Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is gay marriage a threat to humanity?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Life is a bitch. I feel somethings are unfair, but Tough.

So your feelings are the only important ones, is what you're saying? That's arrogant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Honestly no one.
    why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭vixen chaser

Millicent wrote: »
    So your feelings are the only important ones, is what you're saying? That's arrogant.

Did I say that, there you go again reading between the lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

lmaopml wrote: »
    'Marriage' has Christian undertones...

The institution of marriage pre-dates reliable recorded history, or so says Wikipedia. Christianity co-opted marriage.

Also not to get too off-topic - this idea that you can choose your own flavour of a religion that has it's rules set in stone is intellectual fraud committed against yourself and any gullible innocents that may be brainwashed by you or anyone like you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Think back to when you were 14, how you and your mates would have regarded a kid in this position. FFS I knew a lad whos surname was Fay who got an awful time for merely rhyming with gay, even though there wasnt a thing gay about him IMO. This is the level of the Irish teenager, you arent going to change that.
    I know this is from ages ago, but I always find this argument amusing as when I was 14 I was out, and nobody gave a flying fuck.
    He is saying condom use is immoral.
    He is saying promiscuity is immoral.

And then people think Aids is being spread because people in Africa are hanging on his every word and not using condoms....whilst simultanousely ignoring his rules about shagging around?
    Again, ages ago, but nobody really addressed how catholic teachings are contributing to the AIDs epidemic in Africa, it's quite simple really, say you have a married couple, and the wife wholly follows catholic teachings, sleeps only with her husband and does not use contraception, say her husband is not so well behaved and cannot obtain condoms/doesn't understand the need for them as the local AIDs charity is run by a catholic organisation, what happens when the husband does the nasty? He has an appallingly high likelihood of contracting AIDs, if, or more accurately when, he does, he goes home and passes it on to his wife, and potentially their future children.
    God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.
    :D
    I meant that the institution of marriage was created for man and woman, and more often than not, children came after in a carraige?
    How come when male gays come out of the closet they become incredibly camp, or maybe it's spelled kamp, pardon my spelling:D
    You don't know many gay men do you?
    You prefer cock, good for you. As for the point I am making, once a person gets married, then a family is created, your spouse becomes your family. That should remain a family for ever. If a person choses to get married, then that should be for life. I just think people should take marraige more seriously.
    Why can't he have all that with a person with a cock? :confused:
    In all honesty though, are you trolling or are you Sarah Palin? I just can't tell the difference any more...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Spoonman75

Non sequitur.

Try again.

Did I say that, there you go again reading between the lines.

Well how am I supposed to read it?

You said:

So because you feel marriage is between a man and a woman, tough on those who don't because life's just unfair sometimes. Can you not see how that would read as "gay people and supporters of gay marriages' feelings don't matter"?

Links234 wrote: »
    why?

would you marry a hetro woman?, if not, marriage shoudn't be an option for you. I mean you chose to become a woman, but I accept that you were born that way and can't help it.Good ffor you though,seriously

maybe the gays parents didn't give them 'a good wallop' as a child to rid them of their stupid thoughts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

would you marry a hetro woman?, if not, marriage shoudn't be an option for you. I mean you chose to become a woman, but I accept that you were born that way and can't help it.Good ffor you though,seriously

nobody really cares what you dinosaurs think any more. enjoy your last few years as a majority.

efb wrote: »
    maybe the gays parents didn't give them 'a good wallop' as a child to rid them of their stupid thoughts

Should've gang-raped them. They'd be sick of cock then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Pacifist Pigeon

I think that the traditionalist view of marriage between solely based along the lines of reproduction debases the relationship between a loving married couple. It puts reproduction first and love second. That's why I think a lot of married straight people want gay marriage to be legal; to reaffirm the value and meaning of their own marriage as being one based on love, sacrifice and commitment to one another.

I mean you chose to become a woman, but I accept that you were born that way and can't help it.
    ...huh?

I think that the traditionalist view of marriage between solely based along the lines of reproduction debases the relationship between a loving couple. It puts reproduction first and love second.

That is a fantastic point, seriously, and something I hadn't considered before. It's so true though.

RichieC wrote: »
    nobody really cares what you dinosaurs think any more. enjoy your last few years as a majorityvocal minority.

FYP

I know this is from ages ago, but I always find this argument amusing as when I was 14 I was out, and nobody gave a flying fuck.

Again, ages ago, but nobody really addressed how catholic teachings are contributing to the AIDs epidemic in Africa, it's quite simple really, say you have a married couple, and the wife wholly follows catholic teachings, sleeps only with her husband and does not use contraception, say her husband is not so well behaved and cannot obtain condoms/doesn't understand the need for them as the local AIDs charity is run by a catholic organisation, what happens when the husband does the nasty? He has an appallingly high likelihood of contracting AIDs, if, or more accurately when, he does, he goes home and passes it on to his wife, and potentially their future children.
    :D

You don't know many gay men do you?
    Why can't he have all that with a person with a cock? :confused:
    In all honesty though, are you trolling or are you Sarah Palin? I just can't tell the difference any more...

I know a few gays. and I have nothing against them

except their right to marry who they love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Spoonman75

No you don't. A diploid zygote cannot choose. Nature chooses the gender of a potential person.

Except respecting their right to the same types of relationships as heterosexual couples.

• Advertisement

I know a few gays. and I have nothing against them besides their choices and natural yearnings

FYP

grindle wrote: »
    FYP

fyp??/

fyp??/

Fixed Your Post, not Felt Your Penis, as you might've hoped.

Vixen Chaser, I'm going to put something to you and I want you to really consider it:

I do not believe in marriage. At all. Have a long-term boyfriend (I'm female), who I will never marry or even have the desire to. I think it's an archaic practice and I see no benefit to my life from it.

Do you think I should impose that view on others and tell heterosexual couples that they should not be able to marry because I personally don't believe in it?

grindle wrote: »
    Fixed Your Post, not Felt Your Penis, as you might've hoped.

Maybe if some gays didn't act the peverted bitches , maybe people mightn't have such a problem with them

Maybe if some gays didn't act the peverted bitches , maybe people mightn't have such a problem with them

HAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

You just typed that? That's incredible! How did that feel? To just, mouth-scutter (finger-scutter) like that? What happens in your brain when that happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

And the mask slips!

They have theories as to what's behind this kind of homophobia, I don't think you'd like them...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 66 ✭✭Adamas

If people love each other they should be allowed to marry. Regardless of gender. Marriage is not a Catholic institution, it is a state institution (secular marriage in a registry office) as well as an institution in other religious faiths.

For someone who has never had sex he seems to be running his mouth when he has not got a clue about what he is talking about.

Never had sex? Like bishop Eamon Casey, Fr Michael Cleary, the Borgias....? Hmm...I think that they weren't always praying while on their knees.
    If they think that reproduction is the way to go, why not go and do the wild thing and do 'God's work'....go forth and multiply? Then again, he never did say by what factor they should multiply by. Odd, that.

Advertisement