Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

krudler wrote: »
    I always prefered the look of the Batman Begins suit over TDK myself

00017008-batman4.jpg

Batman On steriods | Batman off steriods. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Really want this soundtrack or a sample of it very soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Nolan said: "I think when people see the film, things will come into focus. Bane is very complex and very interesting and when people see the finished film people will be very entertained by him."

http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/the-dark-knight-rises-christopher-nolan-admits-immense/257249

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Temaz wrote: »
    Nolan said: "I think when people see the film, things will come into focus. Bane is very complex and very interesting and when people see the finished film people will be very entertained by him."

I've seen that quote in a few places mentioning the sound issues but it doesn't seem to have anything to actually do with the sound :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

constantg wrote: »
    Really? Always struck me as too bulky and kinda clumsy.... Like TDK is a much more combat orientated film than BB for batman

Both of the Nolan suits are highly dependent on appropriate lighting and angles to make them look decent, the TDK suit in particular overly fussy legs section suffers hugely from being lit up. Of the two suits I still probably have a slight preference for the BB one, although again it needed to shot well and too much lighting betrays the rubberyness of it - tubby Bale didn't help it either. The TDK suit makes more sense within the context of what Nolan was doing with the series.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

He always looks like he's pleased to see someone in the TDK suit

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

He always looks like he's pleased to see someone in the TDK suit

Batman does have a tendency to like inflicting pain on 'scum' :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

al28283 wrote: »
    The problem with Ledger being so good as the joker is that all the focus is all on the villians now. It should really be on Batman himself, he's a great character but only just made it into his own trailer

I dont think so tbh, have you seen batman year one? That was focused more on Gordon and it was epic. Gordon is the most relatible person in teh batman world and seeing the villans and batman from his persepctive it really gives batman back a sense of mystery and presence when you do see him in a scene.

I think if you see too much of batman and Bruces world you loose that threatening feeling that batman should have. Now I think of it that ties in that line "You always fear what you dont understand"

NB - if you havent seen batman year one I would highly recomend

Batman Year One was awful

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

the new animated one? thought it was good, the animated series is still amazing as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Well, it was fairly faithful to the novel, which if you have read it would make it fairly boring to watch. But the animation was pretty well done, it only dropped in quality during the chase scene after batman escapes from the SWAT team.

You can't say awful simply because it paid homage to the source material rather than reinventing it.

The only awful part was the voice casting of Bruce Wayne (a very rare mistake by Andrea Romano for me). I don't think Ben McKenzie captured the character at all, in fact I thought he sounded like he was doing a robot impression when Wayne was first introduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I feel the best adaptation thus far was the arkham asylum video game.
    They even used the original animated voice actors.

Maybe Nolan should be taking a page out of their book.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,025 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Maybe Nolan should be taking a page out of their book.

In what way?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,854 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Thanks alot lads about mentioning Batman Year One. Im not sure how that slipped by me. Great watch that was

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Why?

Is that the animated film where Gordon is a kung fu expert who for some reason likes to remove guys clothes before tying them up? :pac:

It had a lot of "superhuman" batman moments too - It's been a while but I think I remember him kicking a locked door off a car effortlessly, and doing incredibly high jumps onto buildings?

Oh, I think I remember Batman kicking a tree in half too!

I haven't read the comics so maybe this is all normal...

Yea, I vaguely remember some ridiculous scene where Gordon saves his wife and kid and acts like its nothing as if he was James Bond. Year One was terrible

I think this is proof enough that Talia Al Ghul is in the film

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

TBH, the set pics of Cotillard in that strange get up gave it away, I wouldn't be too hard on the kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

I think this is proof enough that Talia Al Ghul is in the film

I loved the first comment on the article.

"Hope she enjoyed her first time working with Nolan, because it's also her last."

:)

Unfortunately, for the poor kid; she's probably after getting an earful and is really upset.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The kid hasn't done anything wrong. All she's done is confirmed that there's a young Talia in the film and that she's playing her. The parents of another young actress who auditioned for the part revealed the same months ago. The spoiler isn't that Talia is in the film, it's that Cotillard is playing her. But of course, we all know she anyway. It's about the worst kept secret ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭WatchWolf

Nolan should hire Christian Bale to shout at the girl who spilled the beans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

WatchWolf wrote: »
    Nolan should hire Christian Bale to shout at the girl who spilled the beans.

and hire Barbabra Streisand for a live version of the musical rant.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,144 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

the kimono a few months back was enough to give away who Cotillard is playing in fairness, with such a back catalogue of source material to draw on its not that much of a stretch to figure out some of the plot elements by the characters that are in the film.

Mellor wrote: »
    In what way?

In terms of writing a good plot that involves a multitude of the characters and even hired familiar voice actors.

Just read that Christian Bale broke up a fight between two homeless people over christmas. Clearly the role of Batman is getting to him

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

In terms of writing a good plot that involves a multitude of the characters and even hired familiar voice actors.

Dont see the point in that, Nolans main aim was approaching this in a realistic fashion, not copy the animated series, Nolans version of Batman differs quite a bit from that of the animated series. He doesn't need to have every villain in his films, what would be the point of that?

Gintonious wrote: »
    Dont see the point in that, Nolans main aim was approaching this in a realistic fashion, not copy the animated series, Nolans version of Batman differs quite a bit from that of the animated series. He doesn't need to have every villain in his films, what would be the point of that?

Well his realistic fashion has shot wide of the mark a few times and my point was largely about the calibre of story those writers were able to write.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

True; the video-games had taken most people by surprised by not only being a good game (the licence being a poisoned chalice in the past), but a good Batman story & legitimate alt-universe for the franchise.

Having said that, I don't agree the games represent anything good in terms of characterisation or dialogue. The plot was nicely paced (though the recent sequel lacked the same punch), but I found the dialogue to be beyond woeful - laughably bad in fact.

• Advertisement

pixelburp wrote: »
    Having said that, I don't agree the games represent anything good in terms of characterisation or dialogue. The plot was nicely paced (though the recent sequel lacked the same punch), but I found the dialogue to be beyond woeful - laughably bad in fact.

Hmmm....off hand I can't say Batmans dialogue left any sort of impression on me, good or bad. But I thought the Jokers was spot on, even brilliant in parts.

Advertisement