Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brandy and Cigars MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Panthro wrote: »
    Or 13 sponges in my case, no bloody recession in Galway with those prices!
    15 where I go but tbf I don't mind paying it - the guy takes his time, gives a great haircut and I figure it's a pint or two less per month worth sacrificing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

hello i am female i pay 50+ for hair cuts

• Registered Users Posts: 14,689 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

bluewolf wrote: »
    hello i am female i pay 50+ for hair cuts

Yeah but we get ours cut more often than ye do!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

What's up?

Had to sign on at 9.30,so I said i'd work from home 8-9,so then I wake up and i've no internet. ****in UPC.and then we get a bill,except this is 10more than normal because I requested a copy of our last bill,BECAUSE WE DIDN'T GET IT! and now i've to make up the 2hours I missed because they mistakenly asked me to go sign on. AND now i've to have a bad conversation with my boss about my job...stressful day.

Had to sign on at 9.30,so I said i'd work from home 8-9,so then I wake up and i've no internet. ****in UPC.and then we get a bill,except this is 10more than normal because I requested a copy of our last bill,BECAUSE WE DIDN'T GET IT! and now i've to make up the 2hours I missed because they mistakenly asked me to go sign on. AND now i've to have a bad conversation with my boss about my job...stressful day.
    Jésus.....that's a bit rough alright

Plan something for this evening and then you'll have something to look forwards to....like a take away or something - food always makes me happy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

hmm, that connection seems to go quite a lot for ye. Bit of a pain the way you've spent the morning there as well alright.

Dont encourage me to comfort eat paulie! :o:pac:

I'm a negative nelly since the weekend anyway so take no notice :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

What's up?

Go onto the UPC website and register, you can get all your bill electronically. Not much help with the boss but will save you having to go through all that hassle again with UPC in the future.. :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Or 13 sponges in my case, no bloody recession in Galway with those prices!

€22 across the road from me but they give you a beer so that helps :D

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    €22 across the road from me but they give you a beer so that helps :D
    Getting you locked so you won't realise they've made a mess of your hair - that's smart business right there :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Yeah but we get ours cut more often than ye do!:pac:

The females don't like that logic...we grumble about that behind their backs instead :pac:

My hair grows faster than Usain Bolt runs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

how often do ye get it done so

I would do that TP but its a shared apartment so don't think that'd work.i'll check it out though.

Paulie meant to ask,does it make much difference to use fusilli pasta instead of tagliatelle? I know to the taste it probably wouldn't but sometimes the shape does make a difference. Was going to make it tonight but forgot to take out the chicken :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

At least once a month. I normally get it shorter than I actually like it so I can last a bit longer. That sounds dirty....

If I had something on like a graduation I'd get it cut to the level I actually like it.

Paulie meant to ask,does it make much difference to use fusilli pasta instead of tagliatelle? I know to the taste it probably wouldn't but sometimes the shape does make a difference. Was going to make it tonight but forgot to take out the chicken :o

You don't need chicken believe me - made it last night - a pack of bacon and a good few mushrooms and you're good - there'll be enough there to stuff two people because the sauce is heavy.

Turned out much better last night anyway, the sauce was thicker, pasta was better cooked and I put more garlic & Parmesan into the sauce to give it more flavor - was really good.

The pasta certainly wouldn't make a difference to me anyway so you should be fine. I think why people use tag is so you can wrap it around the fork and encapsulate bacon and mushroom with it - can't do that with Fusilli - although I do love fusilli at the same time

Around once a month - and even then that's because I'm growing my hair a bit atm - I only get it thinned and tidied up a bit - would be every three weeks if I was keeping my hair short because it grows back quite fast.

Thanks paulie but i'm a savage,i'll need the chicken :o not in the mood to cook now anyway.have to ring and abuse some upc staff member when I get home.

Thanks paulie but i'm a savage,i'll need the chicken :o not in the mood to cook now anyway.have to ring and abuse some upc staff member when I get home.
    Be gentle with them :) It'll only take 30mins or so Sun so g'wan don't be gettin lazy!1 :)

Only had one sandwich for lunch too,so dont have the energy to cook. I'll go easy on them,just firm too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

I have an interview tomorrow, now I'm nervous:o
    I hate trying to pick clothes out for an interview, I'll just try to cover up as much as possible I guess....

• Advertisement

Kya1976 wrote: »
    I hate trying to pick clothes out for an interview, I'll just try to cover up as much as possible I guess....
    Best of luck Kya :)

hope it goes well for you

PaulieC wrote: »
    Best of luck Kya :)

hope it goes well for you
    Thank you, I think I need some luck:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Good luck Kya!
    If it's meant for you it won't pass you :D

Good luck Kya!
    If it's meant for you it won't pass you :D
    Thank you, I appreciate that. :)
    Well I'm keeping my fingers crossed and I hope I don't fall over or do anything too embarrassing during the interview:D

chips were had. nyom. but i'm still hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Best of luck with it!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Suggest emailing them. I would need a thread all to myself to document my UPC tale of woe. Their system is awfully flawed, but no matter. Worth it in the end.

Sky King wrote: »
    Suggest emailing them. I would need a thread all to myself to document my UPC tale of woe. Their system is awfully flawed, but no matter. Worth it in the end.

thanks, but as the account is in my landladies name they wouldn't talk to me about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Agh! My kingdom for a vocalist!

Anyone here sing and like aggressive / industrial music?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Sky King wrote: »
    Agh! My kingdom for a vocalist!

Anyone here sing and like aggressive / industrial music?

If you mean stuff like SOAD, RATM etc., then yes, I likey very much. Not exactly a singer though! You looking for a singer for a band or something?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement