Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with IOL-Free Email

Options
  • 13-04-2011 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Anyone out there in the same boat as me and encountering problems with the IOL Mail service yesterday and today? Cant access my emails at all as the webpage wont connect. Had this problem yesterday but it was resolved last night. However the problem is back again today. Could not connect on NUIG PC's or on my own laptop. This has happened in the past as well. Advice anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Ara Musha wrote: »
    Anyone out there in the same boat as me and encountering problems with the IOL Mail service yesterday and today? Cant access my emails at all as the webpage wont connect. Had this problem yesterday but it was resolved last night. However the problem is back again today. Could not connect on NUIG PC's or on my own laptop. This has happened in the past as well. Advice anyone?

This will sound very unhelpful and snobbish but you should go to Gmail or some other mail provider. IOL has died a death. It was big when I was young and we got out first proper PC and even then it wasn't that big.

Have you contacted their support?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Ara Musha

Wompa1 wrote: »
    This will sound very unhelpful and snobbish but you should go to Gmail or some other mail provider. IOL has died a death. It was big when I was young and we got out first proper PC and even then it wasn't that big.

Have you contacted their support?

Yep, I've moved to Gmail already. But I still use the IOL account on occasion. If I ever get to log into it again I'll be closing down the account completely and forwarding everything to my Gmail address. I would contact their support but it seems to be impossible to find out where they are. BT Ireland used to run the site but they pulled out of the Irish market so the site seems to be neglected of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

Ask in the Tech->Computers section and you will get a better response

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Yep, I've moved to Gmail already. But I still use the IOL account on occasion. If I ever get to log into it again I'll be closing down the account completely and forwarding everything to my Gmail address. I would contact their support but it seems to be impossible to find out where they are. BT Ireland used to run the site but they pulled out of the Irish market so the site seems to be neglected of late.

You are damn right. That's what I'd do too. I'd imagine it's smaller they are getting so less support staff and more of a nightmare for the users. Like the suggestion though, try the tech forum..might have some IOL users in there. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ask in the Tech->Computers section and you will get a better response
    Moved from Galway City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭lee70

I still can't get into my email can you?

lee70 wrote: »
    I still can't get into my email can you?

No, still no luck accessing it. The service is a joke. The problem is that I dont know who to contact to see what's going on. This isnt the first time this has happened. Not a happy camper!

No, still no luck accessing it. The service is a joke. The problem is that I dont know who to contact to see what's going on. This isnt the first time this has happened. Not a happy camper!
    I'm not 100% but i think it's BT. I need to access my email to get some info i have saved for an interview in the morning it's a joke alright.

just managed to access my email this is what you have to do google iol email or iolfree email this will take you to the email sign in page. Or try these http://webmail.iolfree.ie/cgi-bin/cwmail.cgi orhttp://webmail.iol.ie/cgi-bin/cwmail.cgi

just managed to access my email this is what you have to do google iol email or iolfree email this will take you to the email sign in page. Or try these http://webmail.iolfree.ie/cgi-bin/cwmail.cgi orhttp://webmail.iol.ie/cgi-bin/cwmail.cgi

Thanks lee70! That was a great help to me! I mailed BT and told them the problems I'm having with the mail service. They replied by simply saying that the service is down atm and to access it the way you suggested above. Thanks again. Hope the interview went well! :)

• Advertisement

You can also use mail2web.com for IOL e-mail if their webmail service gives trouble.

I still use an IOL e-mail for my personal mail for the sole reason that I get no spam. *touch wood*

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Grey_Goose

Thanks Lee70 for for that lifesaver url - Like others here I still use the iolfree email as I find it very secure. I hve set up GMAIL to read my iolfree a/c. As my iolfree ac got overloaded I needed to get to it to empty and only now discovered that there is a problem with it. Also thanks to Boards as from you all I have managed to get my iolfree empty and I hope ready to fill up again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Quayman

One of my customers cannot get their IOL mail - does anyone know if there is a problem with IOL mail?

Quayman wrote: »
    One of my customers cannot get their IOL mail - does anyone know if there is a problem with IOL mail?

My POP3 access is working fine here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Quayman

Ta Karsini
    I guess they have changed their password or someone else has - not easy to retrieve from IOL.

Hi have you tried this link:- http://webmail.iolfree.ie/cgi-bin/cwmail.cgi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭mattser

Is there a problem again ?. I can't access.

mattser wrote: »
    Is there a problem again ?. I can't access.

Hi matter.

http://webmail.iolfree.ie/cgi-bin/cwmail.cgi
    I have just tried this link just now and it still works. best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭mattser

Sound. Thanks GG.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Mirka

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to webmail.iolfree.ie

Try reloading: webmail.­iolfree.­ie/­cgi-­bin/­cwmail.­cgi

Have just got this Message from Google Chrome and tried the reloading process - still no luck -
    any Ideas on what I should do next???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I get a login page when I truncate it to just:

webmail.­iolfree.­ie/­

Is that what you're looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Mirka

I phoned the BT number in the UK and when they tried it appears to be working now - but I am no wiser as to the cause, thank you for your help re truncating the search.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jolly1

I have started having problems with my IOL account where some messages from gmail accounts have bounced back to senders. I have sent test messages from my gmail account to my IOL account and it works fine. So the problem seems intermittent. Anyone with similar problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭SIG

Is IOL service down - cant send or receive since 1415 hrs to day. Anyone else have same problem ?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Strasser

Same here since around 12.30

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭SIG

Just contacted BT on 1800 924 925 press 3 then 2. Spoke with a v nice fellow - server down will be back to-morrow.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

It's one of the reasons why I got my own domain name. You can forward all emails to Gmail etc then. At least you then own your email address.

* It's also way cooler then Gmail!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Major thread on IOL mail here. Going to lock this one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement