Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How will you celebrate the junior cert results night?

Options
  • 11-08-2011 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭

Im not really sure yet, only been to wezz twice and dont really like it too much, will your shool arrange disco or what? rwill you just hang out with friends?go away somewhere nice on holidays?go to cinema? go with family to dinner. Im not sure what I ll do yet.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

probably go to the queenz results disco in ennis

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I've never been a wild partyer so I'll probably have a game of golf or snooker and go out for dinner with my family or have some friends up to my house to get pizza and play xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭bb1234567

same dont like parties much either , sounds good, might do something like that:)

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

I doubt I'm going to be celebrating tbh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

FYG wrote: »
    I doubt I'm going to be celebrating tbh.

I bet you a tenner you will do better than you think.

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    I bet you a tenner you will do better than you think.

I'm banned from betting on Boards. :(

Anyway, I'm not going to celebrate regardless if I'm happy with my results or not.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Really though, almost everyone does better than they think they will. The exam is designed like that.

You will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Really though, almost everyone does better than they think they will. The exam is designed like that.

You will be fine.

If this is true, on my behalf, I will kiss you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

I'm banned from betting on Boards. :(

Haha, you even apply it here :pac:
    I think i'm going to a party at a lads house :) Hopefully i can happily celebrate :D

MarkD09 wrote: »
    Haha, you even apply it here :pac:

Yeah, I got a PM from an A/R/T Mod saying I couldn't make bets in the A/R/T forum. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Yeah, I got a PM from an A/R/T Mod saying I couldn't make bets in the A/R/T forum. :o

A/R/T?

MarkD09 wrote: »
    A/R/T?

Athletics/Racing/Triathalon.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Jorda 12

What date are the results out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

You will be fine.

I hope your right, because Im fairly certain I did terribly in science... My only saving grace will be (hopefully) the 10% for experimental notebook and 25% for project.

Jorda 12 wrote: »
    What date are the results out ?

The SEC say 'Mid September'.
    My guess would be the 14th, though they could be earlier.

Once the LC results go out this week, all the work in Athlone switches to inputting the JC results, so it takes a while - more candidates, more subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Jorda 12

The SEC say 'Mid September'.
    My guess would be the 14th, though they could be earlier.

Once the LC results go out this week, all the work in Athlone switches to inputting the JC results, so it takes a while - more candidates, more subjects.

Cheers !

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

yeah, i'm ALMOST 100% sure the results are the 14th, my friend's mam is in SEC for the summer and that's what she said :)
    oohh not sure if i'm looking forward to results, i feel like everyone expects a lot of me and it's just pressure on me!:/ I hope what you say is true, Spurious, :eek:;);)
    regards celebrating, is anyone heading to Cartown new generation teenage disco?! I think thats where i'll be headed:p

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭iwasonbwh

whatever happens i'm going to lie about and look forward to the rest of ty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

It's the 14th, did you not get the letter during your exams with your number for accessing the results online?

It said the 14th :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I'll probably go out to what will be my last disco ever (!) and hopefully I'll be happy enough for it to be a good night. I've started thinking about results a bit, kinda wishing I hadn't been so light-hearted about the whole thing, I really don't want to be disappointed on the 14th of September. But no matter what, I'll take what I get and smile anyway and continue on with 5th year. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Slow Show wrote: »
    I'll probably go out to what will be my last disco ever (!) and hopefully I'll be happy enough for it to be a good night. I've started thinking about results a bit, kinda wishing I hadn't been so light-hearted about the whole thing, I really don't want to be disappointed on the 14th of September. But no matter what, I'll take what I get and smile anyway and continue on with 5th year. :)

You and me both I also was thinking how I never really pushed myself... Part of that was that I ddnt like some of the subjects but I wasnt aloud to drop any. For example I hated tech graph, and it just turned me off, thinking about studying for it. Then I got lazy and didnt study as hard as I could for other subjects... The new 1st year are so lucky with them only having to sit 8 subjects... But I'm hoping to be better next year, tech graph gone(thank god) I think studying wont be such a chore. Hopefully anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Geekness1234

My school is going to this activity centre,to stop us getting sh!t faced!My friends seem to think it will be sh!t,even though they hardly know what we will be doing!

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

It's the 14th, did you not get the letter during your exams with your number for accessing the results online?

It said the 14th :P
    Ah cool, good to know its deffo that date!:) umm no though, didnt get the letter, our school told us they had the pins but that theyd give us them nearer the results as they didnt trust us not to loose them!:|:L and then they wonder why people in the real world arent capable of taking responsability(cough, cough, government and banks in Ireland!!:P

Hmm as for the activities centre, not actually a horrible idea, would be a fun day with the year without the stress of having to organise sonething with friends! As for stopping people getting ****faced, if people want to chances are they will, be it after they've been brought to an activity centre or if they are hanging around doing nothing. The only thing it might be controlling is the quantity of alcohol they have time to consume.i'm all for a little celebration but seriously, some people will be so pissed they'd probably shift a tree or something. Being able to remember the night is nice!:cool:

I'm guessing we have no school on the 15th so?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

oh no we do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Ranrooni

I'm guessing we have no school on the 15th so?
    Ha you wish.. they're so stupid we should have gotten the bl**dy day off !! icon8.gif

Schools are not allowed give people 'days off' any more. Many still do of course, but the DES can kick up a stink if they want.

No more posts mentioning or encouraging drinking, thanks. It's sad enough that it seems to be the only way LC students can imagine celebrating, let alone JC students.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭scipsss

Schools are not allowed give people 'days off' any more. Many still do of course, but the DES can kick up a stink if they want.

No more posts mentioning or encouraging drinking, thanks. It's sad enough that it seems to be the only way LC students can imagine celebrating, let alone JC students.

none of yo business

scipsss - Two month ban for questioning a mod, along with abusive messages and trolling the LC forum.

• Advertisement

Hooray for not drinking! Never have, never will. :cool:
    scipsss wrote: »
    none of yo business

Smart. :rolleyes:

:pac:

Advertisement