Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things other people find funny, but you don't

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

A small penis. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Catherine fucking Lynch.

What ****bag in RTE thought giving that talentless woman her own 'comedy' show was a good idea.

With a couple of notable exceptions. There's a British Iranian woman who's very funny.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shappi_Khorsandi

More miss than hit imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭CapriSunFun

Chris Moyles' Quiz Night. Biggest pile of ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭ciarang85

stew on rte, thank fúck it didnt last long on tv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

The Royle Family

Monty Pythons Flying Circus

Family Guy

South Park

Sean Lock on QI. He's alright when he's doing stand up or something, but he ruins QI by talking over everyone else and having no idea what he's talking about. The same with Alan Davies.

Any kind of humour that's designed to shock rather than make people laugh. I've often heard comedians say "if I haven't shocked you I haven't done my job". No, your job is to be funny. Stop hiding the fact that you're a pathetic humourless cretin behind sick jokes.

Out of context Simpsons quotes. They might be funny on The Simpsons but when they're taken out of the programme and written on an internet forum they're anything but funny. The same goes for any other quote from a television programme. For instance "ride me sideways was another one". That makes absolutely no sense when taken out of context of the episode of Father Ted it appeared on. Also it was only mildly funny at best to begin with.

All that 'zombie apocalypse' nonsense.

Ooooh! Well I happen to find "♪♫♪♫" unfunny too. So there!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Some of those gimps on a question of sport think they're terribly funny too, in particular Ally fúcking McCoist. Everyone laughs their little heads off at his inane humour and rubbish quips. The format encourages laughter regardless I suppose:mad:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Sarcasm. And I’m not being sarcastic. And this is not a chance for someone to quote this post and say something like “Oh reall? I loooove sarcasm”.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    Sarcasm. And I’m not being sarcastic. And this is not a chance for someone to quote this post and say something like “Oh reall? I loooove sarcasm”.

But yet it will happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

du Maurier wrote: »

I really like her stuff. Way better than Jo Brand for example.

'I'm fat and Ugly' HA HA HA.

Okay Jo we get the self-deprecating bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Neil fucking Delamare. Fill your pockets with rocks and walk into the sea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

I really dislike all those panel shows with those "spontaneous" (sorry Ciaran_B) comedians clamouring to outdo each other with their little gags. They're like passengers scrabbling for a lifeboat off a sinking ship. It's truly pathetic stuff to watch. Especially when a joke falls flat but they just keep digging in order to recover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

Everything on the Dave channel that they made themselves, ie ****e shows like Argumental or the stupid old speckled hen ads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

One dimensional comedians. For instance Bill 'Chain Smoker' Hicks, George 'Atheist' Carlin, Chris 'I'm Black' Rock and Jo 'I'm Fat And Hate My Husband' Brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Little Britain

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭pippam

Farts....

Just messing, their HILARIOUS :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

Des Bishop

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Gross humour "There's something about Mary" sperm in hair scene comes to mind. So many films made now use gross humour such a lazy way of making comedy:(

Aw cmon I like that movie, what about Matt Dillion reviving the dog, absolutely priceless or the zip scene.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Aw cmon I like that movie, what about Matt Dillion reviving the dog, absolutely priceless or the zip scene.

I think that's the whole point of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

+1 on the Katherine Lynch. I want to throw my telly out when she's on it. Yes I know changing the channel would be easier, but I hate the fact that my telly even has the ability to show her on it :mad:

People that quote her (e.g. "Scaaarleh", etc) and think they're funny in doing so also make me mad :mad:

Jackass and all those gross-out shows/films, just don't get them.

Most female comedians are crap (I'm female by the way).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Harry Hill can be genius sometimes. Hit and miss ill grant you, but he deserves some defense. TV Burp is about the only comedy show I LOL at. Jimmy McNulty makes me LOL aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

I recently had the misfortune of watching Bridesmaids one night :(

Biggest pile of sh1te I've seen in ages.

That's 2 hours of my life I'll never get back :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

oh lets see off the top of my head...

Jim Carey
    Dara O'Brien
    Friends
    Killinascully
    Brendan Grace
    Eddie Izzard
    The Simpsons
    Prince of Bel Air
    Jackass
    The Mighty Bucks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

South Park. American Dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Family Guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Chris Rock, yes I understand that you're black. Now can you please tell a joke that doesn't involve you being black? Oh no wait, you can't because you aren't ****ing funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Chris Rock, yes I understand that you're black. Now can you please tell a joke that doesn't involve you being black? Oh no wait, you can't because you aren't ****ing funny.

If anyone else did it they'd be consider racist so hes a lot of material to cover :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Mrs. Brown's Boys.

I'd rather stab myself in the face than watch it.

Actually I'd rather stab Brendan O'Carroll in the face than watch it.

can you believe that the BBC have commisioned another series of that tripe:eek: have the lunatics taken over the asylum??

Python movies were great, but the TV series for the most part was self-indulgent, smarty pants, ox-bridge bollix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Any American 'sitcom' or any sitcom for that matter but particularly American ones

Anything with a laugh track. I always think "they're laughing for me so I don't have to"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

foxyboxer wrote: »

+1. I'm not alone.
    Should be. Monty Python is brilliant!

Surprised nobody mentioned The Rubberbandits. I like 'em though :).

In fairness, most comedy shows will get a laugh out of me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Blue_Seas

Family Guy

Gavin & Stacey

Puns

One liners. There's a guy on Mock the Week that does them. Not funny, it doesn't mean you're a comedian, it means you've memorized a bunch of one liners.

Advertisement