Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭BL1993

Is it just me, or is English the most horrible subject known to man?

(I only have 3 essays due for Friday. My view is not biased.) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭siobhanod93

13spanner wrote: »
    History, history, history.... :(

How are you studying for History? We're getting an essay a week starting with Europe :o
    BL1993 wrote: »

English......... something I will never forget it fro the reast of my life.... "Define 6th year"..... English!

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

Namlub wrote: »
    I'd actually bite someone's face off for some KC's right now...mmmmmmm creole.

You non-Cork folk (and some unenlightened Cork folk) won't know what I mean >_>

Now I want KC's...haven't gone there in like a year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Haha that's brilliant! I had a home ec test today... The only thing that saved me was that she gave us the test, and then let us look over topics that were on the test. Which was really odd.
    Rofl, what an epic teacher <3
    Chuchoter wrote: »
    I just found out your username is a band! And a really good band too! :D
    Yus yus yus, I love her! <3
    Hahahahaha is that what it is? That makes more sense :P I noticed that it was French, and being the extremely talented French student that I am (ordinary level ftw) I google translated it... Came out as 'Heart Hacker'... I was too afraid to ask :L
    Hahaha, it means Pirate's Heart :)

I love English :) Irish is the bane of my life though

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Eoin Cunniffe 94

Nothing like hitting the gym and then the pool and sauna after a tough day of school settled on the couch now with A game of thrones 6th pfffffftttt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭BL1993

I'm assuming you're doing Higher level. If you just dropped, it would be the best thing in your academic life. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Nothing like hitting the gym and then the pool and sauna after a tough day of school settled on the couch now with A game of thrones 6th pfffffftttt

I meant to go for a run tonight actually. Stupid constant rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Rofl, what an epic teacher <3

Hahaha, it means Pirate's Heart :)

she actually is, I love her. I just dunno what came over her this morning :P

Haha yeah I thought so... Then google told me otherwise :rolleyes: Heart Hacker sounds like the name of either a heavy metal group or a sh*t song by a girl band :L

I'm assuming you're doing Higher level. If you just dropped, it would be the best thing in your academic life. :P
    I really want to, it would lift SO much stress off me. But that would leave me with 5 honours :/
    I went to the gym earlier, I hate the gym
    she actually is, I love her. I just dunno what came over her this morning :P

Haha yeah I thought so... Then google told me otherwise :rolleyes: Heart Hacker sounds like the name of either a heavy metal group or a sh*t song by a girl band :L
    Pahahah, it'll be Girls Aloud's next single!

Pahahah, it'll be Girls Aloud's next single!

Haha sung to tune of will.I.am and Cheryl Coles song 'heart breaker' cos they're, like, so original.

"You're a heart haaaaacker, you're a heart haaaaaaaacker" I can see it now.

• Advertisement

Haha sung to tune of will.I.am and Cheryl Coles song 'heart breaker' cos they're, like, so original.

"You're a heart haaaaacker, you're a heart haaaaaaaacker" I can see it now.

I was thinking something more along the lines of "Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii'm in the moooooood, for haaaaaaaaaaackinnnnnnn', heart-hackinnnnnnnn', woah I'm givin' it all tonight!"

I meant to go for a run tonight actually. Stupid constant rain.[/Quote]

I love it it gets rid of all the stress from school :) I know I used to run the roads but it's either to wet or dark now :(

@courdepirate I love it look forward to it most days :)

Yeah, I think I'm joining the school run thing this week but I'm afraid they'll be all like crazy fast and fit when my idea of a good run is about 20 minutes. :P Its too dark and empty out now.

I was thinking something more along the lines of "Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii'm in the moooooood, for haaaaaaaaaaackinnnnnnn', heart-hackinnnnnnnn', woah I'm givin' it all tonight!"

*poker face* h-h-h-heart hacking h-h-heart hackiiiiiiiing. Ma ma ma maowwwwwww.

I meant to go for a run tonight actually. Stupid constant rain.

I love it it gets rid of all the stress from school :) I know I used to run the roads but it's either to wet or dark now :(

@courdepirate I love it look forward to it most days :)[/QUOTE]
    Lucky! I hate it, I have no motivation to go, I only joined cause otherwise I'd be an obese bastard after this year, I'm eating so much comfort food to get me through being stressed about NOT doing any study, yet still doing nothing about it :rolleyes:
    Yeah, I think I'm joining the school run thing this week but I'm afraid they'll be all like crazy fast and fit when my idea of a good run is about 20 minutes. :P Its too dark and empty out now.

My idea of a run is 5 mins, then out comes the inhaler and the cigarettes! :P

You should you'll catch up fierce quick :) my idea of a run is in around the same but I'm mad into football so I get runs in there if its too dark :) it's annoying because I live in the middle of nowhere and roads are about 2 feet wide not exactly smart to run here in the dark :/

I have a perfectly good green, but then you know how it is. Rapists hide in bushes and jump out on women runners when it gets dark. :P

I have a perfectly good green, but then you know how it is. Rapists hide in bushes and jump out on women runners when it gets dark. :P

It's so weird that you said that it sounds like something I'd say :L

I have that problem in the gym auld guys wearing see through short shorts and leering at everyone :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Why haven't I been posting in the off topic up to now. This seems like a perfect new place for me to procrastinate. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Sarah?

Run faster then. :P :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Joey. wrote: »
    Namlub wrote: »
    I'd actually bite someone's face off for some KC's right now...mmmmmmm creole.

You non-Cork folk (and some unenlightened Cork folk) won't know what I mean >_>

Now I want KC's...haven't gone there in like a year :(
    I had a King Creole Sunday it was only delish! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

I'm so stressed after shtalking through a bit of this thread! D: HOW HAS SOMEONE DONE THE 20 PICTURE STORIES IN IRISH ALREADY? D:D: HOW? O:
    Agh, I've a horrible feeling that I won't be relaxing during the midterm. /:
    blergh.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

I've done 5 poems, all the prose (4 I think?) and Cáca Milis, some essays and a reading comp or two ages ago and we're on Mailí's evidence in An Triail...but no picture sequences or listenings yet. Ahhh :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

Patchy~ wrote: »
    I've done 5 poems, all the prose (4 I think?) and Cáca Milis, some essays and a reading comp or two ages ago and we're on Mailí's evidence in An Triail...but no picture sequences or listenings yet. Ahhh :eek:

Lucky!! O: My class hasn't even started An Triail yet! D; All we've done so far are Cáca Milis, Hurlamaboc, An Gnáthrud and Dís.. and i'm not sure if we've yet to do another one. And then there's like 5 poems we've done.. and only 5 out of the 20 picture stories
    and about 5 essays done.
    My teacher is actually so slow.. ahh evilness!!

I've so much crap to get done in every subject it's unreal. /:

Bubbleope wrote: »
    I'm so stressed after shtalking through a bit of this thread! D: HOW HAS SOMEONE DONE THE 20 PICTURE STORIES IN IRISH ALREADY? D:D: HOW? O:
    Agh, I've a horrible feeling that I won't be relaxing during the midterm. /:
    blergh.
    I'd much prefer if my teacher went slower, she just zooms through everything and overloads us with notes and then that's it done according to her! Just because we've done the 20 pics it doesn't mean we know any of them.

One day we will do biology in biology, instead of endless discussions on how gay people end up gay and are they damaged in the womb or do they fake it. Offensive class is offensive :mad:

One day we will do biology in biology, instead of endless discussions on how gay people end up gay and are they damaged in the womb or do they fake it. Offensive class is offensive :mad:

A teacher hardly discussed this did they? :eek: I'd report it to someone tbh, that's way too far! You're there to learn!

On the other hand, today I failed maths for the first time ever! :(

Oh dear, don't be too down, its just one test. I've a massive one to get back in the next few days too :(

I spoke to the teacher later that day and said I thought the class was out of line. Hopefully we can stay on topic in future. :/

I got 32% :( It was only differentiation but they were so hard! :(

It's good that you said it anyways I've kept quiet about similar things like that before and had to put up with it till the end of the year!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Sarah?

M&S* wrote: »
    On the other hand, today I failed maths for the first time ever! :(

Same here, not surprised though... First higher level test since 3rd Year was bound to go badly! :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement