Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I can't believe a mod called it the disability 'saga'. Mat Fraser (David) has no doubt seen and heard a billion times worse in his real life - no one insulted him on this thread in my opinion. There are posters who have taken almost every insult and negative comment on this and previous FC threads SO personally that one would have to wonder if they are personally involved with the soap in their 'real' lives. And so what if they are? If they only admitted that they were, it might explain their extreme reactions to negativity on this thread.

Anyhow..let's move on.

I take it back. The scripting for David was abysmal tonight...he is supposed to be an intelligent, compassionate man who cares so much about the world, that he went off to save lives somewhere..and he strolls back into suzannes life, after rejecting her pregnancy, as if nothing has happened:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Fittle wrote: »
    I can't believe a mod called it the disability 'saga'.

I didn't mean to cause offense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Mr E wrote: »
    I didn't mean to cause offense.
    Its ok I like to be offended , im weird like that .

• Registered Users Posts: 85,184 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I lol'd at Damo saying Suzanne's baby could be like Katie Taylor (boxer)

So Emily knows Lucy, I wonder has Lucy got kids already remember her face when Dolores said she'd like grandkids one day and maybe Lucy's kids are a foster care

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Maryanne40

I must say I find the original post made by el Diablo offensive and ignorant. I say this as a woman who lost a leg in a road traffic accident as a teenager; it may surprise you el Diablo that I have never been short of a man in my life....good looking high achieving men even!!....I have given birth to and raised 3 children who are now successful young adults and I have managed to work in a professional sphere throughout all that time as well.

el Diablo, you need to lose the 1950's attitudes and join us all in the 21st century.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

No offence intended by my comments last night. Never thought they'd open a can of worms. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

So Emily knows Lucy, I wonder has Lucy got kids already remember her face when Dolores said she'd like grandkids one day and maybe Lucy's kids are a foster care

Didnt you just complain about david getting stick ? Then saying it was funny damo said his daughter could be a boxer?
    Maybe Im missing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I think Damo's sister Laura looks so like Katie Taylor

im not sure where Lucy thing is going, she defo used to be in care, Im beginning to think that there is no real connection to Delerous, but who knows:D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,184 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

cloptrop wrote: »
    Didnt you just complain about david getting stick ? Then saying it was funny damo said his daughter could be a boxer?
    Maybe Im missing something.

:confused:

It was funny since Suzanne used to batter Damo

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Maryanne40

el diablo....maybe a can of worms that needed opening...and airing!! The shocking thing is that we are all just a split second away from disability.

No major offence taken really....I'm just stirring it a bit :)

Thanks for reply.

• Advertisement

:confused:

It was funny since Suzanne used to batter Damo

Oh rite im so sorry .
    I took you up wtong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

David wouldn't have gotten that role if it wasn't for his disability, IMO.

Insensitive as it is of whoever to make childish remarks, I don't think they deserved the amount of flak they got. Saying his disabilty has nothing to do with his role is rubbish.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Saying his disabilty has nothing to do with his role is rubbish.

Did anybody say that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 etc3

The photo frame from Lucy must have been the creepiest pressie I've ever seen.
    Imagine being in Dublin city centre, you have a world of shops around you, brown thomas, the best designer names, spoiled for choice. What do you do you pick a photo frame for your friend and personally place all the photos of her family who all died in tragic ways.
    eerie. What is with the distant, blank stare Lucy gives every so often. What is up there? There is really no clue available at all. Anyway, I just hope that it becomes a good old story for us viewers when it develops-eventually.

It is a pity that Esther doesn't try and meddle in the lucy story. I'd be very grateful. Did I see a flash of the old Suzanne in the last scene? Perhaps, David is lucky not to get back with her? Damien has the scars so he should be well advised not to get on her wrong side.

David's disability is part of this. Remember the plot at the beginning, the thalimide issue (sorry, wrong spelling). There has been enough upset caused here and the loss of another person here already because of the unkind remarks. Lets park it now. Angel is going to be missed. Come back again please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If someone knows Angel, can they email her if they are able to contact her? Can't the powers of persuasion be put to use. Moderator job on offer Angel, Please apply or words to that effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Surely Dolores should have copped on by now that Lucy is a bit odd. Constantly bringing up the topic of her dead children is not normal.

Imagine if Lucy tried that with Carol and kept talking to her her dead son Lorcan. She might get away with it once, perhaps even twice but by the third time she'd end up wearing an ashtray or whatever other implement Carol found within easy reach. :pac:

Well I think Pete and Laura are aware that Lucy is a bit odd. From the clip shown, I think Laura will persuade Damien too. Eventually, the penny will drop. The amount of time given to Lucy has increased so I think her story will be revealed over the next while. She has attracted huge attention to the spectacle of her oddself tonight with her delivery of the photo pressie. The plot thickens............................. I hope!

The exchange with Emily was quite odd also. Emily seemed quite distant with her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

It seemed as if everybody was hypnotised tonight when Lucy gave Dolores that present, except for Laura. Looks like Carrigstown is turning into Stepford. Laura had better watch out, Lucy will be coming for her next.

By the way, isn't it strange that a couple of new accounts have popped up out of nowhere in the past 12 hours, both with the same intentions and opinions?? :confused:

etc3 wrote: »
    If someone knows Angel, can they email her if they are able to contact her? Can't the powers of persuasion be put to use. Moderator job on offer Angel, Please apply or words to that effect.

I think if angel modded this thread there would be 3 people on it within a week . All of them employed by fair city.

She has also found out that Bob lost his son?

I wonder if she is related to Ross, (he was having the affair with Sgt. Byrne's ex-wife, a teacher. Her daughter was babysitting Jessica and was with Ross the night the child took the ectasy and died)Ross is the fellow that Harry Molloy killed and it was never brought to trial because Harry took his own life.) Is Lucy out to get her form of justice or something. Just a thought.

Is Lucy not the one who got Lorraines eyes in the transplant

Emily didn't overdo it with the friendly manner.

Have you a query with my new account? If so, take it up with Mr. E. If you wish to report any poster that is the guideline for queries. You didn't know me in my previous ids either. I assume you made up your username. If I was a paid subscriber I would have the option of changing my username. As it happens I don't pay so deal with it Harry Angstrom or whatever your name really is. You can use my current id if you wish to comment on my posts. It is etc3. I don't owe you any explanation for my reasons for closing accounts, creating new ones or simply suddenly not making comments on boards.ie. c'est la vie. Now back to discussing Fair City which is what this thread is for, or at least should be for.

For a newbie you seem very very attached to Angel... And isn't it a little premature to be offering her a moderator position on her return?

I don't frequent this forum a lot but I for one wouldn't post with such a hysterical moderator. I think a moderator needs to look at situations impartially and storming off hysterically upset because one was disagreed with isn't the sign of a stable moderator.

Just my opinion.

Isn't backseat modding against pretty much every charter on the boards forum? Pretending to be someone else petitioning your own return under a moderator status is pretty sad, to be honest.

Anybody else uncomfortable being under backseat mod ship?

I didn't offer a position of moderator at all to Angel, just to clarify it for you.
    As you might grasp, I am not a moderator or a newbie. My username is new so get used to it. As regards Angel, you would have to be living under a rock for the last while on this thread not to see that she was one of the most popular members of the thread of Fair City. Mr. E himself felt that Angel was a great asset to the forum and helped the moderators keep the trollers and spiteful posters at bay. He also felt she would be a very good moderator. His words, not mine. Your opinion that Angel is a "Hysterical moderator" and as an infrequent user anyway you would not contribute much here is uninteresting to me. The reason for this being that your posts are only one now and again and Angel ain't here as a poster or moderator, hysterical or otherwise.

I didn't offer a position of moderator at all to Angel, just to clarify it for you.
    As you might grasp, I am not a moderator or a newbie. My username is new so get used to it. As regards Angel, you would have to be living under a rock for the last while on this thread not to see that she was one of the most popular members of the thread of Fair City. Mr. E himself felt that Angel was a great asset to the forum and helped the moderators keep the trollers and spiteful posters at bay. He also felt she would be a very good moderator. His words, not mine. Your opinion that Angel is a "Hysterical moderator" and as an infrequent anyway you would not contribute much here. Well, Angel is not here so the issue is a non-issue isn't it!

If angel gets a moderator job I would like permission to set up our own thread where she doesnt have modding powers. I mean no ill will to angel but I cant hit dislike on a post here.
    If anyone else feels this way please thank this post to show Etc 1 2 and 3 there are other opinions here apart from her own.

• Advertisement

If you wish I will close my account and I will not be back and you with your sharp eye will never have to read my posts and style of writing ever again. I will oblige. Well what is your choice storminateacup and fans?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement