Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[RULES QUESTIONS]Any questions or are unsure about anything, ask here before posting.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

Guys, this question is bit convoluted so bear with me.

Many months ago I offered an AEG to a user who posted a WANTED ad, they didn't want it in the end so I held onto it. Another user has recently posted a wanted ad for the same type of AEG so I have offered mine for sale, the issue is that in the interim I have had work done on the gun which cost me money so the price I offered it at is higher than when I had responded to the old wanted ad. Although it is the same AEG am I OK to post a higher price as it has had upgrades which cost me money?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Fire ahead there Decoy, nothing in the rules against that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

If you have secured a deal with someone but after the first deal PM is sent you havent received a reply in a few days are you legible to cancel that deal and continue it with someone else?

Clarification and/or ruling required

In a case where a user advertises kit for sale, agrees deals on some/most of it, then withdraws the entire list of kit, then a relatively short while later re-advertises the same kit, do any offers accepted on the original thread still stand?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Sorry for the late reply.
    AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    If you have secured a deal with someone but after the first deal PM is sent you havent received a reply in a few days are you legible to cancel that deal and continue it with someone else?
    Yes, absolutely. In general 2 days is more than enough to wait for a reply. If they have been online and posting elsewhere then less.
    Decoy wrote: »
    Clarification and/or ruling required

In a case where a user advertises kit for sale, agrees deals on some/most of it, then withdraws the entire list of kit, then a relatively short while later re-advertises the same kit, do any offers accepted on the original thread still stand?
    It depends on what relatively short means - it also depends on whether the offers were for the entire kit or for individual items that were still available.
    If you can point me to a thread, I'll have a look.

• Advertisement

Steve wrote:
    It depends on what relatively short means - it also depends on whether the offers were for the entire kit or for individual items that were still available.
    If you can point me to a thread, I'll have a look.

Original thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056227526

Subsequent thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056243169

It's a moot point for me because it all worked out OK in as far as I got the items I was interested in, but a ruling one way or the other might be a useful precedent to have on the books.

Decoy wrote: »
    Original thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056227526

Subsequent thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056243169

It's a moot point for me because it all worked out OK in as far as I got the items I was interested in, but a ruling one way or the other might be a useful precedent to have on the books.
    Ouch, that was a bit messy. :)

From reading the first one it looked like the deal had gone ahead. It was marked withdrawn by another mod on the 2nd - personally I won't do that unless the ad has been inactive (nobody posting for 2 days) but it looked ok to do at the time to the other mod.

To answer your question: Yes, I would consider your offer still valid in this case. That can't really be taken as precedent though as the circumstances here were a bit off the beaten track.

The time between re-posting the items was fine in it's own right if there had been no anomalies with the first one.

Hope that answers your question.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

Issue resolved thanks

MajorMax wrote: »
    Hi. I bought a sight off Toshiba2010 today
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71781678
    The problem is that it is defective. When he sold it to me it had no battery so I was a little wary that I couldn't check it. I brought it home and fitted a battery. In order for the aimpoints to work you have to press down on the aimpoint selection knob on the top and keep pressing down. I sent him a PM to see if I can meet to return. I know he's online but he hasn't come back to me. I know it's my own fault and I feel like a fool but he seemed like a nice guy. Do I have any options?
    Have you brought it up with the seller? that's your first port of call.

Most people here are willing to sort these thing out - if not then they don't last long. Boards / Airsoft adverts is only a means to communicate so there's not a lot we can do to as regards what you are asking. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭F.U.B.A.R

Hey guys this might be off topic but I just set up a paypal account but theres nothing in it and its unverified can i still receive payments off people?

Cheers
    Killian

• Advertisement

Don't know, you're better off asking paypal about that directly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭IrishMactire

I was wondering; If you make an offer on an item in a thread, when there are several items on the thread can the person ignore your offer and just say "I don't want to split the items" if it was not stated in the original post that they were not selling the items individually.

(for context I am referring to this thread; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72159573#post72159573)

Am am not all that bothered by it really, just curious as to whether there are any rules/guidelines concerning this (mainly for future reference).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

by rights any "conditions of sale" should be in the first post.

thermo wrote: »
    by rights any "conditions of sale" should be in the first post.

So would that mean that my offer for one of the items (having not been turned down directly) would stand over an offer later made on all the items together?

So would that mean that my offer for one of the items (having not been turned down directly) would stand over an offer later made on all the items together?

offers of asking within the conditions of sale should be ok.

offers of asking within the conditions of sale should be ok.

Okey, thanks for the information.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

Just looking for some clarification please.
    SELLER ; Item for sale €50
    BUYER 1 ; Offer €30
    SELLER ; Make it €40 and it's yours
    BUYER 2 ; Offer €40
    SELLER ; Will get back to BUYER 2 when I hear from BUYER 1 as per charter.

Buyer 2 is the FIRST to offer new asking price so who gets the item ? and I couldn't find anything about this in the charter (time limit)
    I didn't link to the actual thread because it is not a high importance purchase for me but it just started me thinking and I would like to know the rules on such matters.(I did take the time to look , I couldn't find anything)

if buyer 2 offers the new asking they have first refusal.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭airsofttrev

hi i have just been accused by a user named overhead for trying to get him to put money onto a card for me before the sale went through please check my post titled scar and see what i sent back im not to happy about this
    Steve wrote: »
    As the title says, if you are unsure what to do next on a thread, please ask here before posting.
    If you need a forum rule explained, ask here.
    If you have a specific problem with a post in a thread then please report it as usual, this thread is not for that.

We'll do our best to explain the hows and whys and advise you on how to proceed.

The aim of this thread is to provide an open platform for anyone to discuss the rules and how they apply in particular circumstances.

Bear in mind though the mods decision is still final and the spirit of the rules always outweighs the letter of the rules.

Nasty bits aside, please feel free to discuss anything that you think is unclear and / or you are unsure of. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Robabob

Just wondering why I can't edit this thread...well the opening post of this thread. I want to mark some bits as sold :)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72934385#post72934385

I can edit my other posts in the thread but not I don't have the option to edit the main one?

Thanks,
    Rob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Robabob wrote: »
    Just wondering why I can't edit this thread...well the opening post of this thread. I want to mark some bits as sold :)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72934385#post72934385

I can edit my other posts in the thread but not I don't have the option to edit the main one?

Thanks,
    Rob

Normally uou have two days in which to edit the Op. After this you can qoute yourself and change further down the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Robabob

andy_g wrote: »
    Normally uou have two days in which to edit the Op. After this you can qoute yourself and change further down the page.

Ah, I see. I did not realise this, good to know. thanks Andy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I had an advert up a long time ago, a user was interested and never contacted me anymore about it, can i post a lower price into it to bring it back up?

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    I had an advert up a long time ago, a user was interested and never contacted me anymore about it, can i post a lower price into it to bring it back up?

whats a long time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

whats a long time?

4 months ago, am i able to start a new advert?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

Was just looking over the Airsoft Adverts Forum Charter & am wondering about 12.No forbidden items (are aloud to be sold), is there a list of forbidden items somewhere as I can't find it?.

Was just looking over the Airsoft Adverts Forum Charter & am wondering about 12.No forbidden items (are aloud to be sold), is there a list of forbidden items somewhere as I can't find it?.
    Hi,

There's a link in the charter to the adverts rules on the boards wiki - the list is in there.

The rules on it are a wee bit out of date (in adverts terms) but the list you seek is there and still accurate. :)

http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Adverts_Rules

Hi,

There's a link in the charter to the adverts rules on the boards wiki - the list is in there.

The rules on it are a wee bit out of date (in adverts terms) but the list you seek is there and still accurate. :)

http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Adverts_Rules

Cheers for that, going on what's on the list would training / dummy knifes be okay to sell here?

They would be non metal with no sharp edges or sharp tip, can see that blades are not aloud & if this is correct the above item would be okay to sell here right?

As long as it's not an actual knife or could be considered a weapon then it's fine.

Have you a link to one I could look at?

• Advertisement

As long as it's not an actual knife or could be considered a weapon then it's fine.

Have you a link to one I could look at?

Here you go: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/864/trainingdummyknife.jpg/

Advertisement