Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RHCP - 26th June 2012 Croke Park

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Just got my tickets 308 cusack stand, Does anyone know what the rule with drinking in croke park is? Can you bring your beer to your seat

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

deisedave wrote: »
    Just got my tickets 308 cusack stand, Does anyone know what the rule with drinking in croke park is? Can you bring your beer to your seat

Yes you can bring food and drink back to your seat

• Registered Users Posts: 41 hesus2003

just wondering what wud the view be like from 335 in the hogan stand?anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

hesus2003 wrote: »
    just wondering what wud the view be like from 335 in the hogan stand?anyone know?

Sat there for the All-Ireland. Poor view for matches but you're right beside the Nally. Dunno how far the stage will come out but if it's in on the Hill then you'll have a perfect view.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 hesus2003

Sat there for the All-Ireland. Poor view for matches but you're right beside the Nally. Dunno how far the stage will come out but if it's in on the Hill then you'll have a perfect view.

thanks for reply jimmy,they hardly sell them for there if the stage was going to come out very far?i think i can get 2 tickets for there might be worth it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Anyone know if you have to be 21 to drink in Croker or not? Or if you are allowed bring your own drink with you? (That's a long shot i know) :o

Anyone know if you have to be 21 to drink in Croker or not? Or if you are allowed bring your own drink with you? (That's a long shot i know) :o

Once you are 18 and have proper ID you will be grand . You cant bring in your own drink , you buy drink at Croke Park

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

So who wants to start the support rumours? I'm expecting at least one big support act maybe in the vein of Biffy Clyro or Kasabian maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

So who wants to start the support rumours? I'm expecting at least one big support act maybe in the vein of Biffy Clyro or Kasabian maybe?

they have been going on about the support quite a lot, there would have to be a big support, biffy would be class, jimmy eat world maybe??

Dont think Kasabian would suit supporting RHCP , plus i think they want to do their own big outdoor shows next summer . Think Biffy are taking some time off to work on the new album .

Maybe someone like QOTSA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 ThisIsMySeat

I bought one standing ticket yesterday (there were still some left) but on the ticket it says the row number and seat number, yet it also says "Section: Stand". So I'm a little confused, and if someone could help me that'd be great. I'm really hoping they are standing tickets because that's where my friends are watching from.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I bought one standing ticket yesterday (there were still some left) but on the ticket it says the row number and seat number, yet it also says "Section: Stand". So I'm a little confused, and if someone could help me that'd be great. I'm really hoping they are standing tickets because that's where my friends are watching from.

Thanks.

In Croke Park the seats are the Stand and the standing is Pitch. You bought tickets for the stand id say

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mop1

Thanks.

The same happened me I nearly died when I saw row and seat number on the confirmation:eek: I was so sure I had selected the pitch.
    I rang ticketmaster and he assured me that if it says STAND that its a pitch ticket.

every gig is the same, STAND means standing, they always having row numbers on them

Multi-platinum selling Californian rockers Red Hot Chili Peppers have announced that, as of today, they will release professional-quality recordings of each show on its current and upcoming tours in support of the band's latest album ‘I'm With You’.

Fans will be able to download the recordings in MP3, CD-quality FLAC, or other iTunes-friendly Lossless formats from their official website within two to three days of each show. Red Hot Chili Peppers are currently touring Europe through mid-December in support of I'm With You, which debuted at No. 2 on Billboard's Top 200 Albums chart and No. 1 on Billboard's Rock and Alternative album charts, as well as on the Top Internet Albums and iTunes Top Alternative Albums chart.

After 28 years together, the Red Hot Chilis are definitely one of the most successful acts in rock history, having sold more than 60 million albums - including five multi-platinum LPs, seven Grammy Awards, (including ‘Best Rock Album’ for ‘Stadium Arcadium’, ‘Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group’ for ‘Dani California,’ ‘Best Rock Song’ for ‘Scar Tissue,’ and ‘Best Hard Rock Performance With Vocal’ for ‘Give It Away.’) and a record for the most #1 singles in the US Alternative Songs chart with 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Thats awesome, its the same as Metallica and Linkin Park have been doing for years. Wish more bands would do this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Great idea. Gutted that they started it on the 7th I think. 2 days after the Dublin gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jakestully

I bought a pitch standing ticket yesterday. But Im a little worried that it's not going to be so much people there. there are still standing tickets left and the sale has been going on for a while now. how many people do you guys think will be there? Can the rhcp fill croke park?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

jakestully wrote: »
    I bought a pitch standing ticket yesterday. But Im a little worried that it's not going to be so much people there.
    thats a strange concern, the less people the better for me, it means you can just get closer.

I remember going to early afternoon gigs at festivals with relatively few people but it was always still full up the front with good atmosphere.

If it got to the stage where it was going to be so empty that there is no atmosphere it would probably be cancelled, which I very much doubt.

jakestully wrote: »
    I bought a pitch standing ticket yesterday. But Im a little worried that it's not going to be so much people there. there are still standing tickets left and the sale has been going on for a while now. how many people do you guys think will be there? Can the rhcp fill croke park?

Once the other bands get announced, then the tickets will sell out, that's my guess

• Advertisement

It will be a slow seller imo . As said above if they get someone big as support it will sell extra tickets

rubadub wrote: »
    thats a strange concern, the less people the better for me, it means you can just get closer.

I remember going to early afternoon gigs at festivals with relatively few people but it was always still full up the front with good atmosphere.

If it got to the stage where it was going to be so empty that there is no atmosphere it would probably be cancelled, which I very much doubt.

Yeah I guess it's easier to get closer, and probably you're right about that it will be a great atmosphere in the front even if it's far from sold out. But I just thought it would not be that cool with a half full croker. I want to be able to say that I saw the rhcp live on croke park infront of 80.000, if you now what I mean.

Im from sweden btw so it would suck to go to ireland and see rhcp on such a big venue with like 50% empty seats. But I dont know...
    Lets hope some GREAT other bands join them!

And atleast I, hope it will be sold out, especially after watching clips on utube with westlife from croke park! That looks amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,780 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Nickelback as the support band ??? :D]

It will probly be someone like QOTSA or Thin Lizzy

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭HelloYoungBoy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Shockingly pitch standing tickets are still available. Its a far cry from the demand for the O2 show.

I'm not really sure anymore whether or not it will sell out, maybe if they get Nickelback as support.

karaokeman wrote: »
    Shockingly pitch standing tickets are still available. Its a far cry from the demand for the O2 show.

I'm not really sure anymore whether or not it will sell out, maybe if they get Nickelback as support.

yea I got tickets the day it came out, I missed out on the O2 and I love when a gig I am going to sells out, kinda adds to the fun, this is kinda disappointing

I REALLY hope they get a GReAT band to support them. Rather a big band almost in the same class as rhcp and get a full stadium , than an unknown support act and half full.
    That s a pretty easy choice though :)

Hope they notice how many tickets there are left and do something to make it sell out, instead of being selfish and accept playing infront of empty chairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭MackQ

Wouldn't mind getting Pearl Jam or Faith No More as special guests. If tickets are still slow to shift then a triple bill might not be out of the question - Living Color would be great openers or what about Soundgarden who are back on the road...?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,780 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

MackQ wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind getting Pearl Jam or Faith No More as special guests. If tickets are still slow to shift then a triple bill might not be out of the question - Living Color would be great openers or what about Soundgarden who are back on the road...?

My bill

6.45- Thin Lizzy
    7.30- Nickelback
    8.30- Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

I think there are numerous reasons why this is a slow selling gig:

1. RHCP played the O2 on 04/11/2011, the same day as the Croke Park gig going on sale. Many of the 14,000 that attended the O2, of which I was one, could not afford to buy another ticket that day/week or month even. I had payed nearly €70 for my ticket plus hotel, diesel, drink, food etc.

2. People are waiting on a Slane 2012 announcment, persuming it will go ahead. Possible headliners include Stone Roses, Foo Fighters, Killers, Snow Patrol etc etc etc.

3. People are waiting on an Oxegen 2012 announcement, persuming it will go ahead. It was confirmed on 13th December last year so possible that news may come fairly soon. Oxegen may also be replaced by another festival but something will take place in July and people are waiting to see what comes out.

4. Coldplay are strongly rumoured to be playing the Aviva on 16th June 2012. A few Dublin hotels are already advertising Coldplay Concert packages. MCD are yet to confirm any details. Coldplay are scheduled for a stadium tour next Summer and there website states that Irish and European dates will be added shortly.

5. Bruce Springsteen plays the RDS in July with tickets priced at a cool €86-€96.

6. Electric Picnic early bird tickets went on sale last week which will draw its usual following plus a possible increase in demand if Oxegen changes its format away from a camping festival.

7. Marley Park series of gigs for next August have yet to be anounced but you would expect a series to take place given the relative success of this years gigs.

8. A selection of quality European festivals have been confirmed with tickets already on sale. There is always a strong following from Ireland at these festivals.

9. Sound can be poor a Croke Park unless you have pitch standing tickets or low level seating. It is a very big venue. Sound and views are always an issue for some.

10. People simply can't afford it when tickets, travel, hotels, food, drink etc etc are taken into account.

There is alot of CONFIRMATION needed with regards major events next Summer and until these have been confirmed one way or another, people will hold off and weigh up the options. Ticket sales could easily improve if some of the above DO NOT take place, however, sales might not improve if the likes of Slane, Oxegen, Coldplay etc etc all take place in June/July as expected!!!

Just a case of wait and see I'm afraid!!!

Advertisement