Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

I'd much prefer if my teacher went slower, she just zooms through everything and overloads us with notes and then that's it done according to her! Just because we've done the 20 pics it doesn't mean we know any of them.

I s'pose, but at least you've got like forever to study them now? xD

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

Is it only our school or do the 6th Years get free Tea/Coffee during Lunch in an enclosed, heated and cosy gym sitting on the 1st floor by a big glass window? :D

Forgot to add --> And watching the rest of the years play football and stuff out in the cold. :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Bubbleope wrote: »
    Lucky!! O: My class hasn't even started An Triail yet! D; All we've done so far are Cáca Milis, Hurlamaboc, An Gnáthrud and Dís.. and i'm not sure if we've yet to do another one. And then there's like 5 poems we've done.. and only 5 out of the 20 picture stories
    and about 5 essays done.
    My teacher is actually so slow.. ahh evilness!!

I've so much crap to get done in every subject it's unreal. /:
    We did Seal i Neipeal instead of An Gnáthrud but did the rest of those stories, plus Oisín i dTír na nÓg :) We did the 5 poems like you did but we havent done any picture sequences yet, and only 2 essays so dont worry, I'd say we're about equal :P

Also I heard today that a week before the Irish orals they tell you what picture sequence is being examined..? I dont believe it one bit but does anyone know if its true :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Chuchoter wrote: »
    One day we will do biology in biology, instead of endless discussions on how gay people end up gay and are they damaged in the womb or do they fake it. Offensive class is offensive :mad:
    Did a teacher actually say that? Jesus
    I s'pose, but at least you've got like forever to study them now? xD
    Yeah I suppose :P We have an oral every month, my teacher gets different examiners to come in so we get used to talking to different people. I think that's the only thing I like about her!
    Is it only our school or do the 6th Years get free Tea/Coffee during Lunch in an enclosed, heated and cosy gym sitting on the 1st floor by a big glass window? :D

Forgot to add --> And watching the rest of the years play football and stuff out in the cold. :D
    We can stay in my yearhead's room (which is in our yearbase) at break and lunch if we want to! And we get free tea and coffee but we have to get our own cups? And we have religion in there with him and on Wednesdays he brings in cups and biscuits :) He's such a legend :D

We can stay in my yearhead's room (which is in our yearbase) at break and lunch if we want to! And we get free tea and coffee but we have to get our own cups? And we have religion in there with him and on Wednesdays he brings in cups and biscuits :) He's such a legend :D

We can go to almost any room. But we prefer the gym, there is a kitchen in there with Cups, boiling water, Toasters and comfy padded floor and benches. All we need is to bring in is the Toaster Bag for the toasting the sandwiches. :D
    Then on Tuesday, we have after school Chemistry. The teacher brings in Bananas, Cookies, Bars and Tea/Coffee. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Today we had to use an entire can of strawberry air freshener and an air purifier in our classroom because it smells so bad. The caretaker thinks something died behind the lockers. Bet you wish you went to my school.

Namlub wrote: »
    Today we had to use an entire can of strawberry air freshener and an air purifier in our classroom because it smells so bad. The caretaker thinks something died behind the lockers. Bet you wish you went to my school.

Do you stay in the same room all day?

Do you stay in the same room all day?
    Nope, it's my base class though and I had double English in there. My teacher thought it was the air purifier that was causing the smell >_>

Nope, it's my base class though and I had double English in there. My teacher thought it was the air purifier that was causing the smell >_>

Your teacher is an absolute genius! :rolleyes:

Let's see who's who:

1. rusty_racer94 - Clifden Community School, Clifden Co. Galway.

• Advertisement

Patchy~ wrote: »
    We did Seal i Neipeal instead of An Gnáthrud but did the rest of those stories, plus Oisín i dTír na nÓg :) We did the 5 poems like you did but we havent done any picture sequences yet, and only 2 essays so dont worry, I'd say we're about equal :P

Also I heard today that a week before the Irish orals they tell you what picture sequence is being examined..? I dont believe it one bit but does anyone know if its true :pac:
    That would be really awesome if it actually is true!! ;D We've way too much to be learning for them picture yokes. O:
    And I s'pose your right. (: I shant worry!! xD

My school are such shcabby bastards they make us pay 2 euro for a drink!! D:
    Yeah I suppose :P We have an oral every month, my teacher gets different examiners to come in so we get used to talking to different people. I think that's the only thing I like about her!

Lucky! O; She sounds like a good teacher. All my class has got is just the one teacher.. and he doesn't even look at ya when you're talking to him. He just stares at the wall beside ya and stuff. O: It's really distracting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

My school are such shcabby bastards they make us pay 2 euro for a drink!! D:
    1.50 for a cuppa in my school. 80c for a cup of boiling water. :rolleyes:

We've a tiny balcony for our "social area" :p it's so cramped you can hardly turn around! And don't even think about getting to your locker within 15 minutes of the bell ringing..and they cut the electricity to the plugs up there too! :mad:

1.50 for a cuppa in my school. 80c for a cup of boiling water. :rolleyes:

We've a tiny balcony for our "social area" :p it's so cramped you can hardly turn around! And don't even think about getting to your locker within 15 minutes of the bell ringing..and they cut the electricity to the plugs up there too! :mad:

Disgraceful! Although I don't think we have to pay for boiled water. xD
    They hardly ever have the heating on in my school.. i wear the school jumper and the school's p.e. hoody at the same time cause of it.
    But surely you can go somewhere else rather than a cramped balcony? xD

Disgraceful! Although I don't think we have to pay for boiled water. xD
    They hardly ever have the heating on in my school.. i wear the school jumper and the school's p.e. hoody at the same time cause of it.
    But surely you can go somewhere else rather than a cramped balcony? xD
    Oh stop, our heating is never on. We're always freezing and we're not allowed to wear scarves/gloves/hoodies/coats/ANYTHING. :(
    Somewhere else? Not a chance. First to thirds years are located on the street, the main corridor of the school with all the classrooms off it, er..fourth and fifth share the main hall, and we're on the balcony overlooking the main hall. Nowhere else to do! It's stupid. :(

Oh stop, our heating is never on. We're always freezing and we're not allowed to wear scarves/gloves/hoodies/coats/ANYTHING. :(
    Somewhere else? Not a chance. First to thirds years are located on the street, the main corridor of the school with all the classrooms off it, er..fourth and fifth share the main hall, and we're on the balcony overlooking the main hall. Nowhere else to do! It's stupid. :(
    WHAT!? Jesus.. something needs to be done about your school! Are like the 1st to 3rd years eating their lunch on the street like a bunch of hobos? O: O:

WHAT!? Jesus.. something needs to be done about your school! Are like the 1st to 3rd years eating their lunch on the street like a bunch of hobos? O: O:
    It's actually terrible. On either end of the school we've like, automatic doors. They're at the edge of the 1st and eh..3rd year's areas? Every time they open all you get is like, a massive gust of wind and rain and it's freezing!
    Gotta love the random rat traps in all the classrooms and locker rooms, too..:p

It's actually terrible. On either end of the school we've like, automatic doors. They're at the edge of the 1st and eh..3rd year's areas? Every time they open all you get is like, a massive gust of wind and rain and it's freezing!
    Ah c'mon, you can't be serious about the rat traps? XD Your school doesn't sound quite normal to me! xD

Ah c'mon, you can't be serious about the rat traps? XD You school doesn't sound quite normal to me! xD
    I'm deadly serious! In fourth year, a girl in my english class kicked one and a little poison fell out. :rolleyes:
    Sure we've bits of ceilings (the polystyrene-ish paneling stuff?) missing about 2 cubicles in our bathroom and everything. :p
    We've a new principal this year though, and she's trying to fix the place up a bit. :)

We're really not painting a good picture of Cork schools here :P

And I don't get what people mean about having to pay for tea and coffee do you have vending machines and stuff? All we have is a kettle...

We're really not painting a good picture of Cork schools here :P

And I don't get what people mean about having to pay for tea and coffee do you have vending machines and stuff? All we have is a kettle...
    Hahaha well, did I mention we've our own christmas tree around december? :p
    It's a full 2ft tall!

We don't have any vending machines or anything. We did, but it was taken away 5 years ago. :(
    We've a tuck shop though. It's tiny, crap and everything's really expensive. 3.50 for a cup of fruit..a little plastic cup of fruit. 3.50!

• Advertisement

I'm deadly serious! In fourth year, a girl in my english class kicked one and a little poison fell out. :rolleyes:
    Sure we've bits of ceilings (the polystyrene-ish paneling stuff?) missing about 2 cubicles in our bathroom and everything. :p
    We've a new principal this year though, and she's trying to fix the place up a bit. :)

Haha yeah, try and fix it up in your final year. xD My school was luckily fixed up before I was in 1st year! Pure up to date like. Except it doesn't have automatic doors. Damn you! xD

Well in my school we queue up for food and hot drinks and stuff. Our canteen has this coffee-like maker yoke except it only has hot water in it. So the canteen people just put some hot water in a cup for ya with a tea bag or coffee and you add the milk yourself. XD I'm craving a cup of tea now just talking about it!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

guys !!! My school is under construction at the moment !! so all we can hear is BANG BANG BANG while we are trying to study and learn and do you know what the killer is? we wont even get to use the "new building" :(
    We also have to pay for plastic forks and spoons as they are not included in the soup / pasta or whatever... all the food is from Lydl no joke guys our year head confirmed this.! and we pay top dollar for it :O
    Rat traps pffft try actual rats in your prefabs and dead ones coming out of the canteen :P

all we can hear is BANG BANG BANG

We also have to pay for plastic forks and spoons as they are not included in the soup / pasta or whatever... all the food is from Lydl no joke guys our year head confirmed this.! and we pay top dollar for it :O
    Rat traps pffft try actual rats in your prefabs and dead ones coming out of the canteen :P
    There's work going on in ours too, we're hearing the same. It's so annoying! :mad:
    Jesus, that's mad! Please say ye just bring your own forks and stuff?! Our crap's from there too, I know how you feel. :P
    Haha I'll post you over a few rat traps! God knows we've got plenty. :p

guys !!! My school is under construction at the moment !! so all we can hear is BANG BANG BANG while we are trying to study and learn and do you know what the killer is? we wont even get to use the "new building" :(

Hahaha! :D I don't feel as bad about my school now. XD Paying for plastic forks and spoons... well I never. :eek::p Lidl.. they have yummy sweets though! You must admit!! xD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

We've a tuck shop though. It's tiny, crap and everything's really expensive. 3.50 for a cup of fruit..a little plastic cup of fruit. 3.50!

3.50???:eek: Haven't bought anything in the canteen this year, haven't had time to go in, but last year a polystyrene cup full of fruit (fairly decent fruit like) was around €1 Prices have changed this year but I doubt the price of the fruit has gone up as they want too keep it cheaper than the junk to encourage healthy eating.

Hahaha well, did I mention we've our own christmas tree around december? :p
    It's a full 2ft tall!

We don't have any vending machines or anything. We did, but it was taken away 5 years ago. :(
    Pfft, well my school's in the Christmas ad for Guinness! Well, the entrance...

Yeahhh ours got taken away after overexcited first years kept shaking it to make the Haribo fall out. We were those excited first years :'(
    And everyone's so fancy with their canteens, we eat in our classrooms

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

Are we like, in the same school? :pac:

A few years ago a rat died under the floor in one of the prefabs, was ages before they found it so the smell was unreal :( That prefab was supposed to be torn down 20 years ago, but it's still going strong... :pac:

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Prices have changed this year but I doubt the price of the fruit has gone up as they want too keep it cheaper than the junk to encourage healthy eating.
    A choco muffin's 1.50 (one of those ones you can get for like, 75c? :rolleyes:) so the whole "eat healthy" thing doesn't work. :P
    Pfft, well my school's in the Christmas ad for Guinness! Well, the entrance...

Yeahhh ours got taken away after overexcited first years kept shaking it to make the Haribo fall out. We were those excited first years :'(
    And everyone's so fancy with their canteens, we eat in our classrooms
    Your school is amazing! :eek: I wish mine was in an ad! :P

Oh god, we did that in first year too! :D That's why it was taken away..
    We don't have a canteen either. the shop's just a hope in the wall and we take our stuff to our area. :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

I know how you guys feel with the schools being done up but you not getting to enjoy it sort of...the students council suggested a 6th year room to us, we all said yes and basically it means that next year's sixth years will have it ¬_¬

Our debs committee is finally set up too :D Wooooo!

• Advertisement

Our debs committee was set up last year. I'm on it. :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement