Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I hate those stupid groups as well. Hope you're okay Acoshla. xx

Thanks guys, not ok at all actually, very upset, I was so proud of myself today and now I feel like a fool, I've been picked up completely wrong and I'm really angry and hurt. Just wish I could disappear, hate this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Acoshla wrote: »
    People deciding I'm lying, when I value honesty very, very highly, and talking about me behind my back in that wonderful invention that is secret groups on facebook.

I hate that whole secret group thing on facebook, in fact I hate a lot of things about facebook
    bluewolf wrote: »
    it is almost a biscuit cake
    i thought it said make 16... turns out it meant make 16 x 2 :o:o

damn it, i had them done with pretty swirls and all

.... I will eats.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I hate self righteous bitches who set out to upset you :(

I hope you're okay Acoshla. Some people have so little going for themselves they go out of their way to try and knock other people down to feel some how better about their own sad lives. Ugh twisted ****, it makes me so angry :mad: You are amazing at what you do anybody who has seen your work would testify to that. Don't let the haters get you down girl x

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Facebook is the work of the devil (if there was one). It's why I don't bother using it very often. And even then it's only to make contact with friends/family elsewhere in the world.

I'm sorry people are being sh*tty, Acoshla. But don't quit your job. You're amazing at what you do, don't let anyone take it away from you.

*hugs*

Thanks guys, not ok at all actually, very upset, I was so proud of myself today and now I feel like a fool, I've been picked up completely wrong and I'm really angry and hurt. Just wish I could disappear, hate this.

Acoshla I hate hearing you talk like that, I think you're one of the strongest women in this thread. You've always come across so confident, don't let those b**ches get to you. You're far too good to let them upset you.
    I can't imagine what they said to make you feel that way but I know you wouldn't have deserved it.
    You just hold your head high missus, you're in the paper! Your business (you made yourself!!) is booming and I've never ever seen anyone as good with cake as you (and and I have an extensive interest in cake and have done much research into the subject!)

• Advertisement

I knew somebody'd say that I always seem like the strong/happy one in here, it does take a lot to upset me, boyfriend currently has no idea what to do with the sobbing mess in the corner, I just want to be left alone but with you guys :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Ugh, people can be such assholes on Facebook. Those saddos know they'll never have that kind of talent so they try to take down others instead. Don't let them win!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Don't let those b**ches get to you Acoshla. They're clearly jealous of your talent and you shouldn't let them take it away from you. Don't quit. Those people who are badmouthing you have nothing better to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

My Grandad is a little famous because he fought in the Spanish Civil War, and Christy wrote a song about it and put a dedication in a book for him, his children and grandchildren, that me :D

I'm proud of all the things my Grandad did and people are always telling me how great it was. But I'll always remember him as my Grandad who lived with us and gave me Werthers and turkish delight and told funny stories and loved Live at 3 and Mr Bean! I loved having my grandparents with us growing up, we were really close. Him and Nanny were just great characters! So friendly and funny.

Thats amazing! I grew up with my grandparents living with us too. My grandad died when I was 17 and I've always regretted not asking more about his early life- he had such an hard yet interesting life. He's featured in a number of sort of local history books, one of was quite successful further afield. It used to be such a strange feeling going into Hogges Figgis when I was living in Dublin and seeing this book being promoted, with a really evocative chapter about my grandad in it. I often wondered what he would have made of it- I don't think he ever travelled as far as Dublin in his life! It's lovely to know what an impression he made on other people though and to imagine him as a young man living in a totally different time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Right now I feel like quitting this stupid f*cking job and working somewhere that nobody knows my name. I hate it, and I hate women, they are horrible, conniving, vindinctive cows, more brutal than any man would ever be.

They'd get to know your name eventually, you can't hide cakes like that! Seriously though, that's really crap, those people are clearly stupid. And don't ever deserve cake.
    Black Oil wrote: »
    You need to forget about most of the web address. For clips, it's usually the bit after the 'v' in the link that you need to wrap in Youtube tags.

p3wXyyE4_m0

Place in between the Youtube tags and it should work like this.

Felt I had to watch this after all the efforts to post it, but...
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I knew somebody'd say that I always seem like the strong/happy one in here, it does take a lot to upset me, boyfriend currently has no idea what to do with the sobbing mess in the corner, I just want to be left alone but with you guys :o

Twats.

No surprise that the jealousy-fairies visited them today when your success started to make them feel inadequate. Cowering together in a little coven of insecure bitches.

They'll always be miserable, you'll feel better in the morning.

BTW, my best friend told me to tell you that she normally hates chocolate biscuit cake but the one you made is one of the nicest cakes (in general) she's ever tasted in her life. So there you go, you awesome thing.

*tries to cheer up Acoshla*

.....eh.....

oh I know!!

Dancing cat makes feels betters?

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Twats.

No surprise that the jealousy-fairies visited them today when your success started to make them feel inadequate. Cowering together in a little coven of insecure bitches.

They'll always be miserable, you'll feel better in the morning.

BTW, my best friend told me to tell you that she normally hates chocolate biscuit cake but the one you made is one of the nicest cakes (in general) she's ever tasted in her life. So there you go, you awesome thing.

DK your post is going to be copied and pasted and printed out for moments like this, thank you.

bubblefett wrote: »
    *tries to cheer up Acoshla*

.....eh.....

oh I know!!

Dancing cat makes feels betters?

Ye actually know me better than my real life friends to, that is my favourite video ever :o

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

Oh, and I have a date tomorrow!:eek::D In my head a little me is running round in circles flapping my arms and shrieking, Homer Simpson style, but on the outside I'm holding it together!

It's an internet person so I've never actually met him, but he's cute and we've been messaging for a while and seem to have lots to talk about. I have a good feeling about it so fingers crossed for me- I haven't been on a date I've actually been enthusiastic about in way too long so this is a lovely feeling, even if nothing comes of it. I am maybe not as cynical and world-weary as I was starting to fear!

This made me smile, some achievement:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Semele wrote: »
    Oh, and I have a date tomorrow!:eek::D In my head a little me is running round in circles flapping my arms and shrieking, Homer Simpson style, but on the outside I'm holding it together!

It's an internet person so I've never actually met him, but he's cute and we've been messaging for a while and seem to have lots to talk about. I have a good feeling about it so fingers crossed for me- I haven't been on a date I've actually been enthusiastic about in way too long so this is a lovely feeling, even if nothing comes of it. I am maybe not as cynical and world-weary as I was starting to fear!

Oh that's really exciting Semele! I hope it goes well! :D

My attempt at cheering up Acoshla..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

People deciding I'm lying, when I value honesty very, very highly, and talking about me behind my back in that wonderful invention that is secret groups on facebook.

Ugh this makes me angry! My "friends" have barely been in touch with me since I moved, and I did make a good effort! So I left our private group cause it was upsetting me and none of them have spoken to me for a week. Bet they are having a discussion about it in the group. People just need to learn to say stuff to your face!

You have a right to be upset but be proud that you are a better person than them. Making assumptions about strangers here, but they must have a kinda sad life if thats how they choose to spend their time and get their kicks. You just keep doing what you love and what you are great at! I call jealousy!
    Semele wrote: »
    Thats amazing! I grew up with my grandparents living with us too. My grandad died when I was 17 and I've always regretted not asking more about his early life- he had such an hard yet interesting life. He's featured in a number of sort of local history books, one of was quite successful further afield. It used to be such a strange feeling going into Hogges Figgis when I was living in Dublin and seeing this book being promoted, with a really evocative chapter about my grandad in it. I often wondered what he would have made of it- I don't think he ever travelled as far as Dublin in his life! It's lovely to know what an impression he made on other people though and to imagine him as a young man living in a totally different time!

Aw thats so nice! My grandad died when I was 11 and it wasn't until I was older I really knew how important he was. Wish I had been mature enough to ask him all about it when he was alive. But I wrote my history special topic on him in 6th year. It was so great to finally read his book and the others about him and his comerades. And it's been nice growing up and meeting people who knew him and what a great man he was. To me he was just my funny grandad!

I loved history. Would have loved to do in college, but again never would have gotten a job! I found my meme today, it's exactly as boring as it should be.

Accountants.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Women are bitches. I've been saying it for years.

Acoshla, as my dad always says, FTB - fcuk the begrudgers. I know it doesn't help right now when you're still so shocked and hurt, but it will, believe me. Fcuk them all.

And here's another cat video to try and cheer you up:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

how NOT to make viennese whirls

DSC00310.jpg

by the time i got to the "filling" i was like "fcuk this, i'm not cleaning that fcuking piping bag AGAIN"
    so the finished product looks like:

DSC00311.jpg

i dont think ill be a rival for acoshla anytime soon :D:D

they taste gorgeous anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luppy

I love my bed,makes me so happy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Back to college in the morning. I sure will miss my bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I really hate Facebook. But I actually can't live without it right now. Most of the college events are only announced through the Student Union Facebook pages, and friends here will use it as the only medium to invite people to things. So I need to have it right now to go out and meet people.

A lot of things on it were upsetting me in the last few months, like seeing friends organising get togethers and I hadn't been invited. So what I did was I deleted and blocked these girls. They got really mad and asked why, so I told them and they never spoke to me again :confused: All they needed to do to fix the situation was to start including me again, but sorry deleting someone you barely see anymore is a deal breaker apparently. Stupid website rules the world. I had invited them to my going away and stuff trying to mend things, they didn't even bother to text me back.

I finally got around to sticking up some photos around my room I have lived in a month and a half now! Pictures on my dog, sister, and boyfriend right next to my bed. My "friends" behind the bed, so I barely see them, and my brothers and parents on the opposite wall, so I can see them but they are far away :pac:

Betty Crocker scented candles lit :cool: Room smells like pie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I wish I had a gun so I could shoot down all the fake and phoney assholes in college. I'm stuck there 'til 2013. Someone please just kill me now.

Only watching the Dancing On Ice skate-off now. Poor Sebastien :( My heart really went out to him.

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Only watching the Dancing On Ice skate-off now. Poor Sebastien :( My heart really went out to him.

What happened him?

Bluewolf cleaning piping bags should be outlawed, so annoying and IMPOSSIBLE to do! Thanks everyone, ye've made me feel loads better, less sobbing into cushion now, more smiling at cat videos and nice boardsies :)

It is funny though how people get so freaked out when I get upset, I text my friend and told her there were tears, made her very uneasy! I once had a friend beg me to stop crying (I was in pain) because it was upsetting him to see me cry, because I never cry!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i left the nozzle blocked, filled the rest with hot soapy water
    squish

cleaned it out pretty well

still dont wanna do it again ha ha

that magic machine is pretty handy i have to admit, the thermomix

It is funny though how people get so freaked out when I get upset, I text my friend and told her there were tears, made her very uneasy!

Here's your sister. STBEH has said that he could actually count on one hand the number of times he saw me cry in seven years. The irony - that's part of why he's leaving me, and I haven't fcuking stopped crying since.

Sebastien
    ended up in the skate-off and forgot his programme halfway through. He just gave up and bawled his eyes out. It was very upsetting to watch. Chemmy was crying, Katarina was crying, he was inconsolable. It was awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

found out im having a baby girl today! and she sure is pretty :-)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Acoshla, I've only met you briefly once, before I ever connected you with your cakes, and you came across as a very confident, honest and bubbly person. Also I am in awe of your talent, your creativitiy is amazing. :)

I also read the article earlier today and I thought you came across as a talented professional with lots of lovely things happening in your personal and professional future. You work hard and deserve that success. Every bit.

It is no surprise that these horrible people said this on the same day you get an amazing write-up in a national newspaper. It smacks of jealousy and insecurity and says more about them than all the things they could ever try to say about you. They are threatened because they know that in such a short time, you have built up a successful business and a great reputation for quality and talent in what you do.

Vent and get upset all you need for now, but remember who's talent got read about by thousands of people today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement