Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2012 **READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 maddie333

BritBrit wrote: »
    Chemistry DEB? Please? :confused::eek::confused:
    If you get it can i have it please?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Can anyone tell me what in the name of God
    Structures of Deformation
    are in the Geography DEB HL?

I've never come across the terms before and I'm assuming I'm just being really stupid and it's something extremely obvious. :P
    Hi, I did DEB Geography a week ago
    and Stuctures of Deformation are basically the impact of the actions of folding and faulting on the landscape, what landscapes they form, examples, diagrams etc.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭kayleigh01

Hi, I did DEB Geography a week ago
    and Stuctures of Deformation are basically the impact of the actions of folding and faulting on the landscape, what landscapes they form, examples, diagrams etc.
    :D

Any chance you can remember what the biome questions were?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 MaKay182

any spoilers for home ec OL Deb? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 MaKay182

kayleigh01 wrote: »
    Any chance you can remember what the biome questions were?

i heard it was the
    effect of climate!
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭kayleigh01

MaKay182 wrote: »
    i heard it was the
    effect of climate
    ! :)

You might want to spoiler that last post! :P
    Thank you though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Lamph

spurious wrote: »
    Go look up copyright laws.

Unless there is some kind of consequence for the people running the forum on which the link appears, (and i doubt there would be...) then there is no need to disallow the post...

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

Lamph wrote: »
    Unless there is some kind of consequence for the people running the forum on which the link appears, (and i doubt there would be...) then there is no need to disallow the post...

DEB/Examcraft produce mock papers under expense and then sell them for a thing called money. You've heard of that, right? Well, this money is in very high demand by these companies. Lets say DEB was to produce all the papers and have them all ready to be sold. One person buys all the papers for themselves for some reason. Still with me? Good, because you're not stupid at all, I think..

What happens next is the person who bought all these papers posts every single one of them in this thread. Instead of everyone else in the country buying the papers, they download them here for free. DEB now have paid a huge amount to produce these papers and they will not get their money back. Now, do you think that DEB will be happy about this?

What happens next is DEB sues boards.ie for a lot of money for this thing we've already mentioned called "copyright". (Here's the wiki page for it so you can learn all about this extremely complicated thing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright)

Boards would be liable for DEB's losses as they've permitted copyrighted material to be posted and redistributed on their forums. So yes, there is a reason to disallow the post. It's common sense.

And if you think this post was condescending and patronising then you are completely right, it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Orlie.ie

thank god im finished ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Lamph wrote: »
    You know something?

Boards tries to stay within the law, and it doesn't allow users to use the site to break the law.

You'll find that the above was covered in the Terms and Conditions you signed up to when you registered.

And yes, funnily enough, there tends to be consequences for those who break the law.

And I gave a brief explanation of the law in this regard earlier in the thread:
    Thanks, I didn't realise that this could turn into a legal dispute, because technically you own your mock because well, you paid 100 euro for them
    Yes and no (like many legal questions, I'm afraid!).

Think of it this way:

If you buy a textbook in the shop for €40, you own it. You can give it to someone else, you can even sell it second-hand.

You can't legally photocopy or scan it however, and reproduce it and pass it on that way. In fact, if you look inside the cover, somewhere in the first few pages there is likely to be a paragraph which starts "All rights reserved" and says somewhere in there something like: "no part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise ...".

For the purposes of the law, the original buyer agrees to these restrictions when s/he buys it, and even if it is sold second-hand or indeed given to you for nothing, you by buying / accepting agree to these restrictions too.

This is the essence of how copyright works. And the same basic restrictions apply to something like the Mocks papers, whether you have paid for them or not.
    So let's leave it there, please, and get back on topic.

This is not the Rebel Without a Cause forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭leavingcert.

KEEP
    CALM

AND
    CARRY
    ON

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Sean161

Can anyone help me with Higher Level Maths DEB papers please??! I can give hints on other subjects in return!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Sean161

Can anyone help me with Higher Level Maths BEB Paper 1 please?! i would be greatful if ye could help me out?! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 MartieG

Hi Guys and Girls,

I've done my HL French Listening paper before the MidTerm and one of the sections was about
    a dog and their trainer and how they communicate together.
    Can anybody tell me is this paper Examcraft or DEB paper ?

Please Please Please let me know which one it is?

SPOILERS PLEASE - Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭silversky

MartieG wrote: »
    Hi Guys and Girls,

I've done my HL French Listening paper before the MidTerm and one of the sections was about
    a dog and their trainer and how they communicate together.
    Can anybody tell me is this paper Examcraft or DEB paper ?

Please Please Please let me know which one it is?

I did all examcraft and that's not the examcraft French listening. It's most likely DEBS.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Britney_Spears

Can someone help me with OL Irish DEB deatiled question please? Xx

silversky wrote: »
    I did all examcraft and that's not the examcraft French listening. It's most likely DEBS.

Thanks Silversky - Are you sure ? There was also something like a
    short last section about people being arrested ?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭silversky

MartieG wrote: »
    Thanks Silversky - Are you sure ? There was also something like a
    short last section about people being arrested ?

I cant remember the last part but if there was something about
    Canicross (about dogs- like you said in previous post)
    in your listening then you are most definitely DEBS. Others have confirmed that :)

silversky wrote: »
    I cant remember the last part but if there was something about
    Canicross (about dogs- like you said in previous post)
    in your listening then you are most definitely DEBS. Others have confirmed that :)

Thanks Silversky :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭banana123

any of ye have maths , geog or business done? examcraft

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Hellothereu

hi, would you be able to send me the Q.4F
    (i think its eiceolai)
    for IRISH HL DEB ? would be much appreciated !:)

hey could u tell me what the an triail question was please? and the aiste for DEB! thank youu : )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

hey could u tell me what the an triail question was please? and the aiste for DEB! thank youu : )

Not sure about the An Triail question as I did A Thig Ná Tit Orm but two of the Aistí were:
    i) Beatha teanga í a labhairt
    ii) Fadhb idirnáisiúnta go bhfuil spéis agam inti

Not sure about the An Triail question as I did A Thig Ná Tit Orm but two of the Aistí were:
    i) Beatha teanga í a labhairt
    ii) Fadhb idirnáisiúnta go bhfuil spéis agam inti

okay thanks so much!!....: )

anyone help me with DEB HL geogrpahy!! so confused over it so much to learn!!....can anyone tell me about the regional questions and about the question on the concept of a region?also about the physical questions . is there something about
    effects of volcanoes
    on deb??....and the migration / overpopulation questions! any help at all please!

Syngates wrote: »
    This is the DEB i think
    Short questions:
    1)Outline 3 features of a partnership as a form of business ownership
    2)Distinguish between conciliation and arbitration as legal terms
    3)distinguish between P45 AND P60
    4)outline 3 benefits of electronic data interchange to a business
    5)(columns) Learn: collateral, debenture, preference hares, grants, equity capital
    6)Explain intrapreneurship + outline 2 benefits of intrapreneurship to a business
    7)explain role of data protection commissioner
    8)explain term indigenous firm, outline 2 ways they benefit irish economy
    9)calculate insurance company will pay, name principle of insurance that applies
    10) outline 2 functions of national consumer agency as established under consumer protection act 2007
    Q1.Co-operative relationship and competitive relationship between employer and employee and examples,two elements of a valid contract+ two ways to legally end a contract,ground for a legitimate trade dispute+functions of the LRC
    Q.5 Importance of communication among stakeholders, 2 types of leaders, ratios(net+gross profit margin, return on investment and comment on trends)
    Q.6 reasons why a business might expand except for sales(this might have been Q7), technologies influence on marketing, and benefits of market research
    Q7.4 internal sources of ideas for a business, stages in product development, what is performance appraisal and it's benefits
    the bits in questions 6 and 7 might mix, i don't know what was in which question but them are the questions I did, I found it handy enough!
    ABQ was, what is TQM and how it applies to this business, 2 elements of the marketing mix, would you recommend this partnership to form a private limited company or take out a long term loan , know the difference between equity and debt capital basically!
    that's all I know! If you have geography then that would be bliss! if you don't that's fine!

hey are u sure this was deb?? on the spreadsheet there seems to be different qs aswell as these and im really confused have mocks in a week and seriously stresed over business and i have deb paper

okay thanks so much!!....: )

by nay chance did u do german, business, geography deb HL? especially business and geog and german grammar....anything at all if u did these...if not thanks anyway!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 xxvickxx1

Hi guys,does anyone know which higher level geography paper this geology question is from :
    examine the general composition and characteristics of any one soil type that you have studied?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Britney_Spears

Please please please some one help with OL Irish I know what pos and storys are comin up but I need to know the questions

xxvickxx1 wrote: »
    Hi guys,does anyone know which higher level geography paper this geology question is from :
    examine the general composition and characteristics of any one soil type that you have studied?

DEB!!: ) im nearly sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 xxvickxx1

DEB!!: ) im nearly sure

Thanks so much :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement