect, Ive played one and two countless times. But im looking at the reviews and all of them are saying its good but not great (from what im picking up) yet after giving it a verbal meh they go on to give it 95s/9.5s.
    I really dont understand critics anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Now I love Mass Effect, Ive played one and two countless times. But im looking at the reviews and all of them are saying its good but not great (from what im picking up) yet after giving it a verbal meh they go on to give it 95s/9.5s.
    I really dont understand critics anymore.

its fairly commonly done these days. give the game what you reckon the publishers want to see from a score, but write what you ACTUALLY think about it. it's the reason why scores are completely pointless because so many guys out there don't want to annoy anyone big like ea. bottom line, read the words, don't look at the score

in other news, we gave it a 4

http://clickonline.com/games/review--mass-effect-3/7301/

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Kiith wrote: »
    Not liking the sound of that at all. I've no real interest in multiplayer, and i'm being punished in the single player campaign because of it. Which is what Bioware said would not happen. I'm now forced to play multiplayer, or do really boring scanning missions (or whatever the equivalent is), to get the 'best' ending.
    Well if the multiplayer wasn't there you'd probably have to do the boring scanning missions anyway (going by ME2), so it isn't the mutliplayer's fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,223 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Helix wrote: »

A 4.5 actually!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

stupid half stars are tricky to see

Helix wrote: »

Good review, though i wish i hadn't read it. A bit spoilery in places, though that's to be entirely expected with a review. Damn my feeble attempts to not read anymore info! :pac:

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I dunno, only skimmed over his post, to be safe.

3 Days left, you are soooo gonna ruin the ending for yourself! :pac:

I didn't look at any review yet, might leave it, as they will spoil something no doubt.

EDIT: ah crap, 3000th post, I was hoping to save that for some really profound comment or something. Damn you Sheehy!

simpsons_nelson_haha2.gif

simpsons_nelson_haha
    :eek:
    Now I really hope you spoil the ending for yourself.

If I do spoil it for myself, I'm blaming you Freeze! don't ask me how or why. I wrecked my 4000th post as well so know how you feel.

Speaking of spoilers, the femshep gay love scene vid is up on youtube.

Well if the multiplayer wasn't there you'd probably have to do the boring scanning missions anyway (going by ME2), so it isn't the mutliplayer's fault.
    There is planet scanning in three ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 GT_Dublin

This is a fairly crap decision if you ask me, I had no intention of playing the multiplayer at all...

No real spoilers below, other than game mechanics...
    PCGamer wrote:
    Mass Effect 3 is about a war with the Reapers, and as you play the single player game, the people and armies whose help you earn count as War Assets. The game’s still story-driven, and it doesn’t end until you’ve completed the main series of missions. But when you do, what happens in the final cut-scene depends on how many War Assets you have accumulated.
    That part is kind of cool. But the balance is incredibly harsh: I did every proper* quest I could find in Mass Effect 3, made sensible decisions that didn’t conflict with my choices in the previous games, and brought people together. But I still got a gallingly bleak ending.

That’s because I’d never played the multiplayer. It’s a co-op mode where you and up to three other players have to survive waves of AI enemies and complete objectives. If you succeed, you get an increase to your Readiness rating – a percentage by which your single player War Assets are multiplied by. These are specific to each sector fo the galaxy, so if you have a lot of War Assets in the Terminus Systems, you’ll gain more by playing on a multiplayer map set in the Terminus Systems.

It’s all rather… dirty. Presumably they’re trying to encourage you to try the multiplayer because to do well in it, you have to buy or earn unlockable items, and you can get these for real money. But they’re doing it by hurting your single player game, slapping a good playthrough with a bad ending as a penalty for not playing co-op. Even if you like co-op, it’s not unreasonable to want to play through the single player first.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Ugh, if there is a need to play through tacked on multiplayer I'll be irked. I've managed to keep everyone alive until now, so I'll be disappoint if I can't keep the track record going in SP alone.

Also, kind of feel like starting a campaign to include a 'transgender Shepard' in any further sequels in the name of political correctness.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How will this be in gamestop do ye think?pc version.

• Advertisement

Interestingly enough - the Xbox360 version has a 94% critical rating, but only 43% public rating on metacritc (forgot to add that)

Advertisement