Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RHCP - 26th June 2012 Croke Park

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Yeah, that's true.

How will Chilis fans take Noel, does anyone reckon?

Reckon it will be a big massive singalong with all the oldschools chanting to Wonderwall, Don't Look Back In Anger and Little by Little followed by the Chili's blasting out Californication, Scar Tissue, Under The Bridge and the Zephyr Song if we're lucky:p.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

karaokeman wrote: »
    Reckon it will be a big massive singalong with all the oldschools chanting to Wonderwall, Don't Look Back In Anger and Little by Little followed by the Chili's blasting out Californication, Scar Tissue, Under The Bridge and the Zephyr Song if we're lucky:p.

This would make buying a ticket tempting!

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

Noel Gallagher doesn't really excite me - Not my kind of music at all.

So long as the Chili's performance is awesome I'll be happy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

So will Noel Gallagher still be doing Oasis songs for it? I was happy enough thinking I'd hear a few of his band's new songs, but if they played Oasis stuff that would be amazing.

Looking like it'll be a fantastic gig. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jakestully

Togepi wrote: »
    So will Noel Gallagher still be doing Oasis songs for it? I was happy enough thinking I'd hear a few of his band's new songs, but if they played Oasis stuff that would be amazing.

on his latest shows with his high flying birds he have played, except his new songs, the most famous oasis songs. Dont look back in anger and wonderwall has been played on almost every show, and I would be very surprised if he does not play them.

So Im pretty sure we'll hear a couple of oasis songs! :D

CANT WAIT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

I bet Liam Gallagher will do some sort of siht fit or legal action to stop him playing the songs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

jakestully wrote: »

on his latest shows with his high flying birds he have played, except his new songs, the most famous oasis songs. Dont look back in anger and wonderwall has been played on almost every show, and I would be very surprised if he does not play them.

So Im pretty sure we'll hear a couple of oasis songs! :D

CANT WAIT

Ah brilliant! A few Oasis songs on the day makes it even better. :D

G'wan Noel!

From my experience with support acts you will get like 10 songs if there is one arena-sized act playing before the main band.

Noel will probably play the singles from his album and presuming his setlist will change in the new year a few of the same Oasis songs will be there and others will be added.

Wonderwall
    , DLBIA will probably be kept being two of Noel's most well-known mainstream hits.

I would be happy if Noel's setlist is something along the lines of;

Its Good (To Be Free)
    If I Had A Gun
    The Death of You and Me
    Wonderwall
    Rock 'n' Roll Star
    AKA.... What A Life
    She's Electric
    Everybody's On The Run
    Little by Little
    Don't Look Back In Anger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

I bet Liam Gallagher will do some sort of siht fit or legal action to stop him playing the songs

I know Liam is a bit of a hothead, but I doubt that he's stupid enough to take legal action against Noel for performing his own material!

Thats why Noel Gallagher performs Oasis songs and Beady Eye don't- Noel wrote all of Oasis' best work.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Deeluu

This should be great! I'm delighted that I didn't buy Noel tickets now...although I'm not sure how NG will go down with the new "younger" RHCP fans who've only tuned into them. I for one am delighted however.

• Advertisement

read this thread and see how some of noels fans reacts to this "noel supporting rhcp-thing".

http://live4ever.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=ngpress&action=display&thread=71422

I booked my ticket before noel was on the bill and its the rhcp Ill be there for, but I dont have any problems with Noel, he's Ok.
    But I have a feeling a lot of Noel fans have problems with Rhcp. :S

And because Noel/Oasis have LOTS of fans out there I think pretty much half the audience will be there for the support act(well not really but MANY). Im just worried how it will be standing there with Oasis fans on a RHCP concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

Im Trying To Make My Mam sell Her Noel Gallagher Tickets For The 02 and make her by chilis tickets So i can see them and she can see N.G:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Im just worried how it will be standing there with Oasis fans on a RHCP concert.

Yeah, curse those Oasis fans with their lack of tattoos and their t-shirts still on!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,148 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

read this thread and see how some of noels fans reacts to this "noel supporting rhcp-thing".

http://live4ever.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=ngpress&action=display&thread=71422

I booked my ticket before noel was on the bill and its the rhcp Ill be there for, but I dont have any problems with Noel, he's Ok.

And because Noel/Oasis have LOTS of fans out there I think pretty much half the audience will be there for the support act(well not really but MANY). Im just worried how it will be standing there with Oasis fans on a RHCP concert.

Hahaha that thread is f*cking hilarious. So much outrage from the poor delusioned Oasis fans. I wasn't going to buy a ticket for this because I saw them in the 02 last month but now I will definitely buy one. I loved Oasis and I loved Noels new solo album. Can't ****ing wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Deeluu

Just be grateful its not Beady Eye!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,148 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

jordainius wrote: »
    I know Liam is a bit of a hothead, but I doubt that he's stupid enough to take legal action against Noel for performing his own material!

Thats why Noel Gallagher performs Oasis songs and Beady Eye don't- Noel wrote all of Oasis' best work.

Its also why Beady Eye are sh!te and Noel Gallagher's HFB are awesome.

Yeah, curse those Oasis fans with their lack of tattoos and their t-shirts still on!

well I meant more how it will be standing there watching my favorite band with people around me that probably isnt that into them. Not how they are dressed or if they have tattoos or not.
    But I think the people on standing pitch is atleast 80-90% chili fans that booked before noel was on. So I guess its no problem. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

MadYaker wrote: »
    Its also why Beady Eye are sh!te and Noel Gallagher's HFB are awesome.

Yep, though I'd call them disappointing as opposed to sh1te!:D Am I alone in thinking that the only reason they picked that awful name was so they would be listed next to the Beatles in cd stores?

The opinions of the Oasis fans in that forum linked on the previous page are somewhat disturbing, I'd always have been a big fan of both RHCP and Oasis so the notion that you can't be a fan of one without being a fan of the other is a load of crap to me.

jordainius wrote: »
    Am I alone in thinking that the only reason they picked that awful name was so they would be listed next to the Beatles in cd stores?

Yep thats the reason they picked that name.

Remember Liam Gallagher thinks he is the reincarnation of John Lennon:pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Yep thats the reason they picked that name.

Remember Liam Gallagher thinks he is the reincarnation of John Lennon:pac:.

this could explain his john lennon rip off songs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Anyone recieve there tickets from Ticketmaster yet.

I got mine for Bruce Springsteen today

I'm sure this will sell out now, with no oxegen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Tickets arrived today :)

darryn wrote: »
    I'm sure this will sell out now, with no oxegen

I would like to think it will, I'm surprised standing tickets are still available even with confirmation of Noel Gallagher.

I would like to think it will, I'm surprised standing tickets are still available even with confirmation of Noel Gallagher.

Pitch standing tickets are sold out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Unless they are both an RHCP and a Noel fan that was borderline about to buy tickets anyway, no one is going to buy one of these tickets to see Noel.

I and practically everyone I know is a fan of Noel Gallagher but to pay a much higher price, to see him in a support slot, in the early evening, in a massive outdoor venue with terrible sound, surrounded by load of Red Hot Chili Peppers fans? When we have an proper Noel gig in the o2 on the horizon anyway? Total waste of time, not a chance.

Stupid booking really.

nm wrote: »
    Unless they are both an RHCP and a Noel fan that was borderline about to buy tickets anyway, no one is going to buy one of these tickets to see Noel.

I and practically everyone I know is a fan of Noel Gallagher but to pay a much higher price, to see him in a support slot, in the early evening, in a massive outdoor venue with terrible sound, surrounded by load of Red Hot Chili Peppers fans? When we have an proper Noel gig in the o2 on the horizon anyway? Total waste of time, not a chance.

Stupid booking really.

yet pitch standing has sold out??? Hmmm, maybe just maybe your wrong, and there are fans of both artists (heaven forbid)????

nm wrote: »

Stupid booking really.

And we dont want the "noel-only fans" there anyways so you can stay home for sure. I think it will sell out anyways. I hope so :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

darryn wrote: »
    yet pitch standing has sold out??? Hmmm, maybe just maybe your wrong, and there are fans of both artists (heaven forbid)????

Pitch standing is approx 1/4 - 1/3 of the capacity of Croke Park for concerts.

• Advertisement

Jakestully point taken that pitch standing tickets are sold out. I checked shortly after my last post and saw there was none available.

Still surprised it took so long, a month and a half for a band like the Chilis? Maybe their popularity is declining over the majority of fans who miss Frusciante?

I'd say a fair few people going are both Noel and RHCP fans. I am a fan of both and so is my cousin who shall be attending this gig.

There will be a divide of course as there is a minority of diehard Noel Gallagher fans who would pay €70 to see him on a support slot with piss poor sound. I know I would if I hadn't got my ticket for his gig in the O2.

But I'd imagine more of Noel's fans will be sitting than Chilis fans.

Advertisement