Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things other people find funny, but you don't

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

keano_afc wrote: »
    Friends.

Friends was hit and miss but when it was good it was hilarious, my fave episode was when the guys were competing against the girls for the apartment, every line was brilliant in it.

"he's a trans....transponster!"
    "THATS NOT EVEN A WORD!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Shattered Dreamer

Hardy Bucks

Its not funny

I have to agree! I grew up in Mayo pretty close to where Hardy Bucks is filmed & that is basically what everybody there is like. So basically the country people that find this funny are basically laughing at how stupid they come across to the rest of Ireland & to me that's the definition of stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

Gross humour "There's something about Mary" sperm in hair scene comes to mind. So many films made now use gross humour such a lazy way of making comedy:(

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Cillian13

Comedy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Old or new? Or all? Because I'm with if you mean the new ones. The old ones have some of the finest comdey ever to grace TV screens

Yes, new of course! Should have mentioned that part :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Superbad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Jaded Boards refrains like *gets popcorn*. Most, I'm sure, don't find this funny or amusing, but there are people still writing it so I'll take it they find it funny. It isn't. Stop it:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

Will Ferrell

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

oh and female comedians

all of them really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Anything where somebody has said to me: "did you see "x" on youtube? Check it out man, you'll piss yourself laughing." Guaranteed "x" is a big steaming pile of unfunny shíte. A co-worker did this to me the other day about some "funny" song about stealing atm machines. I had to stand there for three and a half minutes making courtesy "ha, has" at the appropriate moments while he was pissing himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Seth Rogen playing yet another loveable bum who smokes weed because, you know, smoking weed is fùcking hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

Borat *puke*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

An Idiot Abroad

• Registered Users Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭cml387

Sending in to tv,or uploading to Youtube, pictures of your toddler cracking his face against a table/the ground/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

krudler wrote: »
    Friends was hit and miss but when it was good it was hilarious, my fave episode was when the guys were competing against the girls for the apartment, every line was brilliant in it.

"he's a trans....transponster!"
    "THATS NOT EVEN A WORD!!"

I think the "Joeys Tailor" episode redeems Friends from the "Unfunny" category.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I would have said Friends too, but then I remembered the bit where Ross got his teeth bleached and the one where he bought leather pants. Not a friends fan, but those bits were damn funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Superbad
    That was just such an excellent movie. You must not like Inbetweeners either.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Tom

foxyboxer wrote: »
    I think the "Joeys Tailor" episode redeems Friends from the "Unfunny" category.

Two episodes out of 230+ is far from enough to save it from the unfunny bucket.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Pupito

Was there ever a song in Family Guy that wasn't a good excuse to go put the kettle on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Family Guy
    Kevin Bloody Wilson
    Fart/ poo jokes
    Brendan Grace/ Brendan O' Carroll

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

The Royle Family

Monty Pythons Flying Circus

Family Guy

South Park

Sean Lock on QI. He's alright when he's doing stand up or something, but he ruins QI by talking over everyone else and having no idea what he's talking about. The same with Alan Davies.

Any kind of humour that's designed to shock rather than make people laugh. I've often heard comedians say "if I haven't shocked you I haven't done my job". No, your job is to be funny. Stop hiding the fact that you're a pathetic humourless cretin behind sick jokes.

Out of context Simpsons quotes. They might be funny on The Simpsons but when they're taken out of the programme and written on an internet forum they're anything but funny. The same goes for any other quote from a television programme. For instance "ride me sideways was another one". That makes absolutely no sense when taken out of context of the episode of Father Ted it appeared on. Also it was only mildly funny at best to begin with.

All that 'zombie apocalypse' nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Those stupid posts about women and kitchens and sammiches are
    really pathetic and overused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

Shakespearean comedy.

Oh it's a woman dressed as a man! Very clever!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Pupito

Sean Lock on QI. He's alright when he's doing stand up or something, but he ruins QI by talking over everyone else and having no idea what he's talking about. The same with Alan Davies.

I like Sean Lock, I just don't think he's got the intellectual curiosity to be genuinely interested in anything that comes up on QI.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭ciarang85

the panel

thank chr!st that sh!te is gone for good

+1. I'm not alone.

Probably already mentioned, The Panel.
    Andrew Maxwell, Jason Byrne, PJ Gallagher etc
    Joe Pasquale (an egregious level of 'getting away with it')

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Catherine fucking Lynch.

What ****bag in RTE thought giving that talentless woman her own 'comedy' show was a good idea.
    danniemcq wrote: »
    oh and female comedians

With a couple of notable exceptions. There's a British Iranian woman who's very funny.

The Royle Family

Family Guy

South Park

Any kind of humour that's designed to shock rather than make people laugh. I've often heard comedians say "if I haven't shocked you I haven't done my job". No, your job is to be funny. Stop hiding the fact that you're a pathetic humourless cretin behind sick jokes.

Out of context Simpsons quotes. They might be funny on The Simpsons but when they're taken out of the programme and written on an internet forum they're anything but funny. The same goes for any other quote from a television programme. For instance "ride me sideways was another one". That makes absolutely no sense when taken out of context of the episode of Father Ted it appeared on. Also it was only mildly funny at best to begin with.

All that 'zombie apocalypse' nonsense.

Frankie Boyle.

• Advertisement

Sykk wrote: »
    The Simpsons
    Lee Evans
    Tommy Tiernan
    Ricky Gervais
    Two and a Half men and all others like it

You?

An extremely popular thread on boards is dedicated to this alone.

Advertisement