Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2012 **READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LC2012repeat

It took about a month to get ours back when I first did my leaving cert!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 BusinessMocks

Business examcraft and DEB papers please?

All of the questions if you have them?would be really really appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 EzFitzHar

It took about a month to get ours back when I first did my leaving cert!

a month?? we're paying them money they should take a week tops!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭EmmetOT

Hey, could anyone PM me information on the American history essays in either of the history mocks? There isn't a lot of information on the spreadsheet with regard to those. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭leavingcert.

EzFitzHar wrote: »
    a month?? we're paying them money they should take a week tops!

well that's a bit ridiculous thinking that...by the time the school sends them away, examcraft/deb give them to their examiner, who will have other papers to correct, and then the examiner actually corrects them and sends them back? a week? really? we pay for the state exams and they take 2 months?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭zinfandel

Anyone got any more to add for Religion.
    This is what has been put up so far..
    SECTION A : THE SEARCH FOR MEANING AND VALUE
    Q1- Socrates or plato and how they're philosophies were important.
    - cosmologies- questions of life
    Q2- divine revelation in Christianity, Islam and Judaism
    -human experience

SECTION B: CHRISTIANITY: ORIGINS AND CONTEMPORARY CULTURE
    Q1- characteristics of the kingdom of god
    - Davidic, Prophet and Priestly Messiah

SECTION C: WORLD RELIGIONS
    -relationship between transcendent (GOD) and the human in Christianity + Judaism
    -comparison between either Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam with either Christianity or Judaism.

SPOILERS PLEASE! Read the first post!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Yeah I was thinking about 3 weeks? Maybe 2.5? Not 1 week though! That's crazy! For example, there's 65 people doing HL English in my year. Say for arguments sake they wrote 10 pages for Paper I, that would be at least 650 pages of script that the examiner has to correct! To do that throughly in a week would be impossible!

I was hoping to get them back about 27th February around. That's nearly 4 weeks after we started them! My Music Teacher is correcting our Music Listening and we did that on the 26th of Janurary so we should have that back when we go back to school after midterm seeing there's only 15 in the class!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭banana123

anyone know what probability came up inn examcraft maths p2 hl? hae french acc and irish in return if anyone wants them posted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lcxox

Does anyone have the DEBS HL geography paper? I BADLY NEED IT!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 tommyddd

applied maths anyone examcraft or deb desperate!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 BritBrit

zinfandel wrote: »
    Anyone got any more to add for Religion.
    This is what has been put up so far..
    Section A
    1(a) (i) Describe 2 philosophical ideas from either Socrates or Plato
    (ii) explain why these ideas were important in the development of philosophy
    (b) outline 2 cosmologies of modern science that give response to the great questions of life
    2(a) significance of divine revelation in Islam and Judaism
    (b) explain 2 of the religious interpretations of contemporary Human experience (aesthetic/ holy/ mystical/ poetic/ prophetic)

Section B
    (a) describe 4 characteristics of the kingdom of god as preached by jesus
    (b) explain the Jewish people's understanding of 2 of the expectations of the Messiah (Davidic/ priestly/ prophetic)

Section C
    (a) (i) describe the way in which the relationship between the transcendent and the human is portrayed in christianity and Judaism
    (ii) compare this relationship in Islam or Hinduism or Buddhism with christianity or Judaism
    (b) outline the origin, major beliefs and customs/ practices of members in:
    African trad religion OR NRM OR Bahai faith OR Chinese religion OR Sikhism

Section D
    (a) (i) explain the understanding of sin and reconciliation in one Christian tradition
    (ii) outline the understanding of moral failure in one non Christian tradition
    (b) outline the relationship between a religious tradition and civil law in one of the following: crime and punishment OR medical ethics OR politics and economics OR relationships and sexuality OR violence and war

Section E
    Investigate the accuracy of the statement "many theologians and scripture scholars argue that world religions are gender biased" with reference to the role of men and women in two of the following world religions:
    Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism, christianity

Section F
    (a) describe the main ideas of one commentator on religion and the environment
    (b) assess how one model of conflict resolution could be applied to a local or global situation today

Section G
    (a) describe how the life story of one mystic contributed tp the mystical tradition
    (b) compare the Buddhist and christian experiences of meditation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭BL1993

tommyddd wrote: »
    applied maths anyone examcraft or deb desperate!!!!
    I have examcraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭F9Devil

chemistry: theres only 2 in my class, so yes, we've finished the course a few weeks ago
    biology: not yet, but theres enough choice in the exam to avoid the **** you dont know once you have most of the course done. in fact, biology's ridiculously forgiving in that respect, much moreso than chemistry

Impressive, we're just finishing the course up now and it's taken two years.

PLEASE read the first post in this thread FULLY and CAREFULLY, thanks! - Mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mido4

anyone did english ordinary level ... was this poem
    Poppies in July
    in DEB or EXAMCRAFT

• Registered Users Posts: 19 basti2

Anyone have anything for HL Engineering and Technology , either deb or examcraft ???

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Lamph

Ok...

I read the OP and it shocked me...
    ...is this some kind of mini online version of the Nanny State?

This is just an internet forum.
    Why are ye getting high and mighty about the Pre-Leaving exams?

Why won't posts linking to scans of the papers be allowed here? What skin is it off your nose?

When things gets dictatorial like this, it only emphasises that there is a monopoly here... and it dries home the point that Boards.ie is in serious need of a credible rival...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,151 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Lamph wrote: »
    Ok...

Why won't posts linking to scans of the papers be allowed here? What skin is it off your nose?

When things gets dictatorial like this, it only emphasises that there is a monopoly here... and it dries home the point that Boards.ie is in serious need of a credible rival...

Go look up copyright laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭silversky

Ok...

What are you rambling on about?

Of course you can't scan copies of the mock papers up. Use your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

Ok...

Must.. not post.. comment.. which will most definitely lead to an.. infraction..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Must.. not post.. comment.. which will most definitely lead to an.. infraction..

Go on hit em'

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

... and it dries home the point that Boards.ie is in serious need of a credible rival...
    So go start one! ;)

DEEP BREATHS, Random!!

/massages shoulders soothingly

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mido4

anyone did english ordinary level ... was this poem
    Poppies in July
    in DEB or EXAMCRAFT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Cupcake1

lcxox wrote: »
    Does anyone have the DEBS HL geography paper? I BADLY NEED IT!

Please can some one give more specific questions like on the regions for geography and landforms etc
    Also does anyone have spefic question for ordinary Irish??? And biology section c! This will be greatly appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Cupcake1

MissLeanne wrote: »
    I have info on all mock 2012 exams both exam craft and debs. For info follow me on twitter <snip> and il post to you. Includes irish english maths french german biology geography accounting business home economics etc

<mod>How about you post them here instead?</mod>

Please post dem here! Wat bout de people who don't have twitter! (I do but still)

since we're all online now and fighting and stuff can someone give us a hand with a few papers? :P

anyone know what geometry came up on hl maths p2?? it not on spreadsheet. (examcraft)

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

Can anyone tell me what in the name of God
    Structures of Deformation
    are in the Geography DEB HL?

I've never come across the terms before and I'm assuming I'm just being really stupid and it's something extremely obvious. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11 tommyddd

BL1993 wrote: »
    I have examcraft.

would be a hugh help if you could put them up with a spoiler :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Britney_Spears

simpsons93 wrote: »
    Ladedaa wrote: »
    I have English [HL] Paper 1+2, Irish [OL] paper 1+2, Maths [OL] paper 1+2, French [HL]. If anyone wants them.

Has anyone got anything for Geography or Business?

Could i have Irish please!
    Could you please tell me the detail of poetry and story questions? X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

What pros came up for Irish OL, Exam Craft and DEB?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement