Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate team 12 web app released!

Options

Comments

Ramos received. Thanks man.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

If there would be enough interest id organise an xbox tournament.

1k entry
    8 spots

10k for winner

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Anyone know whats the deal with this 95 rated IF Enrique?

Is it true hes owned by the actual Jose Enrique?

Seems to be only 1 of them in the whole market.

Video for those that dont know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Anyone know whats the deal with this 95 rated IF Enrique?

Is it true hes owned by the actual Jose Enrique?

Seems to be only 1 of them in the whole market.

Video for those that dont know.

That's what it seems to be. Live Producer for FIFA and Ultimate Team (@TheRealGraoully) responded to some guy earlier saying that he played against the real Enrique and that's why he had the card. Not sure why it's now up for sale for 10million though!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

What is everyone's team like now ? Mine's very different from when I last posted :)

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#cQrodvUVbcgYA

• Advertisement

jamescd wrote: »
    What is everyone's team like now ? Mine's very different from when I last posted :)

Wow some team.

How did you get so many coins to buy Ronaldo or did you get him in a pack?

I have a Serie A team

Buffon

Maicon
    Lucio
    Chiellini
    Taiwo (real lack of a good lb in serie a)

Krasic
    Pirlo
    Sneijder
    Levezzi

Cavani
    Di Natalie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Nice team, you get your coins from trading or got lucky with SIF Messi in a pack and sell? :P Do you find they play much worse with poor chemistry?

donmeister wrote: »
    Nice team, you get your coins from trading or got lucky with SIF Messi in a pack and sell? tongue.gif Do you find they play much worse with poor chemistry?

Trading, and lots of it wink.gif Best I got from a pack was Torres. Spent like 250k once on gold packs during one of the happy hours and got absolutely nobody. Haven't bought a pack since.

As for the chemistry, I'm not sure if the players are bad because of the chemistry or that I'm just a bad player tongue.gif That's because I'm not really used to playing 4-3-3. I find I'm conceding a lot more goals and have resorted to playing ultra defensive in some games. My other teams (Serie A and Barclays PL) are 4-1-2-1-2 and I play much better with that formation tbh. That's why I'm thinking of changing Ronaldo to LM and Robben to RM and just build a 4-1-2-1-2 team around those two.

Two websites I use for trading

fifaultimateteamcoinguide.blogspot.com

ultimatedb.nl

Apparently the market is gonna crash after christmas. I bought the hype and started selling off my players lol :o

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/7066/futh.jpg

Hate the bloody 5% tax. Gonna lose upwards of 35k if I manage to sell Ronaldo.

• Advertisement

Ya they christmas day market will be interesting

First person to PM me will get one of my best trading tips for FREE.

Care to share this tip of yours with everyone else ? :p

Apparently the market is gonna crash after christmas. I bought the hype and started selling off my players lol :o

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/7066/futh.jpg

Hate the bloody 5% tax. Gonna lose upwards of 35k if I manage to sell Ronaldo.
    Why would the market crash? Is it because of an influx of all new players who get the game on christmas day?

Yup. More players and maybe all the little kiddies will be getting Microsoft Points from santy :p So in short, a lot more packs will be opened and the market will be flooded with players. That's the theory anyway lol

Daily gifts are back. Hurry before EA goes grinch-like once again!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Guys I'm new to FIFA 12 and this ultimate team. Have never used it before the other day and so far have only played 8 games. I don't really understand it though. Seemed pretty simple to me, play matches, earn points, buy better players. Signed Jermaine Defoe there today. But then there are loads of other things, manager, coaches, training etc. how important are all of these things and what do they improve? Also, what is more important to have, a good team or a high chemistry? Some guy absolutely hammered me online there and had 100% chemistry, but that could be just coincidence!

Also, I saw a screenshot up the page of players being bought for like 13,000 coins :O what the hell, Defoe only cost me about 700 and he is rated 81, how can players be valued at a couple of thousand?

If someone could give me the low down it would be hugely appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Guys I'm new to FIFA 12 and this ultimate team. Have never used it before the other day and so far have only played 8 games. I don't really understand it though. Seemed pretty simple to me, play matches, earn points, buy better players. Signed Jermaine Defoe there today. But then there are loads of other things, manager, coaches, training etc. how important are all of these things and what do they improve? Also, what is more important to have, a good team or a high chemistry? Some guy absolutely hammered me online there and had 100% chemistry, but that could be just coincidence!

Also, I saw a screenshot up the page of players being bought for like 13,000 coins :O what the hell, Defoe only cost me about 700 and he is rated 81, how can players be valued at a couple of thousand?

If someone could give me the low down it would be hugely appreciated!

Good chemistry is the most important I would say. I'll throw out a couple of tips and hopefully others will add some more.

I'll talk mainly about chemistry and how it improves in relation to players.

- Formation. Each player has a preferred formation and ideally you should have a squad of all 4-4-2 for example if you are playing 4-4-2 and so on.
    Having a manager for this formation improves the chemistry of the team also.

However you can get away with slight variations to the formation. You can get good chemistry if say you have a CB with a 4-1-2-1-2 formation but you are playing 4-4-2 as that player is still playing in a back 4 rather than a back 3 or 5 etc.

-Nationality. Having players from same nationality boosts chemistry.

-League. Having players from same league boosts chemistry and this is usually what most players set out to do. Pick a league such as BPL, La Ligue, Seria A or whatever and gather a squad from that league. Players playing in same team will have an even higher chemistry rating.

You asked about prices and the best way of explaining it is supply and demand. Its a market, and the more people want something the more they will pay for it. It all ties down to people wanting to build their squad like I mentioned above. The Premier League for example is one of the more inflated markets with players going for high prices in comparison to similar counterparts in say the German League.

They're are plenty of ways of making money through trading in FUT so have a look on Youtube and I think Copper Pipe, who posts in this thread, has a link to his blog on it somewhere.

Adding to what Knex said, individual chemistry is more important. Having 100 team chemistry is good, but ideally you'd want to have 9 chemistry between all your players. If you want to achieve this, you'll have to buy players in the right formation or apply formation cards.

As for your other questions, training cards improve your player's attributes for one game only. Obviously a +15 pace card will add 15 pace to the player that you use it on for the next game. Coaches give you a bonus when you use training cards. If you have a coach that says for example "Pace +15%" stored in your club, then when you use a +15 pace card on a player, he will receive +17 pace instead of +15 because of the 15% bonus. If you don't use training cards, then you don't need to buy coaches.

If you think 13,000 coins is a lot, then you have a long way to go :D Messi cost me 570,000. I have hundreds of players that I don't use which I got from opening packs. PM me if you want some, I'll help you get started.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Thanks a million lads. Appreciate the help and the advice! No wonder things were going so pear shaped then, got battered by a lad 6-1 in my last game too, he had 100% team chemistry and I felt like my players could not get into the game whatsoever.

Might take you up on that offer jamescd! Check your PMs :P

• Advertisement

Il give u 10k if you are on xbox.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Will gladly take any donations people have to offer too :P

Any average premier league players going around for free as im trying to set up a prem league team, and they're really expensive!

@ Charlie: I got loads of prem players which i don't need. Your on xbox right ?

@ Axwell : I'll sort ya out too :p

But it'll have to wait until I get home from work later :pac:

Geez, I'll take stuff if it's going for free :D

To add, work on your defending - defence wins matches. Get into the habit of getting AI to pressure man with ball and take control of tracking the run yourself. The new defensive system takes a bit of practice, but it pays off!

In Ultimate Team, you can get away with more than in normal games (as a result of good chemistry) - expect some teams / players to try 35 yard shots.

Pace is incredibly important - possibly too important. Nesta, while a good defender, isn't the greatest buy in Ultimate Team - gets left for dead.

If I play you and you have a manager card that adds nothing to chemistry, it irks me. Get a manager in the right formation or nationality (ONLY in the cases of a singular national side).

Play the AI tournaments - gets you used to playing with your team, Ultimate Team and gets you coins. Can work on your chem here before taking it online...Plus they're less stressful 99% of the time.

I'd advise starting at Bronze and working your way up / starting over at silver to make a new team. Means you can get used to the game without Messi-Ronaldo Barca/Real supersquads. Also, there are INCREDIBLY good players in lower leagues.

If you want to make trade profit, learn some of the markets. Would advise against buying packs for the most part. Usually not worth it (but at the same time, you can strike it lucky).

To answer your question about chemistry vs good team - chemistry EVERY time. Has more of an impact at bronze and silver levels, but can still turn the tide at gold.

🤪

The tip I use the most to make coins is bid 250 on all gold players and discard for 300+ everytime. I have 234k now and a Premier league silver team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

The tip I use the most to make coins is bid 250 on all gold players and discard for 300+ everytime. I have 234k now and a Premier league silver team

How much would you earn a day doing that?

How much would you earn a day doing that?

How many coins have you?

If my calculations are correct you get a return of 20% of what you put in

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I've started recently buying players say in a RW position but in a 4-4-2 formation or a 4-1-2-1-2 formation. Then buying RW-RM position card and boost the contract of the player as well. Can usually make a decent size profit in one sale with that method.

Depends on the player though and how their price differs between a 4-4-2 RM and a 4-4-2 RW and so on.

• Advertisement

@ Charlie: I got loads of prem players which i don't need. Your on xbox right ?

@ Axwell : I'll sort ya out too :p

But it'll have to wait until I get home from work later :pac:
    Great stuff man! :pac: Ill pm you about it, cheers again! Yeah im on xbox.

Advertisement