Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48months New 02 MNVO

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

They're being enabled by Liffey Telecom, who seem to be an MVNO enabler.

Check http://www.comreg.ie/numbering/numbering_search.599.numbering.html and put in 089 for the allocations.

Interestingly, eircom has a block of 089s...

089 0000000 0099999 Eircom

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Rumour UPC will use eircom for their MVNO play.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

More rumour. upc to announce mvno this week or next with annual results. Free upc to upc calls as standard will use 084 numbers and will offer free roaming @ euro 2012 to their punters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭horsemeat

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    They don't discrimate on your telling them what age you are. Unless you try porting to them which is most ill advised given their T&C's. Take the 089 number and be happy. :)

why do you ill advise porting your number?
    what's so conspicuous about their t and cs ?

• Advertisement

horsemeat wrote: »
    why do you ill advise porting your number?
    what's so conspicuous about their t and cs ?
    Their T&C s are worded such that portability off 48 Months is not guaranteed if you port in. This is legal as long as they state that T&C before signup.

The 089 number would expire after 4 years.

"11. Ownership of Numbers and SIM Card
    11.1 You do not own the telephone number we provide you as part of the 48 Services and we may change the telephone number we provide you at any time for operational and technical reasons.
    11.2 You do not own the SIM Card we provide you as part of the 48 Services. We own the SIM Card and we give you a license to use the SIM Card for gaining "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

To be honest, I can't see them changing anyone's number.
    Doing that wouldn't exactly be good for business!

Without number portability, very few people would move network.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Their T&C s are worded such that portability off 48 Months is not guaranteed if you port in. This is legal as long as they state that T&C before signup.

That's illegal. Number portability is required and mandated by European law.
    "11. Ownership of Numbers and SIM Card
    11.1 You do not own the telephone number we provide you as part of the 48 Services and we may change the telephone number we provide you at any time for operational and technical reasons.
    11.2 You do not own the SIM Card we provide you as part of the 48 Services. We own the SIM Card and we give you a license to use the SIM Card for gaining "

This is normal. You never own the number. The phone number is a resource that is assigned to you, but you never own it. This is the case for every phone number, even the one you use on your phone right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Just saw the advert. How can this be legal to discriminate based on age? They are just asking someone to make a case of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

On the network a week, had my number ported in less than two hours, quicker than any of the ports I have ever done.
    The deal is simply brilliant.
    If you're not inside the age bracket simply lie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

ordered my sim from 48 months.ie, monday of last week and still no sign of it. How long did yours take to arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

I take it this is the Irish version of giffgaff?

ordered my sim from 48 months.ie, monday of last week and still no sign of it. How long did yours take to arrive
    a week, I think they're having difficulty fulfilling the huge order they probably have,
    Mind you they sent my friend an email to see had his sim arrived yet, so I'd check my email if I was you :)
    Great service, went into a garage with a payzone, got the guy to read out all the operators, saying I wasn't sure which one, and it was there, 48, happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭apophis

Hi all, a question, is this deal really €10 a month or is it €10 monthly membership and then another €10 payment extra for your top-up making it €20 a month (still a good deal).

apophis :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I think it's due to the fact that it is a "membership". You can restrict access to clubs, societies or organisations based on age limits, which they have done here.

Clearly, they've masked the service as a membership accordingly, when it's really just a service. It's a legal loophole, methinks.

/disclaimer: I only have a year or so of legal studies.

apophis wrote: »
    Hi all, a question, is this deal really €10 a month or is it €10 monthly membership and then another €10 payment extra for your top-up making it €20 a month (still a good deal).

apophis :cool:

€10 a month.

You top up your account by €10, then you have a tenner credit, you spend your credit on this membership :)
    so you have 0.00€ credit, but free calls, texts and 20mins landlines :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭zg3409

Premium Text Issue

48 members can’t currently send texts to shortcodes – the 5 digit numbers starting with “5” often used for completion lines, etc. We’re working on it and plan to have it available in a few weeks.

For now if you try to sent a text to a shortcode, we won’t charge you, but it won’t go anywhere. So save your thumbs the exercise

http://help.48months.ie/home
    If you are under 18 don’t fret, we plan to be here for a long time so when you’re 18 we’ll welcome you with open arms but until then we’re just not right for you. You’ll be used to these sorts of things, too young to drive until a certain age, too young to get into nite clubs etc.

If you’re worried about what will happen when you no longer fit in the 18-22 category, our recommendation is to enjoy it while you can! Soon you’ll move on from the world of relying on student loans, finding opportunistic ways of getting bargains and you’ll be out in the real world earning money. When you do this you’ll probably want a fancier phone on a contract anyway so the likes of O2 might suit you better. Until then enjoy your 48 months of debauchery and go conquer!

And finally... if you’re reading this and you’re already over 23... then we aren’t the network for you. Don’t worry, life is not yet over and there are plenty of other options out there for you. Don’t hate. We’re just not for you!
    •Are you trying to call one of these types of numbers:
    0700* Personal numbers

1191 Speaking clock

1891* Internet

1892* Internet

Any adult line numbers

These numbers are barred on 48 so you can control your costs.
    Surely it should be 60 months, no?

I mean from age 18 to age 22 (my 18th birthday to the day before my 23rd birthday) is 5

it's actually 48, If you count from when you turn 18 right up to your 22nd birthday that's 4 years, (not including the full year you are 22) get it?

It seems to be 18 to 21 only, not that they seem to check...

Maybe we should wait until they get their act together before giving them your number?

Do they even have a phone number (call centre)? Also as someone else pointed out THEY are actually 02 but under a different brand and call plan, a cool one!!

Directory enquiries Unavailable

http://48months.ie/index/pricing

I presume that's for our own good too... not sure if I want to join them now :(

They also require an email address to sign up, they ask for your date of birth

I suggest you only look just 18 today, don't you?

Directory enquiries Unavailable

http://48months.ie/index/pricing

That's not a temporary fault, but a permanent feature. I presume that's for our own good too... not sure if I want to join them now :(

They also require an email address to sign up, they ask for your date of birth

I suggest you only look just 18 today, don't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Got credit for my 48 sim today used the free calls and texts both working perfect data speeds on 02 are quite decent.i was with emobile for around 2 weeks terrible crowd to deal with and their data network never seems to work aswell!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Alv_M

jay93 wrote: »
    Got credit for my 48 sim today used the free calls and texts both working perfect data speeds on 02 are quite decent.i was with emobile for around 2 weeks terrible crowd to deal with and their data network never seems to work aswell!

is it just €10 a month?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Alv_M wrote: »
    is it just €10 a month?

what it includes is 20min landline calls, 3000 min to Mobile and 5000 text for €10

Data from 1st March is €1 per hour (load time)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

nava wrote: »
    Data from 1st March is €1 per hour (load time)

From May 1st now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

I just sent away for the sim and am pretty sure I'm joining. I was just wondering though, seeing as I'm o2 already would I still have to get my phone unlocked to use 48?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Corkgirl18 wrote: »
    I just sent away for the sim and am pretty sure I'm joining. I was just wondering though, seeing as I'm o2 already would I still have to get my phone unlocked to use 48?
    Yes, its a seperate network.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Anyone having trouble paying membership with 48months?
    I tried last night with 3 different cards, none of them worked. Sent an email to them, they offered a few suggestion and i should try again. Today its the same story, wont accept any card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Beer4759

Senna wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble paying membership with 48months?
    I tried last night with 3 different cards, none of them worked. Sent an email to them, they offered a few suggestion and i should try again. Today its the same story, wont accept any card.
    Same, I was using an 02 money card

• Registered Users Posts: 8 prety

I would not recommend this network. Got mine few days ago and topup 10euro. I can not make any phone call to any network except freecall to 1800xxxxxx. Be careful, guys.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

prety wrote: »
    I would not recommend this network. Got mine few days ago and topup 10euro. I can not make any phone call to any network except freecall to 1800xxxxxx. Be careful, guys.

After the topup did you go to the website and paid your subscription with the €10?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭niallkkk

do i need to change my settings to connect to the internet.cant seem to.apart from that this is great.i have coverage that i never had b4

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement