Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Kellygalway

ladysaint wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Just a quick one, quite a basic question but it has me confused.

I always through last yr when pro points came out that 29 pp was the lowest daily allowance. Then this yr I thought the 26pp was kind of a kickstart and if you wanted to drop to 26 you could but 29 was still the standard lowest pp allowance.

Then last night I looked at the screen when I was getting weighed 28 was flashing & I said to my leader am I on 28 now and she said yes. I was on 30 after xmas then went down to 29 but I thought I would stay on 29 that it didn't drop any lower.

Can anyone confirm?

I know I shouldn't refer to the old points system but the one thing that was easier on it was that as you went down out of a stone ie from 13's to 12's you went down a point ( I'm giving away the fact in attending WW a long tome ;) )

Thanks all & sorry for the long post & to everyone losing motivation keep it going, it's a mountain but its worth climbing for the view :)

H ladysaint, 26 is the lowest. I'm on that at the moment, you wouldn't feel 26 adding up it can be tough! Thankfully we have the 49 weeklies!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

I've noticed that i need to be quite careful about checking what pp i'm on each week. I started 7 weeks ago on 31pp - and I noticed on tuesday that the scales now said 29. Doesn't seem to flash or make a big deal of it on the scales. The pp seem to be dropping off quite quickly and while I can manage with 29 I am terrified of 26 - have to start eating more 0pp soup to keep me full!

Went to a cooking demo in Nosh in Dalkey last night and I was terrified that it was gonna blow my points out the window on the first day of the week cos you don't get a choice of what you are eating, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Starter was goats cheese truffles (rolled in honey and hazelnuts) with beetroot and mixed herb salad - Not too bad. And the main course was sea bass on celariac and fennel purree with chervil dressing. And because it was a cooking demo we got the recipes and got to see how it was cooked which made it much easier to propoint. There was a dessert which i turned down (chocolate tart with cappucino cream) and wine came with the dinner which I also turned down except for half a glass of prosecco (only because I have 2 other nights out this week). But because there was no potato or pointed carb with the main - and because I had been good building up to it all day, I only had to use 3 weeklies for it which was great.

But anyway if you like cooking the demo was great, its 40 euro a head and you get all the recipes, they do the demo there, 3 courses and wine with it which I think is great value. They are hoping to do a meat night, and a fish night where they get a butcher and a fishmonger in to tell you how to prepare and cook all different types of meat/fish. And if you like cooking I think its so worth it. The atmosphere is great and the staff are lovely too!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mcb81

ali85 wrote: »
    Morning ladies (and the few gents out there ;) )

Had a lie in this morning, (the wonders of flexi time :) ) As I think it was Monife or Baby75... not sure (memory like a sieve!) I just had WI no. 7 and am starting on week 8... I am absolutely exhausted!!!

Anyone else finding they are really tired all the time?? I exercise each evening (aside from Wednesday and maybe a Saturday...) Maybe its just the 7/8 week slump but im going to bed early and still struggling to get up in the mornings....

Hi Ali85, I remember posing practically the same question around two months in. I was absolutely shattered and only I was so motivated by other posters I would have given in. Everyone was saying you're losing so much weight, you must feel great, have so much energy etc when in fact I felt crap. Completley unscientifically, I think it takes your body a whil;e to adjust and if you persevere gradually you get more and more energy. I found that when I studied my tracker with our leader that I wasn't eating enough protein, so I added in a protein snack such as peanut butter on rice cakes, or scrambled eggs on toast after I came back from exercise and I think it helped. If like me you went from doing little or no exercise to exercising almost every day your body migth need the extra protein for repair. Its worth a try any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

mcb81 wrote: »
    Hi Ali85, I remember posing practically the same question around two months in. I was absolutely shattered and only I was so motivated by other posters I would have given in. Everyone was saying you're losing so much weight, you must feel great, have so much energy etc when in fact I felt crap. Completley unscientifically, I think it takes your body a whil;e to adjust and if you persevere gradually you get more and more energy. I found that when I studied my tracker with our leader that I wasn't eating enough protein, so I added in a protein snack such as peanut butter on rice cakes, or scrambled eggs on toast after I came back from exercise and I think it helped. If like me you went from doing little or no exercise to exercising almost every day your body migth need the extra protein for repair. Its worth a try any way.

Thanks very much mcb81! You are probably right. I did no exercise before I went back to WW this time. Litterally sat on by ever growing backside each night when i got home from work. I'm going to give it a go... thanks a mill... something really comforting about scrambled eggs at tea time :D I have been pushing it a bit the last two weeks especially so maybe that could be the reason.

Its mad isn't it... How your body makes you pay even when you are doing something to make it better... god damn it! haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

ali85 wrote: »
    Just back from WI... down 2.5lb! really happy after STS last week but.... i had 3 to my stone... ragin in that respect but 13.5lb down in 7 weeks is definitely nothing to be sniffed at... I know I will get my stone next week...

I am now officially 11st 7lb.... :D

Congratulations!! Wow stone next week! Well done, all your hard work is obviously paying off :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

mcb81 wrote: »
    Just back from post New York weigh in - down 2lbs, absolutely delighted. Made good use of the gym in the hotel every morning and walked and walked during the day, so that obviously off set all the dining out. Only 7lbs from target now, at a pound a week I should be there by Easter!!

Wow that is amazing! Especially having been away! Congratulations! :D

Congratulations!! Wow stone next week! Well done, all your hard work is obviously paying off :D

thanks baileypants... another 28lbs to goal... aiming for 9st 7lb... but if i get to 10st and feel i am happy with that I will stay at 10st. If I lose 1lb per week until my friends wedding I will be 10st 4lb. So I will be almost there...

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

[QUOTE=ali85;7724

Its mad isn't it... How your body makes you pay even when you are doing something to make it better... god damn it! haha![/QUOTE]

Ya esp when it let's you put it on in the 1st place sooo easily!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

I am so tired all of the time to, I go home from work at 6 and cant move have been going to bed at round 9 all week, have been eating as normal and drinking loads. Don't know whats wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hollee

Down 2lbs today, really pleased because I stayed the same last week and this is only week 3 so sometimes found it hard to stay motivated, have learnt that a quick look on here usually helps as It keeps me in check.

Im on the 26 finding it very difficult to stay within the points and yes like a few others have mentioned have been exceptionally tired lately but I never made the connection, till I read those other posts and it was a lightbulb moment for me.

Have to say I have found this thread a lifesaver so big thanks to all here for not just the support and encouragement but the tips and advice!

• Advertisement

I am so tired all of the time to, I go home from work at 6 and cant move have been going to bed at round 9 all week, have been eating as normal and drinking loads. Don't know whats wrong!

Glad it's not only me :) we will all have to get over this big slump together! haha!
    hollee wrote: »
    Down 2lbs today, really pleased because I stayed the same last week and this is only week 3 so sometimes found it hard to stay motivated, have learnt that a quick look on here usually helps as It keeps me in check.

Im on the 26 finding it very difficult to stay within the points and yes like a few others have mentioned have been exceptionally tired lately but I never made the connection, till I read those other posts and it was a lightbulb moment for me.

Have to say I have found this thread a lifesaver so big thanks to all here for not just the support and encouragement but the tips and advice!

+1 on this... this thread has really stopped me falling off the wagon so many times.... it's great when you are having a bad day or bad week and you can look on here and see that someone else is in the same boat or has been in the same boat...

Lol well I think it's the weather... It's brighter earlier so I'm waking up early and it's staying brighter the extra hour in the evening so our body's might be confussed! This day 10 weeks I'm off to gran canaria was hopin to be at goal for it but have 12 or 13lb to go and I'm only losin a lb a week lately like I said I'm six months at it friday!! Better not be at a pleatau!!

PS who ever thought of putting weight watcher on a forum under the heading "REC" has never lost weight lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Nicoley21

Hi guys.

Just wondering if needs be can you use your activity points you have earned if you have gone over your weekly? Not desirable I no but had a big party at the weekend and used all my weeklies n now going our tomorrow night too! I have 24 activity points saved up and I'm only looking to use 10. Any advice? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Nicoley21 wrote: »
    Hi guys.

Just wondering if needs be can you use your activity points you have earned if you have gone over your weekly? Not desirable I no but had a big party at the weekend and used all my weeklies n now going our tomorrow night too! I have 24 activity points saved up and I'm only looking to use 10. Any advice? Thanks

I rarely use my activity points, but yes you can use them if necessary. I wouldnt make a habit of it but for the rare occasion it shouldnt do too much harm!!

I just made this for dinner : http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/234608/ginger-and-lime-chicken-with-sweet-potato-mash
    From the NI given i pointed it @11pp but we only had 380g of sweet potato rather than 450g so gave it 10pp. Also cooked the chicken in a season n shake type bag rather than grilling it so that the chicken stayed nice and juicy!! It was soooo delish, had a really lovely zingy-ness to it!!

3pp left for the day, not too sure what to have yet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Now don't kill me but no chance of pitter patter of little feet :P :) seriously though are we coming up to a clock change that always makes me tired!
    Nicoley21 wrote: »
    Hi guys.

You can use half of them safely enough, I think:)

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

Just a little check in- have been drinking loads of water and tracked everything for the last two days, also started back at the gym Monday, went again last night and had that lovely 'ache' today from exercise (the good kind where you feel great about yourself!) Did a walk this evening too.

I'm out Satrurday night gonna save all my weeklies for that and for Sunday I'm gonna have some snax/meanies and nimble in the house so I can still have a hangover feast (but a mini one!!) within my points.

Am determined to stay on track this week, its mad how much better you can feel after healthier eating for a couple of days :D

I would seriously be lost without this thread it's deadly and I've said it before but to the people keeping blogs, ye are legends love reading them and more importantly lookin at all the lovely pics!!!

intouch44 wrote: »
    Just a little check in- have been drinking loads of water and tracked everything for the last two days, also started back at the gym Monday, went again last night and had that lovely 'ache' today from exercise (the good kind where you feel great about yourself!) Did a walk this evening too.

I'm out Satrurday night gonna save all my weeklies for that and for Sunday I'm gonna have some snax/meanies and nimble in the house so I can still have a hangover feast (but a mini one!!) within my points.

Am determined to stay on track this week, its mad how much better you can feel after healthier eating for a couple of days :D

I would seriously be lost without this thread it's deadly and I've said it before but to the people keeping blogs, ye are legends love reading them and more importantly lookin at all the lovely pics!!!

I've just updated mine with some lunch recipes http://niamhweightlossjourney.blogspot.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Third week with Weight Watchers.

First week I weighed in at 11.13

Second week I weighed in at 11.11 (-2 lbs)

Third week I weighed in at 11.10 and a half (-half)

I'm so shocked, because this week I totally went out of control, I had a chinese 2 nights in a row, a chipper, and a giant cookie literally every day :confused:

I'm beginning to get quite stressed tbh, Its been 3 weeks and all I have lost is 2 and a half pounds :(

hi folks.. wondering if yas can help... want to get a fitness dvd.... am on play.com right now... :D

i know people were talking about davinas one... just wondering what one is the best? there are loads!!!! haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Ali I was just coming on to write how I can't move this evening after doing a Davina DVD yesterday. I got her boxset last October. It has the 3 30 minute workouts and the power of 3 DVDs. Before yesterday I only did the 30 minute DVD which the pump section is great. Yesterday I tried the power of 3 which is an hour long and split into legs, upper body and abdominal. I only did the legs and I am in bits today. I read the reviews for this on amazon and people rave about how it changes their body shape. I'm raging that I haven't been doing it all this time :mad: I'm hoping it'll be my miracle cure for my tree chunks :rolleyes: I also hear her new DVD is supposed to be really good as well so I'm thinking of getting that one as well so I can alternate between the two. The only thing is, and I say this applies to any workout DVD, is that you would have to do about 3 times a week in order for it to work.

I've had a very bad last few days. Tuesday was pancakes, yesterday was 2 more pancakes plus chocolate and then today was literally everything that a person on WW should not be eating :mad: I feel so sick but I have decided to give up chocolate for lent even though I am starting 2 days late :rolleyes: I'm hoping it'll shake up the weight loss and between that and the DVD I'll finally get closer to where I want to be. I know I seem to say that a lot but I am sick of feeling like this so its time to make a change permanently for the better. Sorry for the long rant, just wanted to get it off my chest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Cheeky_gal wrote: »

I'm so shocked, because this week I totally went out of control, I had a chinese 2 nights in a row, a chipper, and a giant cookie literally every day :confused:

I'm beginning to get quite stressed tbh, Its been 3 weeks and all I have lost is 2 and a half pounds :(

Well it has really only being 2 weeks because you weighed in for the first time on the first week (or am I getting it wrong?). Also, 2.5lb over 2 weeks is more than 1lb a week which is good especially seeing as you had all the junk.

Have to agree with Monife on this... 2.5lb is a very sustainable loss.

I have to say, I am a wagon for the chinese myself, but you really need to think about even cutting it down to one takeaway per week (maybe after WI) or at least working your takeaway into your dailies/ weeklies in order to see consistently good numbers on the scales. I usually go for some kinda naughty food on a Wednesday evening after my WI.. I use the rest of my dailies for Wednesday and any over flow comes out of the weeklies for the coming week, that way I still get the things I want I just make up for it for the rest of the week, I think most people are the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Happy Friday everyone!

I had my WI at home this morning and STS which is good considering I've been bold!

I've given up wine for lent (sniff) so I'm hoping that will help me to kickstart a 7lb weight loss for Easter - fingers crossed!!

I've realised that I really need to be drinking more water so gonna try to make a conscious effort to do that too - I've been reading up on how to shift belly fat and apparently it's cardio, less calories and LOTS of water - really hope to get rid of the saggy bits!!!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Hi All,

Had 3rd WI yesterday and STS. I know I should be happy that it's not a gain but I think I deserved a loss of even a pound because although I was sick, I was good food wise and even managed to exercise 4 days:(
    Ah well, I have lost 7.5 over 3 weeks so I am happy with my loss overall.

I am heading away for the weekend today and am sure I will have a gain next week. I am going with the OH and when we go away it usually involves the majority of our time sitting in the pub watching the football and consuming a LOT of alcohol :o I am going to try make good food choices and limit the drinking to the evenings.

I got the filling and healthy book at WI yesterday and really want to try it beacause it would be great to have a couple of days a week where you dont have to count. However, I don't think I would be able to trust myself to know when to stop eating.

Has anyone else tried this and if so, how did u get on??

Cheers:D

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

I'm the same Boop! Kinda scared of the F&H days, don't think I'd be able for them! Going back to the old points system next week, pp just isn't working for me. Hope to see some pounds being shifted!

I would be happy with that to be honest, you did well with 1/2 down if you were as bad as you think :) your better off losing a pound a week! that's what I aim for, I would be careful this week in case all the naughty food catches up!

Boop22 wrote: »
    I got the filling and healthy book at WI yesterday and really want to try it beacause it would be great to have a couple of days a week where you dont have to count. However, I don't think I would be able to trust myself to know when to stop eating.

Has anyone else tried this and if so, how did u get on??

Cheers:D

I'm terrified of filling and healthy too - I know i wouldnt be able to stop when full. I eat way too fast and even though I have slowed down loads it is still too fast.

And I know I am not meant to say this but I love that really really full feeling - and I usually get it from eating loads of veg and properly portioned carbs and protein. I am trying to train myself off it but because of this filling and healthy is def not for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭user37

i've noticed alot of talk on here this last few days about chinese takeaways! i alway get dry fried chicken chow mein but have no idea how to point it. i know one od the books says 9pp or sumthing (but lets face it, i'm thinking more 20pp). What way does anyone else point there chineses.......!!!

Also, i dont drink every week, but when i do (usually a bottle of wine of a sat night) i'm always up on the weekly thursday weigh-in , does this happen anyone else..

• Advertisement

Quick one - does anyone know how to make a low fat chocolate icing for cupcakes not using philidelphia.

I made the chocolate cherry cupcakes from teh complete kitchen book and both myself and the OH did not like the icing (philidelphia based) and I need to make something else for them. Bringing them too book club tonight so need them to be good!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement