Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

Discodog wrote: »
    Like in a bush :P. Mind you they say that one in the hand is worth two in the bush :D

Ooh Err!! Easy Tiger!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,828 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

ChannelNo5 wrote: »
    Ooh Err!! Easy Tiger!! ;)

Tiger ? I don't roar, I don't scratch & I don't bite ..........but I might nibble :P

Anyway I thought that a sophisticated rock chick could tame a Tiger or at least take one by the tail :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

tumblr_lpetyfrebJ1qzfmx7o1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭JimBob777

Its head melting really :(

"Hey I really hate it when people send me messages and then blank me don't you"

"Yes I really hate that too"

*blank*

aaaaargh :(

I did then message her saying I would be up for meeting for coffee if she is but I also said in the same message I would understand if she is not comfortable doing so yet and would rather chat more.

I can't tell if shes pissed I didnt instantly ask her out, or just finds the idea of meeting soon uncomfortable.

Bah all I can do is try to be nice and honest in my messages but this online stuff really has a way of making you feel like some freak of nature. Women can be so hard to read at the best of times, never mind through Internet messaging :(

I'd much prefer it if women just bluntly told me why they suddenly didnt wanna talk to me anymore, at least I know and learn.

Ah well, tis really seeming that just like every other aspect of coupling in Irish society..the introverted male has no hope. I can only imagine the kinda guys messaging these girls that they'd be comparing me too.

sigh.

There is a very attractive girl I would consider out of my league messaging me, who only replies every 3-4 days. (i find this odd) Starting to wonder if this is a 'keep my replies in the yellow/green' situation as some poster mentioned earlier. :(

ha sounds familar, does the name start with an A?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

SOconfusing - I wouldn't write someone off because you dont get a message everyday. I was on another dating website a couple of months ago and I never thought it'd be so time consuming. I gave it up cos I didnt have time to be online every night writing messages/searching profiles. Though I have decided to make more of an effort this time. :)

Also dont dwell on the "out of her league" thing, surely she wouldnt be messaging you if she wasn't interested? But then maybe I'm too sensible to understand games!

Well its that she replied everytime bar up until she stated how she hates when people stop replying. Its been a few days at this stage and shes been online and on my profile since...

I obviously just said something wrong some how :(

Thanks though :)

Time consuming? Wow the female and male experience is so different. Very hard time finding someone who wants to even chat. Versus not having the time to reply to all the messages....

And they say its a mans world :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

@ JimBob777

Well no, the "I hate when people chat then stop replying" girl's name does not begin with A.

But the out of my league, (I say this mainly cause she's taller than me) replies every 3-4 days girls user name does....

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Any dates lined up? :)

@ JimBob777

Well no, the "I hate when people chat then stop replying" girl's name does not begin with A.

But the out of my league, (I say this mainly cause she's taller than me) replies every 3-4 days girls user name does....

i only asked cos i guessed you were on OkCupid and this beautiful girl only replys every 3 days or so to me too ha..taught maybe coincidence :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Signed up to POF for the laugh and sent 1 message, here's hoping.

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Signed up to POF for the laugh and sent 1 message, here's hoping.

send 10 before hoping hah, best of luck on it though :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

JimBob777 wrote: »
    send 10,000,000 before hoping hah, best of luck on it though :)

Fixed your post there.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

G-Money wrote: »
    Fixed your post there.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Coffee date tomorrow with a girl Ive been chatting too.I could be hungover.

JimBob777 wrote: »
    send 10 before hoping hah, best of luck on it though :)

I would send more except it seems to be the only girl I've found that I've a bit of interest in.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I keep bottling out of sending messages. Somebody e-slap some sense into me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Its strange when you seem someone on a site you know from somewhere but cant quite place them, I saw a profile and it took about a week to realise I knew her as my boss's ex.

What have you got to lose?

Just go for it, you'll regret it if you keep putting it off, everyone is on it for the same reason so you've nothing to lose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    I would send more except it seems to be the only girl I've found that I've a bit of interest in.

That's good but for me the old cynic says "Well what are the odd's that she will reply when so many other won't and even if she does, am I the only guy she's been writing to?"

By all means keep that option open, but personally I find online dating the best/worst example of putting all your eggs in one basket and it backfiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Click here

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Sky King wrote: »

It ain't working for me! "Hotlinking disabled." :(

I know I've nothing to lose really. Just building up the courage to make first contact is all. :)

It ain't working for me! "Hotlinking disabled." :(

I know I've nothing to lose really. Just building up the courage to make first contact is all. :)

FFS do it already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

:pac:

• Administrators Posts: 53,393 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    4 messages on pof today.

All of them were zero effort types. :(

Well, there was a poster back a few pages who has been getting on with a "hi" message person. You never know!! ;)

Larianne wrote: »
    FFS do it already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

:pac:

Done! :p

Right, that's that hurdle jumped! Now I can worry about whether people reply or not instead. :pac:

Chatting to a girl for a short while tonight, said I'd send a pic (she didn't ask for one) and said she'd "reciprocate depending on my dazzling good looks ;) " in a jokey way so not bitchy like that sounds :P Please write back! :P

Samich wrote: »
    Chatting to a girl for a short while tonight, said I'd send a pic (she didn't ask for one) and said she'd "reciprocate depending on my dazzling good looks ;) " in a jokey way so not bitchy like that sounds :P Please write back! :P

Cool, she complimented me and said she'd sent a pic if my joke was good, as I asked her did she wanna hear a joke. ;)

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,299 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

@ JimBob777

Why would a woman be out of your league because she is taller than you?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,828 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

As a bit of a short arse myself most women want tall men or at very least taller than them :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

Ok, you didn't ask me, but I'll answer as if I believe you actually don't know.

If you read any discussion on dating anywhere, or have ever asked any of your female friends or sisters, you'd know that most, -not all, but
    most women prefer to date a guy taller than them or at least the same height.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement