Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers,Saturday February 18th,Cassidys Westmoreland Street,All Welcome

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Galvasean wrote: »
    Turn up early. thats booking OLD SKOOL!!

Well... I'll probably do that anyway. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Screw you guys,I just wont book anywhere and go to Bruxelles on my own and drink there for the night.
    :cool:

Can I come too?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Viral Vector

Any chance of a Galway get-together or do I have to cross the Shannon?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Screw you guys,I just wont book anywhere and go to Bruxelles on my own and drink there for the night.
    We'll find you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Ah we all know that's not going to happen now... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Lol,so busy today I forgot to book.I will ring in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

Lol,so busy today I forgot to book.I will ring in the morning.
    Don't forget the wheelchair accessible part :)

I tried calling Cassidys this avo to book but the number on their site and on Golden Pages is not connected.I also emailed them but am not expecting to get anything back so I will head in after work tomorrow and book it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I tried calling Cassidys this avo to book but the number on their site and on Golden Pages is not connected.I also emailed them but am not expecting to get anything back so I will head in after work tomorrow and book it then.

that sounds a smidge ominous to me. hope everything goes ok tomorrow otis :D

OOOOOTTTTIIIISSSS! Is it booked :pac:

• Advertisement

Pembily wrote: »

975565-angryhomer_super.gif

i don't think she read your post properly. either that or she likes playing with your head. oh wait...... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Think I am going to have to pull out of this one.

I have three big weekends in March that I need to save for..... :D

Am sure you'll all have a fabulous time. :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Think I am going to have to pull out of this one.

I have three big weekends in March that I need to save for..... :D

Am sure you'll all have a fabulous time. :p

im finally going so you pull out? :(

Is it?

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Is it?

Yes,yes it is.They have two reservable areas,one down stairs and one upstairs so neither are wheel chair accessible.Down stairs was already booked so up stairs it is.I told them from about 8.30 onwards and it's booked under my name,real name that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭niamhx

And he finally scores :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

Yes,yes it is.They have two reservable areas,one down stairs and one upstairs so neither are wheel chair accessible.Down stairs was already booked so up stairs it is.I told them from about 8.30 onwards and it's booked under my name,real name that is.

Hate to be a big pain in the backside..... but would it not be better if we picked a new place that was wheelchair accessible so everyone can go...?

• Advertisement

How about MacTurcaills? It's wheelchair accessible. Just not sure about toilets as the main ones are downstairs.

Trying to think of other places.

i don't know your real name :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

hdowney wrote: »
    i don't know your real name :(

Larianne wrote: »
    How about MacTurcaills? It's wheelchair accessible. Just not sure about toilets as the main ones are downstairs.

Trying to think of other places.

TBH none of the places that we have had beers in before - Long Stone,Lafayette,The Duke and MacTurcaills - are wheel chair friendly.For the next one then we can try and pick somewhere that is.

I should totally get a red beret.

TBH none of the places that we have had beers in before - Long Stone,Lafayette,The Duke and MacTurcaills - are wheel chair friendly.For the next one then we can try and pick somewhere that is.

Yes, but at that time, no-one requested a wheelchair friendly venue.

If someone wants to take it upon themselves to find somewhere that is fully wheelchair accessible,and relatively easy to get to for everyone,then have at it but it would want to be done sharpish as the booking will have to be cancelled which will mean I will physically have to go into Cassidys to do so.

I am of the opinion that at this point in time its just not practical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

If someone wants to take it upon themselves to find somewhere that is fully wheelchair accessible,and relatively easy to get to for everyone,then have at it but it would want to be done sharpish as the booking will have to be cancelled which will mean I will physically have to go into Cassidys to do so.

I'd say not having full use of your legs is fairly impractical too. :rolleyes:

How about Market Bar? Their toilets and the vast majority of seating are on the ground floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Larianne wrote: »
    Yes, but at that time, no-one requested a wheelchair friendly venue.

At that time, as no-one had requested a wheelchair friendly venue, it wasn't taken into consideration. To turn around and give out to Otis for not booking a venue with facilities that at that time hadn't been requested by anyone isn't fair.

I'd say not having full use of your legs is fairly impractical too. :rolleyes:

How about Market Bar? Their toilets and the vast majority of seating are on the ground floor.

So, could I not suggest that perhaps you take a spin in to the Market Bar to check it out? These things are tricky enough to organise at the best of times, I'm sure the bit of help wouldn't go unappreciated.

• Advertisement

Heres how it is.

We decided on a venue that was central,that suited most and was easy to get to/find as we have always done.

Mental Mickey said,after Cassidys had been decided upon
    I might go to this,does anyone know if it is wheelchair accessible?

He didnt say he was going and to me that reads,if its wheel chair accessible I may go,I may not.

The fact of the matter is you cannot suit all of the people all of the time.If MM had said "Id like to go but it would have to be somewhere that is accessible",while we were picking a venue thats one thing,but he didnt.

Since I started organising tGC beers I have tried to be as accommodating as is possible to everyone so I dont appreciate snarky comments and roll eyes from people.

Market Bar is not a suitable venue for a large gathering tbh.Its a bar/tapas restaurant and is always jammers so the chances of reserving an area for 30 to 40 people that wont be buying food is minute.

Advertisement