Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have you watched recently?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭rovers2001

Am currently watching the full series of The Kennedys.Extremely interesting and fantastic viewing while on my Xmas hols:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

watching the 1995 BBC pride and prejudice - again.
    I think I might be the only one who prefers the 2005 film version though.
    just ordered the 2008 sense and sensibility too :) Merry Xmas to me

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Just watched Kill List. Pretty good, gets slightly surreal in the second half. Similar to Wicker Man

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Sonatine - a surreal but inventive yakuza movie. Plot is a minor concern here, the emphasis instead on absurdist setpieces and a dreamlike tone punctuated by the odd burst of ultraviolence. Quite unlike anything else, it lacks the insight of the best Kitano movies but is still an endearing, charismatic and inventive work.

Plus the ending is amazing.

Kitano is a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

Tindie wrote: »
    I am watching whole corn series this week

So far I have seen
    Children of the Corn (1984) for second time, not seen it for years
    I like it bit better this time round, i did not find Isaac annoying as I did last time,
    This movie is really entertaining from start to end, it not that boring but there are some quite moments in the movie, it was not that gory, there are some good jumpy moment, (I did Jump once in this movie lol , getting old).
    Acting is really good from everyone, even two nice kids!
    I give this movie 7 out of 10

Children of the Corn II: The Final Sacrifice (1992)
    This was not bad at all, its not great but it was decent movie, as some nice death scenes were real well made, there were some boring moment in the movie and I was little disappointing how the movie ended and acting is not great but watchable
    5 out of 10 Good movie

Children of the Corn 3
    This was really good, this better then second in series, the whole movie was really entertainer, there was neat death scenes, so odd special effects as well, Decent acting from some part of the cast.
    I enjoyed this movie I going to give this movie 7 out of 10

Children of the Corn 4
    it was lot better then i thought it would be, it some really good moment, decent acting from the whole cast, some good deaths scene as well, with a tad gory at times.
    I enjoyed this movie good movies
    5 out of 10 (I am enjoying Corn series so far!)

now i done with the corn in series

Children of The Corn 5 - Fields of Terror (199

This movie was really dull for me, It had some descent well know actors in this movie as well,
    The acting was good! there 3 points for that
    The story and the plot was really dull and I can't believe that was Hour went pass and nothing scary actually happened in this movie or anything to draw into the drama .
    There was only one scenes with had some nice gory deaths and the final showdown was really boring and to quick!
    The ending was way to cheesy and it did not fit in with the rest of the movie, I did not find the rest of this movie cheesy.
    3 out of 10 for me this worst of the series so far!

children Of The Corn 666 Isaacs Return

This movie started of really spooky, i really enjoyed that scenes, Main lead in her voice annoying v and with Isaacs Return and his voice, sound likes cat nails on blackboard.

I found This movie was slightly better then the 5 movies, i

It did not have much gore it int but it was some-what entertaining and movie can be really confusing at times and also liked the twist at end.

Acting was not great but it was watchable still i could not connect to any of them as, i Just found them really annoying.

This one is worth watching! 4 out of 10

children Of The Corn: Revelation (2001)

The very first scenes was good and at the start of movie the kids were a bit creepy with some atmosphere at the start of the movie but as the movie get going they lose it and they also lose me as well
    The deaths silly and poorly done and older actors was really bad but the creepy kids were descent but the laughing got really annoying quick!

The ending with effect were really bad as-well. this not worst in series but not far from it!

I was only paying half attention to it! and looking at clock few and it was good that did waste to much of my time as it was short movie.

3 out of 10

Children of the Corn: Genesis (2011)

Here a sequel 10 years after the last sequel and remake that came out two years.

The the best they could in the 10 years breaks, this movie was really dull, there not were much going at all, the Girlfriend and boyfriends they crash and they stop and talk for the whole 94% of movie and the scenes just drags on.

The scare scene in this movie so badly done, that you laugh and say come on!, there not atmosphere in this movie at all, everything was felt and plot was really boring.

There this movie not corn at all and the kids were not even in the movie, this were not creepy at all, there could have made look a bit more scary.

The scariest thing about this movie was the acting was really bad, (I Saw the trailer, I knew it was going bad, which actually a really bad trailer .

This is the worst in series paired with number 5 in the series.

Finally just seen the last of Corn movies
    Children of the Corn (2009)

This is not one 3 worst in series, as better then the 5,7 and 8 movie series but this movie is 4 worst in series.

I found this movie really entertaining and did stay faithful to main story and like however they did add for new think to remake, which i think worked well with movie.

The acting in this movie decent for a movie in the corn series, not saying not or even good and same goes for movie, even i thought it would be a lot worse (like 8 movies seires that just came out in 2011)
    Isaac

When first saw Children of corn(1984) about years ago, I found Isaac voice so annoying that it took me 10 years to re-watch this movie.

But in this Isaac (A thing that I thought i Would never say) was even more annoying, it not the voice this, it just not believe at all, it did suit roll at all, it just flat for whole movie, he was one of the main probably in this movie
    and women Kandyse McClure who played Vicki Stanton in this, was really unbearable to watch,

all she did for first ten minutes was shout, moan, whine about anything, i felt like turning it off, went shouting none- stop for 3 minutes of movie, even though it felt more like 2 hours and was so clad she got slapped in the face then, I hated her so much.
    I could not wait for to get killed and when evil kids found her, I Cheered.

I give this movie 4 out of 10
    Give it a watch if your rooting for the evil kids,

Now off to start the howling series.:eek:

My Rating so far for all nine movies
    Children of the Corn (1984) 7/10
    Children of the Corn II: The Final Sacrifice (1992) 5/10
    Children of the Corn III: Urban Harvest (1995) 7/10
    Children of the Corn: The Gathering (1996) (V) 5/10
    Children of the Corn V: Fields of Terror (199 (V) 2/10
    Children of the Corn 666: Isaac's Return (1999) (V) 4/10
    Children of the Corn: Revelation (2001) (V) 3/10
    Children of the Corn: Genesis (2011) 2/10
    Children of the Corn (2009) 4/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

In Bruges. Watched it last night for the first time. Always thought it wouldn't be my cup of tea but it's so good!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Megamind:

Another decent original outing from Dreamworks following on from 'How to train your dragon. Wouldn't be the biggest Will Ferrell fan but his over acting works for Megamind and a lot more of the jokes hit than miss, with minimal popculture references or jokes aimed squarely at adults. Hopefully they continue down the road of original stand alone movies rather than milking sequels for all they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Megamind:

Another decent original outing from Dreamworks following on from 'How to train your dragon. Wouldn't be the biggest Will Ferrell fan but his over acting works for Megamind and a lot more of the jokes hit than miss, with minimal popculture references or jokes aimed squarely at adults. Hopefully they continue down the road of original stand alone movies rather than milking sequels for all they can.

I liked Megamind,its a good twist on the superhero tale. his mispronounciation of words is hilarious "hello Metrocity!" "Its Metro City!" and that exchange between him and Pitt about the microwave of evil is brilliant. cracking soundtrack too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

krudler wrote: »
    I liked Megamind,its a good twist on the superhero tale. his mispronounciation of words is hilarious "hello Metrocity!" "Its Metro City!" and that exchange between him and Pitt about the microwave of evil is brilliant. cracking soundtrack too.

Yep it's good but suffers from not having the 'Pixar' name attached to it. The mispronunciation of school and Marlon Brando impersonation are also highlights.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Plus the ending is amazing.

Kitano is a legend.

Yeah, although he seems unusually fond of
    having the protagonist commit a shock suicide at the end of his movies
    :pac:

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Yep it's good but suffers from not having the 'Pixar' name attached to it. The mispronunciation of school and Marlon Brando impersonation are also highlights.

watch Kung Fu Panda 2 as well, its the Batman Begins of kung fu fighting panda movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

watch Kung Fu Panda 2 as well, its the Batman Begins of kung fu fighting panda movies.
    lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Finally got around to seeing the last Harry Potter movie, bit dissapointing!

PaulieC wrote: »
    lol :D

I was being serious :pac: really though KFP2 is one of my favourite movies this year, the animation is absolutely stunning in places.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

The Longest Yard (1974) - Found it quite boring. 6/10

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I've been half-watching 2012 on TV ... how the hell did this thing get made, and get released at over 2½ hours long? The world's falling apart - literally - but we're supposed to care about some upper-middle-class types from LA? :mad:

Oh, and
    after seeing Los Angeles fall in to the sea like so many chunks of ice off a calving glacier, the little girl no longer wets the bed every night
    !

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

bnt wrote: »
    I've been half-watching 2012 on TV ... how the hell did this thing get made, and get released at over 2½ hours long? The world's falling apart - literally - but we're supposed to care about some upper-middle-class types from LA? :mad:

Oh, and
    after seeing Los Angeles fall in to the sea like so many chunks of ice off a calving glacier, the little girl no longer wets the bed every night
    !

Pretty much sums it up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Drive - A class film full of long stares.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I was being serious :pac: really though KFP2 is one of my favourite movies this year, the animation is absolutely stunning in places.
    Haven't seen it but was laughing at the category you put it in - the competition must have been fierce :pac:

Saw Ratatouille the other day and absolutely loved it though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Pretty much sums it up :pac:
    I haven't watched the YouTube video, since I'm watching the show now. Jimi Mistry (who was in the film) comes on during the encore and delivers his line again - and more.

"The Neutrinos ... have mutated!"
    "The Electrons ... are angry!"
    "The Sun ... it's a bit off."
    :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

"2012" on last night on RTE 1 was a pile of rubbish I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

teednab-el wrote: »
    "2012" on last night on RTE 1 was a pile of rubbish I thought.
    Remember seeing this in the cinema. Absolute shite.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Bullitt with Steve McQueen.

Always loved that movie

re 2012 : I havent seen it but I saw enough tweets to make me not want to see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

SarahBM wrote: »
    re 2012 : I havent seen it but I saw enough tweets to make me not want to see it.

Life's too short!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Blade Runner the other night. Loved it. The world that was portrayed was mesmerising, and the story was so exciting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tropic Thunder, not bad at all, Tom Cruise took me by surprise (no I didn't realise!)

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - excellent film. I have read the books, but my friend who has thought the film did a really good job.

Sunshine - Pile of Sh1t

Armageddon - one of my fav films. about the millionth time watching it :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

SarahBM wrote: »
    Armageddon - Pile of Sh1t

Sunshine - one of my fav films. about the millionth time watching it :)

FYP ;)

Stray Dog - atmospheric, technically impressive Kurosawa police thriller. Feels overstretched at times, but the uncomfortable, blistering heatwave it is set in makes for plenty of tense, exciting sequences.

• Advertisement

American Psycho - A bloodthirsty investment banker (Christian Bale) finds it increasingly difficult to hide his murderous ways from those around him. Unsure what to make of it all. I've a feeling it will take a second watch to form a better judgement.
    Although false or mistaken identity is a key theme in the movie, how are we expected to believe he got away with all the murders?? All the bodies in Allen's apartment were just cleared so the relater could make a sale??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement