Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Review : 3.7 v mod from thebestshop.eu

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

orly
    that's good to hear
    if I do get this im gona have to rethink my whole approach to atomisers, i've been almost exclusively lr for ages now but they apparently shouldn't be used at high voltages

fun times ahead

Get a repairable one!

Took a chance on a Lavatube just now from here...
    http://2smok.com/
    They supply it with 1700 mAh batteries, i think ecigwizard supply it with 1400 mAh and plus it is cheaper from that link i posted.

€51 including delivery, be waiting a while as it is pre order.
    i used ukvapers as the discount code.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

hrm, ntb at all

they say late december thoughu instead of 10th december :(

hope it doesnt arrive while im at the folks for xmas, that'd be heartbreaking
    think ill order that tomorrow so, just gotta nip into town and pick up a 3v voucher

ill look into the repairable atties.. that "ze bulli" that there's a thread about here? it looks awful complicated :)

hrm, ntb at all

they say late december thoughu instead of 10th december :(

hope it doesnt arrive while im at the folks for xmas, that'd be heartbreaking
    think ill order that tomorrow so, just gotta nip into town and pick up a 3v voucher

ill look into the repairable atties.. that "ze bulli" that there's a thread about here? it looks awful complicated :)

I just added to that thread as i was learning about it along the way, could easily summarise it to make it look not so complicated.

I still buy some disposables for going out, playing golf or whatever but i know i have an atty that will work each time and configured to my liking, the lavatube will just fine tune it a bit.

Having an atomiser that works every time is much more important than a battery mod imo. Good atty first then a mod.
    No point having a super duper battery mod if your atty is not reliable.

Having said that, there seems to be alot of disposables coming out that maybe better than what i was using before.

the patriot looks interesting, and doesn't look too expensive for what is in effect a permanent atomiser. I'll definitely look into it, but i'm happy enough with the echomisers for the moment.. especially considering i have 7 of them, so I'll be doing it arseways I guess, battery mod... then great atties :)

the patriot looks interesting, and doesn't look too expensive for what is in effect a permanent atomiser. I'll definitely look into it, but i'm happy enough with the echomisers for the moment.. especially considering i have 7 of them, so I'll be doing it arseways I guess, battery mod... then great atties :)

At least you will have your Mod and at a good price too if ya get it off that link i posted. It will also enhance the performance of your echomisers so all is good.

Yeah the Patriot looks good alright, will hang on till i see some reviews.

• Advertisement

yeah, it's gona be hell opening the 2smok site every day to check if they're posting them yet :)

yeah, it's gona be hell opening the 2smok site every day to check if they're posting them yet :)

They say late December, ecigwizard and their sister site ukeliquid say Dec 10, anyones guess really.
    Solovapor says late December also.
    I'd say the price be more likely to rise so best to get in now anyway.

aye, gona head into town in an hour or so and pick up a 3v voucher
    the 2smok version comes with 5 extra bottom coil cartos compared to the ecigwizard ones too, so even if it does come a bit later it's worth it I guess.

at least that's what I'll keep telling myself

just ordered :) came to 51.70 all in all for the mod, 2 batts, 2 510 attys, 5 bottom coil cartos and a charger

not too shabby

http://www.irishvapers.ie/clearance/135-variable-voltage-ego-battery.html

irishvapers have a 3 selection vv battery going for 12 euro in a clearance sale, might be worth it if you're curious about vaping at a higher voltage but dont want to shell out big money

i have been noticing decreasing performance from my batteries in general, so I might just pick one of these up to have as a spare for when I get the lavatube

funds need to be considered though, 12 euro ain't much.. but when you add it up to the 51 for th elavatube and the 30 I spent on juices this week... le sigh

funds were considered and I went for it anyway... I need self control

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

funds were considered and I went for it anyway... I need self control

I worked out that I've spent more money on than I would have on analogues over the past few months so I know the feeling.

Those VV batteries are unregulated so they fizzle when they've been used after a while, apparently not bad all the same.

http://www.irishvapers.ie/clearance/135-variable-voltage-ego-battery.html

irishvapers have a 3 selection vv battery going for 12 euro in a clearance sale, might be worth it if you're curious about vaping at a higher voltage but dont want to shell out big money

have ordered one of these. will this run ego-t atty's and tanks?

im pretty sure, it looks just like the regular connection on an ego-t battery.

got the battery today
    first impressions of variable volt vaping, there is a definite difference between 3.2, 3.7 and 4.2 vaping. in terms of vapour, flavour and throat hit. i don't notice any huge difference with my dcc but I just filled a new one, so I think it's slightly flooded.. I'll have to keep using it through the day to see

but dripping onto a 510 the difference is very noticable

i was most curious to try it with my echomisers, but sadly it doesnt fit. the battery thread..connector.. bit is just a tiny bit shorter than the one on normal ego batteries, so i'm going to order a 510 to egot adapter
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/adapters/510-to-ego-adapter/prod_214.html
    should have it tomorrow and then I'll be able to test the echomisers.
    over all though, for 12 euro for a new battery that does 4.2 vaping.. i'm happy with it

it's ****ing huge too.. like I think it's only 650mha but it's longer than my 900mha (actually, this may be a 900mha battery... its not on the irishvapers site anymore so i cant check, but they do make them in 900mha so.. it would make sense, given the size)

---edit

uhhhh.....
    one thing that just happened

the dcc i was using in the variable volt battery doesnt fit into my regular egot battery.
    well it fits, but it won't screw in.. the threads are ****ed. now it may have been ****ed before I put them in the new battery, because I put it on the new batt straight from the plastic wrapping and the 510 atomiser i used in the new battery screws perfectly onto my egot batt's. but still, something to watch out for I guess as I have never had this happen with a dcc before. (tried it on a different egot battery, and it screws in fine. so it looks like a problem with this particular dcc, and this particular battery. nothing to worry about I guess)

edit

also, the dcc is now performing diffrently at 4.2 volts. more vapour, flavour. definitely harsher on the inhale. may be a little too harsh, but it is a lr atty and they are meant to be pretty rough at higher volts. that's why i was looking forward to testing the echomisers but tomorrow will do.

edit

also im noticing the power button is a tad sticky
    sometimes after I let go it keeps firing, and I have to press it down a few times before it stops

edit
    never actually edited a post this many times before, that looks ridiculous

battery life isn't great at 4.2 volts, but it's grand. charges quickly enough.

Try twisting the chrome band near the button - this should help the button pop up and work properly.

Do remember that these batteries are 4.2 unloaded and 3.7 loaded which still makes them better than original Joye Ego batteries which are 3.4 volts unloaded. The bummer aspect of these batteries is that they're unregulated which means the voltage drops as the battery runs down, at the end the led band will still be blue but you'll be getting closer to 3.2 than 4.2 out of it.

Still, you can't go wrong getting a snazzy looking battery for €12...

I'll be getting a Lavatube when they're available (could have bought one last week before they sold out at Solovaper) in the mean time I might get an Ego booster although they are silly money, they get up to 4.7 volts (regulated) using Ego batteries.

I find that I need more and more vapour just to be satisfied lately - over 50ml of 18mg most weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

mrplop wrote: »
    I find that I need more and more vapour just to be satisfied lately - over 50ml of 18mg most weeks.

Have you tried uping the nic%?
    50ml a week seems, well a mite excessive. If I'm right thats 9mg of nic a week, duno how many smokes that would be but I suspect 20 major a day wouldn't give you that much.

what do you mean by loaded/unloaded.. it's 4.2volts when it's not in use, but when i'm drawing on it it's 3.7?
    yeah i knew about the unrelegated thing, and have noticed that it's not as strong now as it was when i first charged it.. but still it's performing great, and as you said.. for 12 euro .. no problem

if you want a lavatube, pretty sure they still have some here http://2smok.com/mod-s/lavatube/thundervolt.html

discount code ukvapers knocks a little bit off too, only thing is no definite date for shipping only "late december"
    it's a decent price, and you get 5 free bottom coil cartos as well as the 2 atomisers that come with all the other packs

Here's a video review of the VV batteries which highlights the voltage issues with this battery;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p31nBZFn2M

They actually had genuine tangible stock of the Lavatube at Solovapor - they were €75 though, obviously sold out within a day and a half.
    I'm kicking myself because there's practically no-where on the planet that has them before december...

Here's a review of the Ego booster - over €60 but still cheaper than getting a nice looking mod;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyjXfs_uMVw

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Have you tried uping the nic%?
    50ml a week seems, well a mite excessive. If I'm right thats 9mg of nic a week, duno how many smokes that would be but I suspect 20 major a day wouldn't give you that much.

24mg used to make me feel like I had drunk to much red bull.
    I'm a constant vaper - I never stop except when I'm in bed:o

aah, I see

well at its highest setting it's still giving me more kick than the regular egot batteries I have, so i guess I have the 3.4v egot's rather than the 3.7's he had. strange that .3v would make such a difference, or maybe it was all in my head :)

still, 12 euro. pretty lights. all good.

• Advertisement

it's always when you really want something that an post ****s you over

just staring at my battery and echomiser sitting side by side, with no 510-ego adapter to connect them. sad face

--edit
    well i was able to fiddle with the battery pin to make it work yesterday so it works fine

but the 510-ego adapter came today so I thought i'd just throw it on for the laugh

it really makes the whole thing look ****ing huge

i dont think i'd even be able to fit all this in my pocket on a nigiht out

Some UK users are about to receive the Lavatube body only in the next few days and a vendor reckoned the kits won't be long after it as he saw them being packed.
    The first time they were rolled out in the UK, other countries were also sending them so hopefully we might get lucky before christmas.
    Noticed on the 2Smok site, it said ''processing-pre order'', not sure if it said processing before today.
    Glimmer of hope anyway for variable voltage vaping at the dinner table on christmas day :P

the 2smok site looks the same as it did for me a couple of days/last week ago but I guess hope springs eternal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

One for me has been dispatched yesterday, body only from ecig wizard UK.

Opit wrote: »
    One for me has been dispatched yesterday, body only from ecig wizard UK.

Let us know how ya get on with it should we be waiting till the end of this month for it.
    Seems to be working fine for everyone so far, not seen any bad reports yet.

lucky man opit :)

really looking forward to getting mine
    gona order a load of juices from healthcabin some time this month cos of the sale so will probably throw in a few regular resistance atties/cartos to the shopping card for use at your 4.x-5.x volts
    its gona be a fun christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

Arrived this morning.
    2b94c56a489eed51med.jpg

Build quality - looks just ok, cheap thread, cheap spring, everything feels and looks cheap ;)
    Main button - big and "clicky" however mine gets stuck from time to time !
    Power button, +/- bottons - very small but easy to use.
    Display - small and easy to read with good contrast
    Weight - 95g with 18650 battery 1700mAh ! (Provari 172g with 3000mAh 18650 battery)

Price (not too bad):

e7d6211f7ab23b21.jpg

After all it's not even close to ProVari and I'm not impressed however is worth its price.

Still in stock on www.ecigwizard.com UK :D

hate you so much right now

hate you so much right now

Ours won't be shipped till Jan 15th :rolleyes:

Opit, are your Provari batteries fitting the Lavatube?

The first batch they did'nt and users are saying they are this time around.
    That's some weight difference !
    You get what you pay for as they say.

• Advertisement

derra wrote: »
    Ours won't be shipped till Jan 15th :rolleyes:

Opit, are your Provari batteries fitting the Lavatube?

The first batch they did'nt and users are saying they are this time around.
    That's some weight difference !
    You get what you pay for as they say.

im pretty sure the jan 15th thing is for the second round of preorders, not ours

ours still say late december

Advertisement