Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

I feel bad that people don't feel like they can post here anymore. That said, though, I can see how it's changed and I have a bit of a love/hate thing with it sometimes.

I'd like to think we're welcoming to newcomers though :o

I know people were talking about this yesterday, and I missed it (sorry if this is dragging it up again mods, delete if needs be). I was around (mostly lurking!) when the chat/emotions thread merge thing happened, and I do see the cliques thing, but as I think Edna said, so what? Cliques don't have to be bad! I don't post very often here, but I read every day (I'm a big creep) and show my housemate all the cake photos and have never felt unwelcome - I've very very rarely seen nastiness here, which was more the case a few years ago I think.

My 2c...:o I just really like this thread, if I've had a bad day it cheers me up and if I've had a good day it's nice to cheer others up or just see what everyone's up to.
    Semele wrote: »
    I read that a while ago! It was just about the only book belonging to my flatmate that I hadnt tried yet. Was utter tripe. I'm coming round to the idea of some chick-lit (tried Marian Keyes after my post here a couple of weeks ago and liked it, also quite liked a Harriet Evans novel I got free with a magazine) but this was formulaic, patronising sh*te.

I hate the fact that some people think being "quirky" and infantile is the best way to make a female character interesting or engaging. The main character in that was vapid, idiotic and self-obsessed, yet we're meant to be on her side???

Edit: I do not consider Bridget Jones to be chick-lit. Bridget Jones is a comedic masterpiece and I will not hear otherwise!

Ditto on Bridget Jones, and I actually don't include Marian Keyes in it either - her book covers are all fluffy sparkles but the content is often really serious. I've never cried at chick lit, MK's books are properly upsetting sometimes!

Shopaholic and baby was the one of that series I read. Awful. Really really dreadful. Switch your mind off before reading, otherwise it may melt.

Bubblefett, hope your gran is okay, and you and the rest of your family. It must've been so frightening, well done on how you coped with it! Also the cake is soooooo pretty!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ditto on Bridget Jones, and I actually don't include Marian Keyes in it either - her book covers are all fluffy sparkles but the content is often really serious. I've never cried at chick lit, MK's books are properly upsetting sometimes!
    I know! 'Rachel's Holiday' has purple cover with a deck chair and sunglasses on it- it's about someone in rehab recovering from drug/alcohol abuse after an overdose.
    'This Charming Man' has a sparkly pink cover and is about domestic violence.

After all my typing practice, I can now type at... 17 WPM. Go me!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

For me, it's up there with toddlers and tiaras.. there's just something inherently creepy about it all.

It's HILARIOUS!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

New Loungelight thread, get yourselves to the private forum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Went ahead and ordered my dress for the Leinster Ball. And, of course, now I want it IMMEDIATELY.

Hope I don't get stung for duty at Customs, apparently they're stopping friggin' everything these days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Mars Bar wrote: »

:eek:

Scary.

Fishie wrote: »
    New Loungelight thread, get yourselves to the private forum!

Is anyone allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Oh god MarsBar..............that was gas!!!:D

I watched it one night and there was a 'mare of a child on it..
    I'll head to Youtube and see if I can find her..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Is anyone allowed?

Only girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

shinikins wrote: »
    Ooh nice (poo coloured) boots Seomra!!! Where'd ya get them?

Schuh! Got them on sale, E40, suede with fleece lining. Super comf. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Kiera wrote: »

For good reasons! The "Post yourself in your underwear" thread is sacred.

Oh god, this one did my head in!!!:eek:

We seem to be experiencing technical difficulties at the moment so please wait while we fix the problem.......Thank you for your patience.......

EDIT: I'm still a n00bie when it comes to uploading videos:o

Those French knickers really suited you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Those French knickers really suited you!

I preferred the crotchless thong myself...

Have to say, Dancing on Ice has completely changed my opinion of Jennifer Ellison; she seems like a really nice person. Plus, she's not afraid to go on national television with no make-up on.

Honey-ec wrote: »
    I preferred the crotchless thong myself...
    Is that even possible? OUCHY!

Ooops, fail :P

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

My Gran is going into the nursing home tomorrow morning. It's sad to think that tonight is the last time she's going to sleep in her own bed. Her house just isn't going to be the same now, I still don't know if I'll go back. :(

Godamn it.....It won't work for me:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I hate self righteous bitches who set out to upset you :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,206 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

You need to forget about most of the web address. For clips, it's usually the bit after the 'v' in the link that you need to wrap in Youtube tags.

p3wXyyE4_m0

Place in between the Youtube tags and it should work like this.

Godamn it.....It won't work for me:(
    I tried to do it but it wouldnt let me. Its a borked link (defo not our fault :P)
    Acoshla wrote: »

On FB?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    My Gran is going into the nursing home tomorrow morning. It's sad to think that tonight is the last time she's going to sleep in her own bed. Her house just isn't going to be the same now, I still don't know if I'll go back. :(

That's really tough Jane, is her house empty when she moves or are family staying there? At least she's going to a place where she'll have loads of company, people taking care of her and comfort. I remember my Grandpa saying he was happy he had a "live in chef" in the nursing home when he moved in, never had to cook a meal for himself again
    What happened?? *hugs*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

this recipe is supposed to make 32 biscuits
    i have made 12

and i think it expands when baking

oops? :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The the the the the the whaaaaatttt now ? :eek:

Right now I feel like quitting this stupid f*cking job and working somewhere that nobody knows my name. I hate it, and I hate women, they are horrible, conniving, vindinctive cows, more brutal than any man would ever be.

Right now I feel like quitting this stupid f*cking job and working somewhere that nobody knows my name. I hate it, and I hate women, they are horrible, conniving, vindinctive cows, more brutal than any man would ever be.

What happened?

What happened?

People deciding I'm lying, when I value honesty very, very highly, and talking about me behind my back in that wonderful invention that is secret groups on facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

bluewolf wrote: »
    this recipe is supposed to make 32 biscuits
    i have made 12

and i think it expands when baking

oops? :D

Biscuit cake!!!

Oh god, what happened?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

it is almost a biscuit cake
    i thought it said make 16... turns out it meant make 16 x 2 :o:o

damn it, i had them done with pretty swirls and all

acoshla that's stupid and you're awesome
    i can come over there and throw failed cakes at them if you like

People deciding I'm lying, when I value honesty very, very highly, and talking about me behind my back in that wonderful invention that is secret groups on facebook.

Are you serious? What dicks. Feck them, Acoshla.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

bubblefett wrote: »
    That's really tough Jane, is her house empty when she moves or are family staying there? At least she's going to a place where she'll have loads of company, people taking care of her and comfort. I remember my Grandpa saying he was happy he had a "live in chef" in the nursing home when he moved in, never had to cook a meal for himself again.

My uncle is living there but he's been so spoilt all his life that he has no bloody idea how to live in the real world. He's the one that really wanted her in there. He got his way but in the end it's probably going to backfire and bite him in the a**e. Dreading tomorrow. She really has no idea what's going on. She doesn't even know what time of the year it is really at this stage because the Alzheimer's is so advanced. :(

I hate those stupid groups as well. Hope you're okay Acoshla. xx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement