Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

The last one clashed with tGC beers so i didn't go. Don't think I'd like to go to one on my own. Perhaps a boardsie scouting party is in order? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

In in D2 though, id rather scrape my eyes out with a spoon then go there again if its as much of a dive as it was in my college days. (altough granted I say that about most nightclubs as Im a fussy bastard)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

In in D2 though, id rather scrape my eyes out with a spoon then go there again if its as much of a dive as it was in my college days. (altough granted I say that about most nightclubs as Im a fussy bastard)

Is it worse than Coppers? (although I admittedly had a lot of good nights there long long ago!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

hollypink wrote: »
    Is it worse than Coppers? (although I admittedly had a lot of good nights there long long ago!)

Its like Coopers Jnr

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

Firstly 'i'd rather scrape my eyes out with a spoon' - Im going to use that forever!

Secondly, I think D2 is lovely! The smoking area is UNREAL! ..Ok ita bit poky downstairs but still!

When we went in first year they had a chocolate fountain..... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭JimBob777

hollypink wrote: »
    Got that invite too, I wonder what those events are like. I wouldnt have enough nerve to go but maybe they are a laugh.

yeah why that idiot have to text me too?, thought it was young 'un :( gonna get a crowbar now and track him down,happy hunting in some way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Dovies wrote: »
    Ah thanks! Guess I need new pics then! :P

Ok so he said:
    Galvasean wrote: »
    This is why I get no dates. Girls see my fantabulous face and assume it's too good to be true! cool.gifpacman.gif

And you then you said:
    So thats why I can get a date either?? Now I feel so much better! rolleyes.gif

And I said:
    Discodog wrote: »
    Having spotted pics of both of you it's definitely true in your case smile.gif

In other words I was agreeing with you that you can't get a date because people assume that you look too good to be true.

This dating lark would be so much easier if men & women spoke the same language :D

Only in her case???? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,750 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

In other words I was agreeing with you that you can't get a date because people assume that you look too good to be true.

Im betting thats why i dont get any messages or replies either, i mean that has to be it....... doesnt it........? :P

VinLieger wrote: »
    Im betting thats why i dont get any messages or replies either, i mean that has to be it....... doesnt it........? :P

Of course it is. Now come join me at the
    Beautiful_Peoples_Club.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

sharper wrote: »
    Ha I had a similar experience.

It's possible she was expecting you to ask her out and she took it as you not being interested.

The guessing game about what people are silently expecting and reacting to is endlessly frustrating. I find it very difficult to get to the point where I'd feel comfortable meeting someone.

Its head melting really :(

"Hey I really hate it when people send me messages and then blank me don't you"

"Yes I really hate that too"

*blank*

aaaaargh :(

I did then message her saying I would be up for meeting for coffee if she is but I also said in the same message I would understand if she is not comfortable doing so yet and would rather chat more.

I can't tell if shes pissed I didnt instantly ask her out, or just finds the idea of meeting soon uncomfortable.

Bah all I can do is try to be nice and honest in my messages but this online stuff really has a way of making you feel like some freak of nature. Women can be so hard to read at the best of times, never mind through Internet messaging :(

I'd much prefer it if women just bluntly told me why they suddenly didnt wanna talk to me anymore, at least I know and learn.

Ah well, tis really seeming that just like every other aspect of coupling in Irish society..the introverted male has no hope. I can only imagine the kinda guys messaging these girls that they'd be comparing me too.

sigh.

There is a very attractive girl I would consider out of my league messaging me, who only replies every 3-4 days. (i find this odd) Starting to wonder if this is a 'keep my replies in the yellow/green' situation as some poster mentioned earlier. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Busy Lizzie

Thanks Discodog, I havent signed up to POF yet, but from reading on here I realise Im going to need ALOT of patience! ;)

SOconfusing - I wouldn't write someone off because you dont get a message everyday. I was on another dating website a couple of months ago and I never thought it'd be so time consuming. I gave it up cos I didnt have time to be online every night writing messages/searching profiles. Though I have decided to make more of an effort this time. :)

Also dont dwell on the "out of her league" thing, surely she wouldnt be messaging you if she wasn't interested? But then maybe I'm too sensible to understand games!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,091 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

This dating lark would be so much easier if men & women spoke the same language :D

And I said I need new pics - I meant uglier ones but I was trying to be modest!! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

hey there you :P

fonz.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy :cool:

Hiya :o

Oh I had actually been referring to one of my OTHER dates from last night.

Well, this is awkward. :/

:P

And I said I need new pics - I meant uglier ones but I was trying to be modest!! :o

That's quite a good idea. Test the men out & see if they want you just for your looks :D
    Also dont dwell on the "out of her league" thing, surely she wouldnt be messaging you if she wasn't interested? But then maybe I'm too sensible to understand games!

There definitely are a lot of games being played but one can never make assumptions. I know a couple that have been together for over 20 years. When they met he was 48 & she was 17 ! She is still blonde & glamorous & he is even fatter & balder :D. And before any one makes the obvious assumption - he wasn't wealthy & still isn't !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,091 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

That's quite a good idea. Test the men out & see if they want you just for your looks :D

!

or dont want me at all! :(
    Why is there no crying smilie :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Got message on POF.

Went to open it.

Read message.

Funny message.

Message was sent by "Deleted User"

dsfdsufdsfjsdjfdhfdajfadhfadfsda FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I'm getting fed up of copy & paste messages. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

I'm getting fed up of copy & paste messages. :mad:

:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I'm getting cut & paste messages. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Busy Lizzie

Haha :)

I was on another site a while ago, and I had my profile written to try and attract people to contact me. Im about to join POF, but I think I'll copy what Larianne did and hide my profile to try avoid all the messers. This way though I'll be making all of the initial contact. Any hints on what I should include to get a reply?! :) Obv I'll have to include what Im interested in, but I dont want it to look like Im sending out my CV!!

Even as I write this Im thinking, sure if everyone knew what makes someone reply we'd all be out on dates every night :D....but someone might have some guidelines for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

I got a message saying he "liked the look of me, very intoxicating". I initially read it as "very intoxicated" :P (which wouldn't be like me at all at all :D )

in keeping with the theme above, I suspect that message too was a copy and paste.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

Ah..... Discodog and Dovies sittin in a tree K...I...S...S..I...N...G:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Jaysus, just got this outta the blue...clumsy complimenting (I think...) FTW!
    thats not on stealing some poor girls facebook pics and putting them up on this site.
    you must be a right dog if you have to do that love out of order.

*Checks mirror*

No, my face is still my face... :pac:

Jaysus, just got this outta the blue...clumsy complimenting (I think...) FTW!

*Checks mirror*

No, my face is still my face... :pac:

He sounds like a catch. You should marry him. :pac:

ChannelNo5 wrote: »
    Ah..... Discodog and Dovies sittin in a tree K...I...S...S..I...N...G:D

In a tree :eek: ?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The awkward moment when you meet up with someone from POF and you realise there's more of a spark between her friend and yourself. :pac:

(I think I'm doing it wrong.)

The awkward moment when you meet up with someone from POF and you realise there's more of a spark between her friend and yourself. :pac:

(I think I'm doing it wrong.)

Score them both, take pictures. God speed young man.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

In a tree :eek: ?

Ah live a little Discodog! There are stranger places to kiss a girl!! :p

• Advertisement

ChannelNo5 wrote: »
    Ah live a little Discodog! There are stranger places to kiss a girl!! :p

Like in a bush :P. Mind you they say that one in the hand is worth two in the bush :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement