Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

So yeah I think I'm gonna lose my favourite uncle :(
    I'm really sorry to hear that. :( going through a sort of similar thing myself. my granddad's been in the hospital for 6 weeks now. /: I just try to hope for the best.. (: i try to have a good laugh with him every time i visit, no matter how weak he's looking. don't lose hope! maybe you can visit your uncle sometime soon? just try to stay positive about it? :confused:
    *virtual hug* (:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Bubbleope wrote: »
    I'm really sorry to hear that. :( going through a sort of similar thing myself. my granddad's been in the hospital for 6 weeks now. /: I just try to hope for the best.. (: i try to have a good laugh with him every time i visit, no matter how weak he's looking. don't lose hope! maybe you can visit your uncle sometime soon? just try to stay positive about it? :confused:
    *virtual hug* (:

Yeah my fav uncle on my mom's side is slowly being crippled by MS and is on regular diasysis and stuff so I try to do the same, and I ain't gonna :D Just jano kinda **** that the two uncles I get on best with are the ones getting the most out of their health insurance:o

(Virtual hug back)*

*Virtual hugs are so useless in an empty house:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭BL1993

Lads, what books are you using for project maths? We are using the supplement books for text and tests 5. Anyone know any better ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Did the an triail you went to use masks? We were going to go to Belvedere but decided to go to Monaghan instead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

Yeah my fav uncle on my mom's side is slowly being crippled by MS and is on regular diasysis and stuff so I try to do the same, and I ain't gonna :D Just jano kinda **** that the two uncles I get on best with are the ones getting the most out of their health insurance:o

(Virtual hug back)*

*Virtual hugs are so useless in an empty house:pac:
    typical shi**yness of life. :(
    and i know yeah.. virtual hugs are pretty useless. real hugs are the real deal! i'd give ye a real hug if i saw ya.. (x
    ask one of your friends to call over and give you a hug? :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Cian A wrote: »
    Good thing that school came late or I would have been late too, I arrived at about 10.30 exactly with a couple friends to join the rest of my waiting year.:o (I'm bad at waking up)

What did you guys think of it? Too much smoke for my liking:p

Maire Ní Chathasaigh??? *Whispers* A Pháidraig! :D:D

I was at the afternoon one, thought it was fine. Certainly works better as a play than a bundle of words on a page. Has a bit more resonance and relevance.

Still a horrible horrible thing though, and I still hate it :pac:

Bubbleope wrote: »
    typical shi**yness of life. :(
    and i know yeah.. virtual hugs are pretty useless. real hugs are the real deal! i'd give ye a real hug if i saw ya.. (x
    ask one of your friends to call over and give you a hug? :o

I'm one of these people that knows people from all over the gaff so I don't have like a friend I can call on to give me a hug :(

Thanks guys though, hopefully I'll have good news but nothing as of yet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Did the an triail you went to use masks? We were going to go to Belvedere but decided to go to Monaghan instead :)

No, no masks:), Just 6 cast members playing about 20 roles!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Superbus wrote: »
    Were you the school that came in 15 minutes late?

Also I apologise for the raucous laughter from my peers. They aren't used to external situations.
    Might well have been :pac: We did come a bit late I think, and the hall was pretty much full so we sat in the first two rows. I was laughing too at the bit in the laundries :P
    Good thing that school came late or I would have been late too, I arrived at about 10.30 exactly with a couple friends to join the rest of my waiting year.:o (I'm bad at waking up)

What did you guys think of it? Too much smoke for my liking:p

Maire Ní Chathasaigh??? *Whispers* A Pháidraig! :D:D
    I thought it was brilliant but they couldve used smoke for the oven part :P The mam was great :pac: And the fact that all the actors were the same people was funny too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

No, no masks:), Just 6 cast members playing about 20 roles!

I'd like to have seen behind that partition yoke - some tense moments I'd say!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Did 4 hours of work. Including study. Good hustle.

Lads, I read on sky news that a Mexican prison was searched and they found 2 peacocks, 100 fighting cocks and 2 sacks of marajuana. Oh and they also found 19 prostitutes. How the hell do you hide 19 prostitutes in a prison?!?! :O :L :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

So English is tomorrow...And all I did today was have study Boland! :( I'm getting up at 5 to study Rich and Comparative and properly finish Boland, just have to pray that Heaney doesn't come up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

I think my school went to that one, not in Monaghan though :) Were the attorneys big talking head things above the stage?

leaveiton wrote: »
    I think my school went to that one, not in Monaghan though :) Were the attorneys big talking head things above the stage?

Yeah and the hands popped out from nowhere :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Did seeing the play make what's happening a bit clearer? because I'm really not good with An Triail. Who the fcuk is Seanín An Mhótair?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Yeah and the hands popped out from nowhere :L

Yep, same one :L What did you think of it? I thought it was very enjoyable, if not the best for actually helping me understand the play :p

Yeah so off the phone with the mother. Doctors aren't expecting him to wake up tomorrow, so whatever persuasion yer of just have a little half thought of him in case it all does work! Peace :)

Yeah so off the phone with the mother. Doctors aren't expecting him to wake up tomorrow, so whatever persuasion yer of just have a little half thought of him in case it all does work! Peace :)

So sorry, RIP.

So sorry, RIP.

He's not dead yet:pac:

• Advertisement

leaveiton wrote: »
    Yep, same one :L What did you think of it? I thought it was very enjoyable, if not the best for actually helping me understand the play :p

It was really good! It's so different actually seeing the play and reading it, I understand it a lot more. I loved the social worker :P but I didn't like the way they left out seainín in a few scenes!

He's not dead yet:pac:

I thought you implied that he's likely to have gone to sleep, not to wake up again.

I thought it would be nice that he's going for his final rest, that it may be a long peaceful one:)

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

Oh my God yesterday was a whole new realm of shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

Made a bet with the lads today to not shave until after the leaving cert - if I do I'll get €150, next 7 months will be interesting....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

last ever parent teacher meeting done and dusted :D Woo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

BL1993 wrote: »
    Lads, what books are you using for project maths? We are using the supplement books for text and tests 5. Anyone know any better ones?

We're using the same one, try schoolbooks.ie to see if there are other ones.

I hate having to do this history project, I have my topic chosen but its so hard to motivate myself to do the actual work!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

English was a bit of a catastrophe today. Still haven't started studying for business which is tomorrow morning, and I've to know the first 8 chapters. fml

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Irish test tomorrow on An tEarrach Thiar.. Think I won't study because of the s**t she came out with at the parent teacher meetings yesterday :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

ConTheCat wrote: »
    Think I won't study because of the s**t she came out with at the parent teacher meetings yesterday :S

I know the amount of stuff some of my teachers came up with today :O it went good or whatever but all of them downgraded me :mad:

• Advertisement

Got up this morning to get ready and got the phone call.

Just seen my Dad again when we got home and, well, think it's finally hit me. Just wanna say thanks a lot to M&S, Bubbleope and Coeur for keeping me sane last night.

RIP Rob :'(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement